CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Urgh. Maybe it’s because her stuff about skincare/beauty isn’t remotely helpful and mixed in with a ton of other tit? I can’t ever remember her actually clearly offering advice ie good morning, night routines that are tangible and easy to follow. It’s not exactly selling a product. Her engagement might be higher than others but if that engagement is heavily on stuff not skin care focused why would a brand invest?

It’s pissed me off so much I’ve gone back to see- her last grid post that was clearly focussed on skin care was from July??
I must admit I’ve always found her skincare content quite confusing. She uses so many different products and doesn’t seem to stick with any of them long term.

Reactions: 10
With the size of her following, she won’t get sent beauty products unless it’s her USP. They send them to dedicated fashion/beauty bloggers or people with HUGE followings, not some random who occasionally uses moisturiser when she remembers and just wants some freebies. Brands won’t usually waste their time paying someone to promote something that they’re not sure her followers will buy. It would be like a dog food brand sending products to someone who doesn’t have a dog.

She needs to decide if she’s a professional moaner (with the odd beauty post) or a beauty account (with a side order of professional moaning because she won’t give that up). If she’s the latter, she needs to start promoting brands off her back (i.e buying the stuff herself) before they start sending her goodies.

My best mate has three times the followers Cathy has and quite good engagement, despite not being an influencer and having no desire to be. The reason being that he's bleeping gorgeous. That's it. The world is a shallow place.

With or without a disability, Cathy is not especially attractive, and people want to buy tit from or engage with people who are aspirational, be that conventionally attractive, well dressed, interesting, high achievers, whatever. She's none of those things. I wouldn't buy anything skincare related based on her recommendation bsvause she has totally average skin. I can achieve average skin just by existing, for free 😂.

Reactions: 11
I may be misremembering, but didn't she only start actually USING skincare products fairly recently herself? Most of the stuff she shares is just rehashed routines from Caroline Hirons or whatever she's been sent for free.

I'm sure most people started following her for her disability chat (and probably 'Sincare Sundays) rather than skincare advice.

Reactions: 4
Doing ads when she’s admitted at the start that she hasn’t even washed yet and then wonders why brands don’t want to work with her! Why would anyone want someone advertising their products when the ad starts with ‘I haven’t had a shower yet or anything’
Grubby cow!

Reactions: 7
I don't know why she's so convinced that her disability is the reason people don't want to work with her.
I certainly wouldn't purchase any product she promoted, not because she has dwarfism, but because she comes across as an absolute wagon.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Regarding her ‘skincare’ content, she seems to just use whatever she can get for free, never really sticks to a routine to give long term reviews, and if I remember correctly when she has done reviews (after all of a couple of days) just sort of says she liked it or didn’t like it, without any actual information on the product or who it may work for. Also a lot of her reviews are for really expensive products which she admits she wouldn’t ordinarily buy but has been given them for free, so she’s not exactly the target market for certain of products, so why would similar brands want to work with her? It’s quite alienating.
I also seem to remember her doing an ad for Green Chef and she accidentally called them Hello Fresh in her stories…. I don’t think lack of ads coming here way is due to her disability….

I also seem to remember her doing an ad for Green Chef and she accidentally called them Hello Fresh in her stories…. I don’t think lack of ads coming here way is due to her disability….
Yes! The ridiculous thing with that was it was pre-recorded, she knew she’d made a mistake yet still chose to share it?! Calling a brand the completely wrong name yet still going ahead and posting the advert is surely a cardinal sin for any supposed influencer. Why would anyone want to work with her when she can’t even advertise things correctly and DGAF if she gets it wrong and carries on. No doubt if the brand challenged her on it she’d accuse them of ableism 🙄

I can’t ever imagine in my job if I’d noticed I’d make a glaring mistake on a piece of work I’d just carry on and send it off regardless.

I also believe that advert was when she asked her followers to GuEsS wHo FiLmEd It 🥴 OMG was it one of your many suitors Cathy 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yes! The ridiculous thing with that was it was pre-recorded, she knew she’d made a mistake yet still chose to share it?! Calling a brand the completely wrong name yet still going ahead and posting the advert is surely a cardinal sin for any supposed influencer. Why would anyone want to work with her when she can’t even advertise things correctly and DGAF if she gets it wrong and carries on. No doubt if the brand challenged her on it she’d accuse them of ableism 🙄

I can’t ever imagine in my job if I’d noticed I’d make a glaring mistake on a piece of work I’d just carry on and send it off regardless.

I also believe that advert was when she asked her followers to GuEsS wHo FiLmEd It 🥴 OMG was it one of your many suitors Cathy 😱
YES!!! It was like guess who filmed this but she never told us who did! I think it was the cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone seen today’s/yesterday’s drivel? Yet another “story” about being called an Oompa Loompa by someone in a car then swearing at them etc - AGAIN Cathy…really?! Is this believable? Oh and some expensive eye cream that burnt her eyes. Wearing what looks like a dead matted animal as a coat. Neve mind your eyes being sore Cathy, mine are too after watching your latest offering.

Reactions: 8
I get what she’s saying, I really do. Being disabled myself but duck ME SHE IS ALL DOOM AND GLOOM I CANNOT 😭. I actually think I need to unfollow her for the sake of my sanity. My disability has literally turned me into a vegetable and I’m a shell of what I used to be but I try so hard to be positive where I can, which can be hard when you have mental health stuff going on too but I swear she just looks for tit to be unhappy about. Cannot deal anymore, she makes me so mad. Like it’s not even 10am, cheer the duck up 😩

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
No one would have noticed the sex toy wire Cathy. Are you 12?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve just seen her Halloween costume post. I don’t think I have ever, ever seen someone dress as Helen Keller and pretend to deaf and blind to ‘scare someone’. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Helen Keller fancy dress, or if I haveI haven’t known that what’s they were.

Someone suggested using balloons to dress as bunch of grapes in the comments, because no one could be offended by inanimate objects. Well actually, I’m here to tell you that my daughter has a chronic illness (T1 diabetes) and can’t eat grapes because they’re too sugary. Not only would someone be mocking her disability by dressing as grapes, she could actually find it quite triggering (this is how it’s done right? 😆).

I get the Oompa Loompa references can be offensive, but I think most of the other costumes she’s mentioned are reaching a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is what happens when you’re constantly seeking offence at every little thing and trying to ‘educate’ people all the time. Eventually, the cancell-er becomes the cancell-ee. It’s only a matter of time…

And the bleeping irony of her saying she refuses to be ‘policed’ 🤣 Everyone else has to watch their words and be wary of what they’re posting lest they offend her, but she’s just gonna keep doing her thing and EFF YOU.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This is what happens when you’re constantly seeking offence at every little thing and trying to ‘educate’ people all the time. Eventually, the cancell-er becomes the cancell-ee. It’s only a matter of time…

And the bleeping irony of her saying she refuses to be ‘policed’ 🤣 Everyone else has to watch their words and be wary of what they’re posting lest they offend her, but she’s just gonna keep doing her thing and EFF YOU.
FFS! Refuses to be “policed so violently”, yet again totally misusing this word and cheapening it’s meaning. She’s an utter dick.

The message read like a parody of a woke warrior but was is no way rude and in fact very polite. To use the word violent is so bleeping ridiculous.

If the person hadn’t been white would that message be OK, Cathy? Just wondering since that was such a key takeaway for you. The way she hates her own skin colour is quite weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm not a vegan myself but her saying 'vegan white women are the fcking worst' seems to go against everything else she preaches. So unfair to judge an entire group of people like that.

Fuming at her use of 'violence' again... so insensitive to people who have suffered true violence (physical and mental) rather than a politely worded Instagram DM from someone who has a different opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.