CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So hypocritical...
I also kind of have a feeling she sent that message to herself šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She definitely has massive issues over the fact she is white. I think it relates to the fact her children have a black father, almost like she wants to distance herself from other white women (ā€œIā€™m not like the other girls!ā€) and to make herself feel better about the fact she might not understand some of the things her girls will experience because of their skin colour when sheā€™s so used to understanding their experiences relating to dwarfism.

Although, I do agree she sent it herself like she definitely did with that magazine request way back when.

Reactions: 19
Refused to be policed violently?! WTF!
I think sheā€™s made it up! Why would she be waiting for a message like that? šŸ˜‚
She really seems to be ashamed by the fact that she is a white woman herself!

Reactions: 6
Violent?! Iā€™d say itā€™s quite ā€˜violentā€™ sharing the message.

The message reads like an absolute pisstake sheā€™s fallen for.

Reactions: 10
She's so embarassing. Between that and the LOOK THIS IS THE WIRE FRON A SEX TOY AREN'T I NAUGHTY AND INTERESTING she's a bleeping cringefest.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That medicine of yours don't taste so good does it Cathy?

Also, it was interesting watching her respond so defensively when there's an interesting conversation to be had here. Cathy is mega-left leaning and generally the natural road that mega-leftist/anti capitalist ideology leads you to is veggie/veganism. If you move in those circles and champion left leaning issues you will inevitably be called out by your peers one day if you're a meat eater. It's the last (and soemtimes most difficult) bastion of leftie politics.

I think Cathy feels defensive about this issue because she knows that it would be more 'on brand' for her to be veggie/vegan but she simply doesn't want to (which is actually fine). So rather than try to justify why she isn't she crys VIOLENCE and POLICING.

Which is exactly what she does to other people.

Last edited:
That last sentence šŸ˜‚. Pot, kettle...
I donā€™t know how people write this kind of tit with a serious face šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

ETA; I just read the twitter thread and thereā€™s lots of they ā€œappearā€ white and they ā€œappearā€ less marginalised than herself to justify her reaction to this terrible terrible violence. Lots of judging a book by the cover from Cathy here. I thought she was meant to be all woke and hot on disability not always being visible and not being able to tell someoneā€™s heritage just by looking at them etc. She really doesnā€™t get her own brand.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
THE AUDACITY. Misusing a word and undermining itā€™s severity, canā€™t think who does that all the time šŸ¤”

Of course sheā€™s had to make this about her being more marginalised and having a disability, therefore this person is not allowed to make a comment. As per usual, Cathy simply ASSUMING this woman doesnā€™t have a disability, how does she know?

All the people fawning over her in the comments, are you not EMBARAZZED.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh for Godā€™s sake, sheā€™s just plain WRONG. Violence is a word with a specific definition. She needs to get another bloody word

Reactions: 7
The comments on that post are wild! Literally saying that veganism is racist and ableistā€¦.oh do fudge off!
The constant praise for her post is sickening when what she is doing is allowing public bullying of this persons view.
If, (big IF), this message was even real, then she doesnā€™t need to make it all public like this, but anything for engagement right?
The message wasnā€™t even rude and doesnā€™t warrant such a horrible response. Cathy could have simply replied and said if you donā€™t like it then donā€™t watch.

As for Cathy, she has assumed that this person is a woman purely off what they appear like, she has also assumed this person is white based on appearance and is assuming this person has no disability, because they havenā€™t liked any of her disability posts. What a twit.
The temptation for me to ask on the comments why she has brought race into this is too much, but Iā€™ll keep my comments to tattle! šŸ˜‚

Edit to add - for some people, veganism is more than just a lifestyle and food preference choice, but due to possible medical issues, would be a necessity. To say that this person is entitled could be wholly wrong if they are not able to eat meat, whereas you are privileged to be able to eat meat.
What if they are vegan due to their religion? Sheā€™s so quick to assume!
Eurgh sheā€™s so annoying šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
White people are not some bleeping monolith. If we're going to play hierarchy one-upmanship, Cathy forgets she is a white middle class woman and having a disability or mixed race children does not negate that.
I just don't get why she is thinking that white non-disabled people are saying that? I haven't seen that anywhere on her posts today, or have I missed something? šŸ˜‚

Her smug face tho :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

She really needs to take a look in the mirror at who she is before she goes on a rant about white people

Reactions: 12
So would it be ok for someone she deems 'more marginalised' than her to have sent that very polite message?

She's totally within her right to block/delete from her own online space but there is no need for this ridiculous reaction. It totally belittles anyone who truly suffers any kind of 'violence' and distracts from their stories and voices. I can't believe nobody is calling her out for this and a few other accounts I follow have actually shared her post! She's just so hypocritical.

Reactions: 13
White people are not some bleeping monolith. If we're going to play hierarchy one-upmanship, Cathy forgets she is a white middle class woman and having a disability or mixed race children does not negate that.
What pisses me off about the marginalisation hierarchy these people like to bleat on about is that they never factor in just how much 'privilege' someone has coming from a loving, stable and supportive family, whatever that family looks like. From what's she said in the past, her parents are amazing and supportive. I really don't think this is talked about enough by Cathy et. al because it's not something you can quickly judge from looking at a person. They just want to put people in intersectional boxes immediately from someone's appearance i.e. White, female, non disabled = uber privileged, with absolutely NO idea what that person has been through in the past.

I'm also now wondering if she just shares women of colour's Instagram/posts, simply because they are women of colour - does she know what their past transgressions may be or their actual beliefs. Is she simply trying to amplify such voices to appear an ally without thinking critically about what they're saying. She's referred to Africa Brooke a few times. Africa's viewpoint and teachings, as it were, go completely against what she says and believes - unsurprisingly, I love Africa. I believe she's shared Stephanie Yeboah in the past as well, who has posted anti-Semitic tweets historically.

Reactions: 9
What pisses me off about the marginalisation hierarchy these people like to bleat on about is that they never factor in just how much 'privilege' someone has coming from a loving, stable and supportive family, whatever that family looks like. From what's she said in the past, her parents are amazing and supportive. I really don't think this is talked about enough by Cathy et. al because it's not something you can quickly judge from looking at a person. They just want to put people in intersectional boxes immediately from someone's appearance i.e. White, female, non disabled = uber privileged, with absolutely NO idea what that person has been through in the past.

I'm also now wondering if she just shares women of colour's Instagram/posts, simply because they are women of colour - does she know what their past transgressions may be or their actual beliefs. Is she simply trying to amplify such voices to appear an ally without thinking critically about what they're saying. She's referred to Africa Brooke a few times. Africa's viewpoint and teachings, as it were, go completely against what she says and believes - unsurprisingly, I love Africa. I believe she's shared Stephanie Yeboah in the past as well, who has posted anti-Semitic tweets historically.
Absolutely. These people never mention this or social class in their rants about intersectionality, because then they'd have to acknowledge they're probably much higher up the hierarchy than they'd like to admit. I feel like the only people we don't ever hear from are poor white women.

Absolutely. These people never mention this or social class in their rants about intersectionality, because then they'd have to acknowledge they're probably much higher up the hierarchy than they'd like to admit. I feel like the only people we don't ever hear from are poor white women.
Exactly like the poor white woman in my clinic today who has to make a choice between hearing her home and relying on a food bank to eat or to do shopping and have a freezing house. I think this woman has had more issues in her life than poor freelance writer/Instagram influencer cathy.

• Heart
She's white and from a privileged, middle class background. She has to distance herself from that somehow.

I feel very sorry for the school having her as a governor. You know she will be an absolute nightmare.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.