CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As if her hairdresser had her saved in their phone as Cathy (Midget) ?!
This one is a compulsive liar ! Also bet she sent that reply message to herself...
Firstly, how did she find that out? My hairdresser doesn’t keep her phone on her and even if she did, I’d have to phone her while I was standing next to her to see what came up on the screen. Secondly, I don’t know anyone who uses that kind of language (and I live in a town up north where wokism has yet to land). I haven’t heard of anyone use the word ‘cripple’ in any kind of context since the 19th Century and even ‘midget’ is going out of fashion as an insult and never towards anyone with dwarfism.
She’s so full of bullshit. I absolutely believe that ableism and racism are still rife, there’s no denying that, but why does she have to make this stuff up?

Reactions: 15
Be more likely to have her saved as Kathy the bleep than Kathy the midget. Her stories are so far fetched like when she’s typing does she not think ahhh I sound stupid.
my first comment on this thread and I’m probably going to get a bit of hate for this but Its either the way she Potrays them or there actually like that but they come across as right little pricks following in mums footsteps?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If her hairdresser did have her saved as that it's still a lesser crime than that god awful haircut.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I mean if the hairdresser had written that (had being the operative word) obviously she’s a massive dick
But… why was Cathy attending a colour appointment with 2 kids in tow?! That’s hours in a salon with 2 children who whoever well behaved absolutely will not sit still for that amount of time

Reactions: 9
I mean if the hairdresser had written that (had being the operative word) obviously she’s a massive dick
But… why was Cathy attending a colour appointment with 2 kids in tow?! That’s hours in a salon with 2 children who whoever well behaved absolutely will not sit still for that amount of time
How did she see her hairdressers phone?

Reactions: 7
Good point, more holes in the story. How did she know what she was was saved as, why bring two children with her and why hasn’t she so vocally called them out and tagged them in it as she has done before? It’s like the mysterious racist and ableist e-mail from a magazine she would not name.

Be more likely to have her saved as Kathy the bleep than Kathy the midget. Her stories are so far fetched like when she’s typing does she not think ahhh I sound stupid.
my first comment on this thread and I’m probably going to get a bit of hate for this but Its either the way she Potrays them or there actually like that but they come across as right little pricks following in mums footsteps?
Unfortunately it’s quite clear she’s indoctrinating them with her politics and views. It’s a shame as I think it’ll do them more harm than good and set them up to think the whole world is against them.

Reactions: 12
Obviously no one is allowed to question the veracity of what has been said, even someone with the same disability. I do not believe for one second it would be unsafe to out him, in fact it strikes me as the kind of story that would garner a lot of support and probably cancel the person, which she loves to do. Does the danger come from him being white cis het and non disabled, if it changed to the person being black and trans would the danger suddenly be reduced? Sounds prejudiced to me 🤔 I suspect it’s because it’s bullshit. She’s so bleeping tiresome. 🥴🥱

4BCEDA7B-E56E-4DC9-BF66-1AD63BC430FB.png

AB0E9166-9D84-4076-9B06-19D938FE50B5.png

Reactions: 8
Obviously no one is allowed to question the veracity of what has been said, even someone with the same disability. I do not believe for one second it would be unsafe to out him, in fact it strikes me as the kind of story that would garner a lot of support and probably cancel the person, which she loves to do. Does the danger come from him being white cis het and non disabled, if it changed to the person being black and trans would the danger suddenly be reduced? Sounds prejudiced to me 🤔 I suspect it’s because it’s bullshit. She’s so bleeping tiresome. 🥴🥱

View attachment 802934

View attachment 802935
It's like that 'magazine/newspaper' whatever that allegedly sent racist message to her about her mixed race children but she never revealed the magazine?
Blatantly because it didn't happen ??

Reactions: 10
The rest of us with dwarfism are struggling to believe you could have a day like she did yesterday, to be honest if those incidents happened in the space of a month I’d think it was a bit ridiculous.
And again with the (midget) I’ve never known anyone that knows of a person with dwarfism to refer to us in that way, what I’ve known is for example “little Cathy” or Cathy (little). I spent my childhood known as “little Crystal” because there was another girl with my name and she was known as “big Crystal” never bothered me, fact is I’m short, people remember a feature more than anything else.

And as with dealing with people laughing or mocking you, yep from time to time it happens, it’s tit but as with all arseholes in life it says more about them that it does you, and it’s not personal, those arseholes are just arseholes and will attempt to humiliate anyone with any difference, old, young, white or not, fat or skinny, tall or short…it’s not personal, they are just simply arseholes. But I guess all of that thinking wouldn’t make Cathy a victim or give her anything to complain about.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The rest of us with dwarfism are struggling to believe you could have a day like she did yesterday, to be honest if those incidents happened in the space of a month I’d think it was a bit ridiculous.
And again with the (midget) I’ve never known anyone that knows of a person with dwarfism to refer to us in that way, what I’ve known is for example “little Cathy” or Cathy (little). I spent my childhood known as “little Crystal” because there was another girl with my name and she was known as “big Crystal” never bothered me, fact is I’m short, people remember a feature more than anything else.

And as with dealing with people laughing or mocking you, yep from time to time it happens, it’s tit but as with all arseholes in life it says more about them that it does you, and it’s not personal, those arseholes are just arseholes and will attempt to humiliate anyone with any difference, old, young, white or not, fat or skinny, tall or short…it’s not personal, they are just simply arseholes. But I guess all of that thinking wouldn’t make Cathy a victim or give her anything to complain about.
Thanks for sharing Crystal! It did sound like a wild account of events so I appreciate hearing your personal experiences.

The comments her children made sound like absolute bullshit too! And does she really know that her hairdresser is cishet and doesn't perhaps have a hidden disability? Or is mixed race but very fair? So many assumptions from someone who is always banging on about being judged.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Christ why is she now asking which Instagrammer her followers think she would go out with, is she 14 years old!?

• Haha
She does act like a weirdo teenager. No self awareness. It's the same as when she goes on about having a terribly active dating and sex life. Like we can tell you've had sex before Cathy, you have two children, who are you trying to convince?

Reactions: 5
All that story screamed to me was ... “Don’t bother talking to me if you’ve got dwarfism, I probably won’t like you anyway”

Reactions: 12
I don’t think she likes anyone except her children or companies paying her for brand work 🙄 oh and the cat of course!

Reactions: 4
Urgh. Maybe it’s because her stuff about skincare/beauty isn’t remotely helpful and mixed in with a ton of other tit? I can’t ever remember her actually clearly offering advice ie good morning, night routines that are tangible and easy to follow. It’s not exactly selling a product. Her engagement might be higher than others but if that engagement is heavily on stuff not skin care focused why would a brand invest?

It’s pissed me off so much I’ve gone back to see- her last grid post that was clearly focussed on skin care was from July??

Urgh. Maybe it’s because her stuff about skincare/beauty isn’t remotely helpful and mixed in with a ton of other tit? I can’t ever remember her actually clearly offering advice ie good morning, night routines that are tangible and easy to follow. It’s not exactly selling a product. Her engagement might be higher than others but if that engagement is heavily on stuff not skin care focused why would a brand invest?

It’s pissed me off so much I’ve gone back to see- her last grid post that was clearly focussed on skin care was from July??
I mean, the most obvious reason to me is that her skin objectively does not look good. She seems to possess no specific skincare knowledge, she slaps all manner of products on because she’s given them for free, and her skin is no better for it - she looks a solid ten years older than me, and I’m several years older than her (admittedly I do spend rather a lot on skincare, but I stick to the same stuff once I’ve figured out what works). I’d firmly consider myself target market for 30+ premium skincare, and would find anything she advertised to have the opposite effect, which is something I’m sure the brands themselves are aware of. Engagement is irrelevant if it does not lead to measurable conversions.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.