CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think going deep into such topics at a young age is damaging. It needs to be nuanced and a lot of critical thinking should be involved, which children generally don’t have. Introducing it now would be very confusing I would imagine.

A work colleague likes to harp on about her gender-less approach to raising her sons. I think it’s great not to enforce gender stereotypes on your children, my conservative parents never did and I was what you would probably call a tomboy. However, with my colleague it seems so forced. She recently posted a selfie of her and her son getting manicures, I wonder if he actually wanted to or was coerced into doing so for the sake of a supposedly progressive Facebook post. She also announced the other day he had to sit in on her getting a wax! He’s about 4, what’s the need?

My opinion only of course, someone with experience of child psychology may tell me I’m looking into this too much 😂 Will try not to derail the thread.
I'm with you on this. I have nothing against fighting against gender stereotypes, the whole blue and pink thing is outdated. However, I do wonder how many of these gender less children's parents are doing it because their children have requested it, or because they are just desperately woke. I have a couple of friends on FB who have gender neutral kids and I don't mean to make assumptions but both sets of parents are massive hipsters. Its like has your little boy requested to wear pink and have long hair or is this something you've pushed on him to be current? Its not even like he is scared of the hairdressers either as his haircut is very trendy long, as in the fringe is cut in a certain style so it's a choice to have it long. If he likes it long, fair enough but I'd bet money his parents had more say over it.

The fact Cathy is teaching her daughter to "interrogate" people about it aswell is just unreal. Why not teach her to just mind her own business, let people have their own opinions and be kind ffs

Reactions: 7
She knows she has to show the kids or she won’t make any money or get any freebies, the kids stuff is where all the engagement is.
When there's money or exposure involved, all morals go out the window. Similar to the fact she'll happily work with the Body Shop because they offer her a place on panels and send free stuff despite them having an MLM branch.

Also find it interesting she had to end some apparent relationship yesterday? I don't know how someone could sit through even one date with her, 5 minutes in she'd be droning on about every injustice ever I bet. I would want to scarper.

Reactions: 5
I don’t even know what to say about her latest stories? If a company doesn’t want to collaborate with her it’s ableism?? Sorry, what?!?

Reactions: 9
When there's money or exposure involved, all morals go out the window. Similar to the fact she'll happily work with the Body Shop because they offer her a place on panels and send free stuff despite them having an MLM branch.

Also find it interesting she had to end some apparent relationship yesterday? I don't know how someone could sit through even one date with her, 5 minutes in she'd be droning on about every injustice ever I bet. I would want to scarper.
The relationship stories make no sense either. So there's pressure to talk about the end of relationships even though she didn't really tell her followers about it but people ask and it's hard to talk about but we should be able to talk about these things but she doesn't want to except she does because she's asking people to engage about it on her stories? She talks total shite.

Reactions: 4
60A7A245-055D-433D-AE03-CC7BB40DB794.png

It’s just because you’re highly unlikeable, that’s why Cathy. Also your ideas might have been tit, you thinking they’re great is just your opinion.

In what world is this acceptable behaviour, that’s like me going on LinkedIn, because I didn’t get a response to a job application, and then calling the company out with some aggressive post. Sure fire way to make me appear unemployable.

The pathetic thing is, this may actually work. She’s got a platform and has used some woke buzzwords, that always makes businesses nervous 🙄 Does she acknowledge her privilege in that? I wish companies wouldn’t cower to this bullshit.

Im a strong believer 90% of people don’t prescribe to this crap and also aren’t alt-right Nazis, but everyone’s too scared to say anything because they’ll be labelled as such by people like Cathy. It’s an un-winnable (is that even a word 🤔) battle until people counter it together. I’ll admit I’m even too scared too though, people sadly lose their jobs due to people like her trying to call them out or cancel them.

Cannot stand the way she intersects everything, to her the privilege within each group is so clear cut and not at all nuanced. Life is so much more complicated.

Finally, does realise she can post text on her Instagram story without the need for a photo of her tit hair in the background 🙅🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Perhaps she’s deleted those stories about Feeld because she’s realised just how ridiculous they were, even by her standards. That was a pretty serious accusation she chucked at them, and with no good reason. I bet big companies get loads of emails from ‘influencers’ looking for work, they probably don’t have time to respond to them all. That’s much more likely to be the reason she didn’t get a response than ableism ffs!

Reactions: 6
Interesting how she seemed incredibly excited about it and was fan-girling over Jennifer Saunders on Zoom but when they had the audacity not to feature what she said in a one minute clip she’s now conflicted about it.

duck off and stop using the word ‘violence’ so flippantly, it’s offensive. I’m incredibly close to messaging her about it, it’s ridiculous. I’m surprised no one has challenged her on it yet.

Reactions: 11
What are all the dream DM’s about?
Apparently several followers a day have dreams with her or her children in it and they choose to message her about it and state they've joined the 'dream club'.

I find it all very bleeping weird and question the legitimacy of it because I think she lies a lot. They wouldn't be dreams for me if Cathy popped up, only nightmares.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.