CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS now she’s sharing Ayishat Akanbi, her and Africa Brooke talk about people like Cathy all the time and I’m still aghast she doesn’t see the irony of sharing their thoughts 🤦🏻‍♀️
It's hilarious, the absolute lack of self awareness. Utterly cringeworthy.

Reactions: 3
She actually seems a bit more likeable lately. Still saying nothing new, but less of a black hole of negativity than usual 😂.

Reactions: 1
She actually seems a bit more likeable lately. Still saying nothing new, but less of a black hole of negativity than usual 😂.
I was going to say exactly the same but it pained me too much to do so!! 🤣🤣

Fair play, let's hope it continues 👍

Reactions: 2
Maybe someone has had a little look in tattle. Then again I doubt that would have changed her tune? Maybe she got some from the new mysterious man😂

Aaand bumble is getting it again. She's offended because they said 'individuals with disabilities' instead of 'disabled people?' Seriously Cathy?

Reactions: 6
Aaand bumble is getting it again. She's offended because they said 'individuals with disabilities' instead of 'disabled people?' Seriously Cathy?
As an INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY 😉 myself I honestly do not see the bleeping difference. In fact I would have thought that may be better as it doesn’t define the whole person? She needs to get a bleeping grip.

“Identity first language” makes complete sense for her, rather than being part of who she is, it dominates her whole existence. As a person with dwarfism I understand how it affects you every day but it sure as hell does not define me.

I can see why she may assume a non-disabled person may have formulated that wording but why do they have to be cis and more importantly white? How would the colour of someone’s skin and their gender identity determine their approach to ableism? She just uses buzz words like an aggressive Twitter bully

Saying she has a highlight of the “violence” her and other people have experienced on Bumble? Violence? Someone being a horrible twit on a dating app is not violence and labelling it as such cheapens it for people that have actually experienced it.

ARGHHH I can’t with her. Rant over 😬

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This complaint of hers is a bleeping joke. Their description is as least offensive and woke as I've ever heard. Only bleeping Cathy would take offense at this!!! I take back my last post her being more reasonable nowadays 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I do support work and we always use ‘adults with learning disabilities’ as they are an adult/individual with a disability, it shouldn’t come first
Best pass on Cathy’s concerns to my care company 🙄

Reactions: 4
I do support work and we always use ‘adults with learning disabilities’ as they are an adult/individual with a disability, it shouldn’t come first
Best pass on Cathy’s concerns to my care company 🙄
Yes! We say person with autism or autistic person. We asked our service users what they prefer, and went with that.

The use of the word "violence" for anything and everything is probably my least favourite part of all the identity politics bullshit spouted on Instagram.

"Violence" is a word with an actual meaning, and that isn't someone being a twit to you on a dating app you have chosen to use.

• Heart
Her stories today talking to her children about gender.

I think it’s great to talk about about this topic however I think this is when it goes too far. Her daughter sounds like a mini me of her. She’s only very young yet is already starting to sound like a Twitter bully.

I wish people would just let children be children and stop feeding their minds with this kind of stuff.

Attachments

I agree. Being considerate of others and critical of prescriptive gender roles is great, but honestly this is the worst kind of woke brownie point virtue signalling, because what is it actually achieving? Like with most online activism, all it is is trotting out the same old lines so all her Instagram mates can pat her on the back and tell her how good and progressive she is. Nothing tangible is ever achieved.

I agree. Being considerate of others and critical of prescriptive gender roles is great, but honestly this is the worst kind of woke brownie point virtue signalling, because what is it actually achieving? Like with most online activism, all it is is trotting out the same old lines so all her Instagram mates can pat her on the back and tell her how good and progressive she is. Nothing tangible is ever achieved.
I think going deep into such topics at a young age is damaging. It needs to be nuanced and a lot of critical thinking should be involved, which children generally don’t have. Introducing it now would be very confusing I would imagine.

A work colleague likes to harp on about her gender-less approach to raising her sons. I think it’s great not to enforce gender stereotypes on your children, my conservative parents never did and I was what you would probably call a tomboy. However, with my colleague it seems so forced. She recently posted a selfie of her and her son getting manicures, I wonder if he actually wanted to or was coerced into doing so for the sake of a supposedly progressive Facebook post. She also announced the other day he had to sit in on her getting a wax! He’s about 4, what’s the need?

My opinion only of course, someone with experience of child psychology may tell me I’m looking into this too much 😂 Will try not to derail the thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I think going deep into such topics at a young age is damaging. It needs to be nuanced and a lot of critical thinking should be involved, which children generally don’t have. Introducing it now would be very confusing I would imagine.

A work colleague likes to harp on about her gender-less approach to raising her sons. I think it’s great not to enforce gender stereotypes on your children, my conservative parents never did and I have was what you would probably call a tomboy. However, with my colleague it seems so forced. She recently posted a selfie of her and her son getting manicures, I wonder if I he actually wanted to or was coerced into doing so for the sake of a supposedly progressive Facebook post. She also announced the other day he had to sit in on her getting a wax! He’s about 4, what’s the need?

My opinion only of course, someone with experience of child psychology may tell me I’m looking into this too much 😂 Will try not to derail the thread.
I agree with you totally. I was also a tomboy, always wanted to do typical "boy" things and I'm glad I didn't gave parents who inflicted today's idea of gender identity on me based on that to be honest.

I don't think most adults have the required level of critical thinking to be honest. I actually think some of the prevelant ideas about sex and gender at the moment are really regressive, wrapped up in a pretty woke progressive bow.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Completely agreed with the above posts. Let kids be kids. Kids don't question gender roles unless we make it an issue. And kids at their age are so young, it seems cruel to be putting all this on them.

She's making poor Mariama into a little version of herself and I think some of it may be for IG effect. It was only a while ago where she wouldn't share her girls names and had a big thing about how she asks her children for consent and doesn't post any personal photos. The poor kids now are being used to get as many IG freebies as possible. Disgusting.

Reactions: 13
I can't imagine how I'd feel if I'd been plastered all over the Internet as a child. Not good.

It's funny because lalalaletmeexplain has been posting recently about not putting your kids photos online because you're inviting predators, and yet they're always sharing each other's posts. I think lala was how I found Cathy in the first place.

She knows she has to show the kids or she won’t make any money or get any freebies, the kids stuff is where all the engagement is.

Reactions: 6
She's making poor Mariama into a little version of herself and I think some of it may be for IG effect. It was only a while ago where she wouldn't share her girls names and had a big thing about how she asks her children for consent and doesn't post any personal photos. The poor kids now are being used to get as many IG freebies as possible. Disgusting.
Her asking for consent is pure virtual signalling. The girls are what, 4 and 7? Children that age do not understand the concept or consequences of sharing something with almost 27k people (/anyone with an internet connection as her account is public). Some teenagers and even adults struggle with this, so how can she expect such young children to be able to give consent? If she wants to share them then sure, there’s nothing legally stopping her. She just needs to stop acting morally superior and pretending the kids are able to make informed decisions about this.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.