CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's always been an absolute joy then...
Came here to say pretty much the same thing! 😂

She’s a professional complainer & caller-out of companies, & it all started with Hula Hoops! If they hadn’t sent her that £20 voucher when she was a child, she might not be accusing the likes of Greggs, Bumble & Boots of being racists/ableists today!

0DA4D6C2-5A11-4BAC-956B-A9A4F24DE6BD.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Who wants to bet if that woman did jump in and start explaining to the child about Cathy and her dwarfism, she would still have been called out for doing *something* wrong 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Who wants to bet that encounter is heavily embellished.

People are ableist arseholes, but everything she writes sounds like a story told by a pathological liar.

Reactions: 12
As I said, I’m a little person, same as Cathy. My child is not, but obviously spent every day of his life with me, yet if we see another little person he will look, he’s even been known to do a little nervous giggle. It doesn’t matter that he’s been with me, he, like every child on this planet, notices anyone with any slight difference. As a child, despite having the same condition I also looked at other little people, even stared, even into my teenage years, with all the questions in my mind of is that how I look, I’m taller/smaller than them…humans are naturally curious. Rudeness though is something completely different, and why would I or anyone else try to educate someone with that mind frame, because that’s what they are like regardless, and that sort of person would say something about anyone.

She just irritates me so much with her moaning, she appears to have a nice life, there’s many little people who are really disabled with a lot of health conditions and can’t work, can’t go on holiday and haven’t had children and they don’t moan like she does. She’s just so negative.

Reactions: 16
Another encounter that never happened then! She could try harder to make her bullshit believable at least 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Who wants to bet if that woman did jump in and start explaining to the child about Cathy and her dwarfism, she would still have been called out for doing *something* wrong 🤔
Exactly this. She even said herself that sometimes doing that wouldn't be the right thing to do. So it really is all dependent on how she feels in that precise moment on that precise day. Basically impossible to know or predict and betcha bottom dollar it will be wrong every damn time.

I just cba with the made up/embellished stories and nothing every being good enough for her. Have you seen the reply she's put to her friend in the comments? I'd be fading that friendship out fast if I was her mate!

HA now sharing a Jonathan Pie tweet, a character she surely hates?

'Perma offended woke twit' is quite a good description actually.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for her kids, having to grow up with such anger and negativity around them all the time - she’s a Karen. I hope their dad is a bit of a lighter presence.

I like to follow people who are different to me because I don’t want to live in an echo chamber - I like to be aware of and understand other perspectives. But I just can’t abide her, she’s so full of rage at seemingly everything and is really narcissistic? I don’t know how she makes any friends.

I GET that her life must have been much more challenging than I can even imagine, and I’d like to understand ways that I can be actively anti-ableist. But the sheer amount of things she takes issue with and the way she delivers her messages completely dilutes any actual learning.

Plus, and I know it’s not my place to question the experiences she shares, BUT a lot of them do seem really sus - bit BTEC drama script.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just… do you want people to advocate for you or not? Does it depend on what direction the wind blows?! People advocate for you, well they’re stepping in where they’re not wanted. People don’t advocate for you, how dare they not be aware and invested in the minutae of your life.
I have followed and supported her for a long time but I really question how genuine these interactions actually are.
She was offended that a woman asked her a question, but we don’t actually get her response. No one can do right in her eyes, Cathy is a toxic person and everyone should steer clear

I just… do you want people to advocate for you or not? Does it depend on what direction the wind blows?! People advocate for you, well they’re stepping in where they’re not wanted. People don’t advocate for you, how dare they not be aware and invested in the minutae of your life.
I have followed and supported her for a long time but I really question how genuine these interactions actually are.
She was offended that a woman asked her a question, but we don’t actually get her response. No one can do right in her eyes, Cathy is a toxic person and everyone should steer clear

Reactions: 8
Sorry...she's now talking about her concern for 'mob culture', what the hell did she try to do to Daisy May Cooper?! This woman is tone deaf and highly hypocritical.

It's now ALL about ads for Cathy and making money out of Instagram. This time a few months ago it was very different and she used to actually post and interact with her followers but now she couldn't care less. All she wants is free stuff to be sent to her and to be gifted days out.

Sincare Sunday - can't do it anymore as was too much of a chore. Yet happy for gifts to be sent each day. She's a greedy, nasty and selfish woman.

Reactions: 9
Tonight she has been asked whether she searches herself on tattle. Of course it isn't up for discussion 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There’s no way she doesn’t. It no doubt boosts her ego.

I might be too sensitive but as a lesbian, her response to a DM she got from someone saying they think she’s dating a woman as she’s ‘glowing differently’ rubbed me the wrong way.

I’m all for disability representation and awareness. As someone who’s disabled, I always will be. However, she’s so negative. Looking at her stories is draining. I can’t imagine how anyone around her in person can put up with her. I can’t root for her.

Edited to add attachment. That’s rich coming from her!

Attachments

Reactions: 7
I absolutely can't stick her anymore.

Don't know who she thinks she is. Plus she's far too famous now to discuss dates.

The way she speaks is so condescending, shes vile.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
FFS now she’s sharing Ayishat Akanbi, her and Africa Brooke talk about people like Cathy all the time and I’m still aghast she doesn’t see the irony of sharing their thoughts 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.