CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When it comes to content about feminism or disability or whatever else these Instagram wannabes are talking about, they have absolutely nothing to say on the subject that hasn't already been written with more skill and talent.

Even when the whole FG/SF thing kicked off - what have either of them written about feminism that hasn't already been said by far more interesting and accomplished writers in the last half century? I can't think of much Instagram content, even when it's an accessible introduction to a subject for a new audience, that's genuinely worthy of a book.
Oh I completely agree, and I think it’s a dangerous game when so many people are turning to these influencers over actual research to get their information. Of course they can speak about their own lives and experiences, but they can’t then be angry when people ask about their lives etc, as is the case with Cathy.
(my point about FG was that every one of these women were quick to slate her, but all just reek of jealousy!)

Reactions: 2
Oh I completely agree, and I think it’s a dangerous game when so many people are turning to these influencers over actual research to get their information. Of course they can speak about their own lives and experiences, but they can’t then be angry when people ask about their lives etc, as is the case with Cathy.
(my point about FG was that every one of these women were quick to slate her, but all just reek of jealousy!)
Absolutely agree. Florence has successfully done what they're all desperate for.

She’s such a knob. You think she’d be glad that more people are becoming aware of things and learning through what’s happened to poor Britney. But nope! They should already know and how dare they just be learning now. She’s so bitter!

Reactions: 7
Used to really like her content, and learn a lot from it. Feel like she's always angry about something, and actually takes it out on followers who are trying their best to empathise and learn. "DO BETTER" because your best isn't good enough whatever you do, basically. This is partly why people disengage with influencers like Cathy. They can do nothing right. I don't need approval and to be told I'm 'right', but don't beg people to engage with your content then thrash them fo it.
Nowadays she's just desperate to bag a book deal (just kidding, although she's, like, mentioned it serval times now, written some words, just kidding though. "Where's my book deal?' haha jk '6 figures right?!'). :rolleyes:
UGH.
There's a certain circle of UK feminist insta influencers who are all scrounging for a book deal, and all of these women bashed FG in some way when there was controversy, including Cathy. When more info emerged, and the SF claims were not what they seemed, Cathy uploaded one slide saying she shouldn't have spoken on this issue and wouldn't comment further. So, public flogging of Florence without all the facts is fine, but no public apology.
The reason I mention this is because all these insta 'famous' women wouldn't even have a sniff of a book deal if it wasn't for Florence! I'm a critical fan of hers, but she has paved the way for all these boring, angry grifters to sell their stories.

Couldnt have said it better myself - bang on the money!

Reactions: 3
What makes me laugh is that she rants and raves when people ask her to take part in things like interviews, reality shows. Except when it involves her getting paid. Suddenly she is well up for it, as well as being desperate for a book deal. She did an interview recently but still managed to put up a post moaning about the positives and negatives of it.

Reactions: 5
I don’t understand her thought processes. One minute she’s championing being just like other mums etc then the next she’s doing interviews about being a mum with dwarfism. It’s all about money I guess.

What makes me laugh is that she rants and raves when people ask her to take part in things like interviews, reality shows. Except when it involves her getting paid. Suddenly she is well up for it, as well as being desperate for a book deal. She did an interview recently but still managed to put up a post moaning about the positives and negatives of it.
All these Instagram ranters are like, "pay me for my work!"

I don't know what planet they think they inhabit, but on the one I'm on, you don't create something and give it away for free, on a free platform, then demand payment afterwards and complain that people expect you to "work" for free.

Reactions: 8
Did anyone see the post/story she deleted earlier? She's deleted the story about it now too but said something about not wanting the masses/hoard to come for her, from my memory.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone see the post/story she deleted earlier? She's deleted the story about it now too but said something about not wanting the masses/hoard to come for her, from my memory.

I've been wondering what it was too, I must have missed it

I have achondroplasia and I’m from a mixed race family and have a mixed race child. I’m also the only person in my entire family with achondroplasia or a disability. My child’s father doesn’t have a disability or achondroplasia either.
I followed and unfollowed, I think I’d get it wrong too if I even tried to communicate with her. A lot of what she says/does and attacks makes me cringe, I then worry about the knock on effect for the rest of us with the condition, sometimes I really need help from someone in the public, and even when I’m offered unwanted help from an able person I will politely decline.
I found myself questioning my entire life watching her stories, wondering whether my family or friends had treated me in a different way because they were ableist. It was an awful place to be until I unfollowed and realised how much tit she spouts and whilst sometimes life is a bit tit and people make rude comments or take photos, that it wouldn’t matter whether I did or didn’t have this condition, there are arseholes out there regardless.
I agree with another poster, charli-Kate is a much better “representative” for people with achondroplasia/dwarfism. Unfortunately in Australia though.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Is anyone else bored stiff by this bloody cat? She's been building it up for weeks and weeks like we've all been on tenterhooks waiting or something. She still doesn't bloody have it. Get one or shut up about it

Reactions: 3
I haven't replied on here for ages, now it's been moved to parenting instagrammers I can never find it on my phone :(

She's still a massive twit though I can see!

I haven't replied on here for ages, now it's been moved to parenting instagrammers I can never find it on my phone :(

She's still a massive twit though I can see!

If you click ‘watch’ on the top of the thread you’ll see it easier! Or now you’ve replied it should be in your notifications 😊

So she finally gets a PR thing and what does she do? Turns up late and forgets to photograph half of it.

What a donkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I knew that book wouldn't be up to her standards when she first shared it the other day.

Reactions: 6
It's almost like she's become a parody of herself. She must enjoy being unhappy with everything, I can't see any other explanation for this behaviour.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.