CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this is tied into the whole "I want to write a book" thing.

Call out the (really lovely looking) book on insta and hope that a publisher will give her the opportunity to write a 'proper' book about inclusive parenting. Grift is at the centre of everything I think.

Reactions: 6
Oh my god she is unbelievable. Her desperate need to be woke is actually embarrassing. So if a book doesn't include disabled people it's obviously wrong, if it does then its not enough because it doesn't represent enough minorities. What exactly is it you want? Oh I know for someone to offer you a PAID opportunity to write your own book. I'm so fed up of her saying cis-het and privileged. Shut up.

Reactions: 7
Knew she was going to pick that book apart…🙄
I notice she tagged the publisher too, no doubt hoping they’ll see it and come to the conclusion that they should offer her a book deal!

Reactions: 3
Oh my god she is unbelievable. Her desperate need to be woke is actually embarrassing. So if a book doesn't include disabled people it's obviously wrong, if it does then its not enough because it doesn't represent enough minorities. What exactly is it you want? Oh I know for someone to offer you a PAID opportunity to write your own book. I'm so fed up of her saying cis-het and privileged. Shut up.
After her comments about it not being intersectional enough, in the next breath she talks about it being tokenistic?! What she was saying they could have done more of would come across as incredibly tokenistic, surely?

This constant dissecting of every group into intersections and determining how privileged someone is, according to her world view, is so damaging, divisive, and helps no one.

Reactions: 5
I love that someone called her out for assuming the redhead in the wheelchair was a man. They all show their true colours eventually and the fact that they too make assumptions about everyone and everything. But the rage she would aim at someone else and the apologies she would expect from someone else aren’t there.

She irritates me. If you want a book about someone with multiple disabilities with a certain gender or multiple genders or no genders, make one. Don’t tit all over a book that’s tried to be inclusive. She’s one of those people who looks at stuff, thinks they can do better so rip it apart and ignore the fact they’ve not done anything themselves. Like fat blokes who rip apart the bodybuilder women who share stuff online or people who can’t act ripping apart movies or beer bellied men in the pub ripping apart football players.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
After her comments about it not being intersectional enough, in the next breath she talks about it being tokenistic?! What she was saying they could have done more of would come across as incredibly tokenistic, surely?

This constant dissecting of every group into intersections and determining how privileged someone is, according to her world view, is so damaging, divisive, and helps no one.
So well said. I'm not trying to come across like a boomer who doesn't understand the need for equality and modern terms, I get that world is changing and we all need to look at it with fresh eyes in terms of identity. But I do have a problem with people like her who try too hard with it, and use it as a constant agenda on their platform to try and be relevant. Its insincere and fake but because she is disabled its ok and she's allowed to call us all out without knowing our circumstances or identity.

So well said. I'm not trying to come across like a boomer who doesn't understand the need for equality and modern terms, I get that world is changing and we all need to look at it with fresh eyes in terms of identity. But I do have a problem with people like her who try too hard with it, and use it as a constant agenda on their platform to try and be relevant. Its insincere and fake but because she is disabled its ok and she's allowed to call us all out without knowing our circumstances or identity.
She's also completely forgotten about hidden disabilities too, that so many people suffer and face discrimination when pregnant and as parents

Here she is slating a kids book because they haven't included enough disabled people. bleeping YAWN. In the unlikely event the publishers of this book were to hear this bile, I think they'd be utterly bemused. Has she got that little inspiration for decent content that she's picking on the people who are actually trying to make a difference? I sincerely hope she does get DMs to challenge this behaviour. I wonder if her "fans" will ever tire of this bullshit?

Attachments

Do you know what I actually agree with what she said about the book, why is the only disability a wheelchair? My cousin whose deaf would have loved to see a picture of someone with a hearing aid, and they could easily include other types of disability such as an amputee. I don’t always agree with lots of what she says but I did think she was spot on with a lot of what she said, whacking a person into a wheelchair isn’t enough to be inclusive of disabilities!

Reactions: 2
Do you know what I actually agree with what she said about the book, why is the only disability a wheelchair? My cousin whose deaf would have loved to see a picture of someone with a hearing aid, and they could easily include other types of disability such as an amputee. I don’t always agree with lots of what she says but I did think she was spot on with a lot of what she said, whacking a person into a wheelchair isn’t enough to be inclusive of disabilities!
But its a start surely? A few years back books were ignorant enough to not include anything. And no that is of course not me saying "disabled people should be grateful!" But its impossible to cater for absolutely every single disability. A hearing aid would be great, but then what about blind people? Where's their representation? What about people with birth defects, downs syndrome, chromes disease..... one disabled person may possibly be left out. There's always a lot more that media can do to be inclusive, but I guarantee she will still find something to complain about even if they were!

But its a start surely? A few years back books were ignorant enough to not include anything. And no that is of course not me saying "disabled people should be grateful!" But its impossible to cater for absolutely every single disability. A hearing aid would be great, but then what about blind people? Where's their representation? What about people with birth defects, downs syndrome, chromes disease..... one disabled person may possibly be left out. There's always a lot more that media can do to be inclusive, but I guarantee she will still find something to complain about even if they were!
Why shouldn’t we say ‘this is good, it could be better!’ - obviously no one book/film/movie will ever be entirely and truly and completely representative but given the effort they put in to include other types of diversity it is a shame they didn’t demonstrate the same range of disabilities.

Reactions: 1
Why shouldn’t we say ‘this is good, it could be better!’ - obviously no one book/film/movie will ever be entirely and truly and completely representative but given the effort they put in to include other types of diversity it is a shame they didn’t demonstrate the same range of disabilities.
There's nothing wrong with saying this book could be better, but let's face it, nothing would please her. That's the point. And according to her they didn't include that many other diversities. Most of her rant wasn't even about mainly disabilities, it was about the lack of types of people, gender etc... despite the fact that the book seemed very culturally and sexually diverse in its choice of couples.

I agree with this! It is NOT ok to give a book she was GIFTED bad publicity when they have been inclusive of some disabilities! You can't be inclusive of ALL disabilities even if you wrote a book the size of the bible. She should pick on the kids books that don't even try, not the ones that are on the right track. Why does she think she's an expert anyway?

There's nothing wrong with saying this book could be better, but let's face it, nothing would please her. That's the point. And according to her they didn't include that many other diversities. Most of her rant wasn't even about mainly disabilities, it was about the lack of types of people, gender etc... despite the fact that the book seemed very culturally and sexually diverse in its choice of couples.
I think this is the thing with Cathy, she goes off on these kinds of rants so frequently, that even when she’s got a point people just roll their eyes & think ‘oh ffs here she goes again’. I agree that it often seems like nothing will please her. Even when companies she’s called out have engaged with her and tried to make things right, nothing they’ve said or done has been good enough for her.

Reactions: 10
I wouldn't mind her (often valid) criticisms of a culture that isn't very inclusive of difference, but her message is delivered with such an absence of any warmth or charm.

She's saying nothing new and delivering it in a simultaneously bland and patronising manner. Tedious.

Hi guys
I opened this account just to post my comment here. I can't believe how aggressive she is.
I'm convinced she made up a lots of stuff just to get the attention :/
Also, she criticise the men so badly- just because they don't fancy her ?
She claims she don't need a man but still she is on every dating app possible.
She said she don't want to date guy with disability - my question is why? She have disability and she don't want to be rejected because of it, why she rejects others then? Isn't that being hypocrite?

She talks about having an active dating and sex life, which is great, whatever, but in a pandemic with two small children? She's full of it.

Reactions: 8
Hi guys
I opened this account just to post my comment here. I can't believe how aggressive she is.
I'm convinced she made up a lots of stuff just to get the attention :/
Also, she criticise the men so badly- just because they don't fancy her ?
She claims she don't need a man but still she is on every dating app possible.
She said she don't want to date guy with disability - my question is why? She have disability and she don't want to be rejected because of it, why she rejects others then? Isn't that being hypocrite?
Wow, when has she said she doesn't want to date a guy with a disability? That's horrendous and goes against everything she preaches.

Interesting that she's decided not to share more disability content (her prerogative, of course) now that she's used it to gain followers and has reached her goal of being an influencer 👀

It'll be interesting to see if she loses lots of followers who originally followed for that content and aren't particularly interested in skincare etc. I totally respect that it's her page/life/choice but it has made me question her integrity again.

Reactions: 3
Wow, when has she said she doesn't want to date a guy with a disability? That's horrendous and goes against everything she preaches.

Interesting that she's decided not to share more disability content (her prerogative, of course) now that she's used it to gain followers and has reached her goal of being an influencer 👀

It'll be interesting to see if she loses lots of followers who originally followed for that content and aren't particularly interested in skincare etc. I totally respect that it's her page/life/choice but it has made me question her integrity again.
On her stories- she was furious because someone said she could date someone with her type of disability too so this person would understand better what she going trough (she was moaning people without disabilities didn't get problems she have to face in daily life). She was so angry and she said "why people think all what I can have is disabled partner? For me is being hypocrite. When you love someone does it matter is disabled or no?
She only wants to date non-disabled, handsome, successful guys and she think she deserves the best guy possible because she is so awesome.
No Katy- you are not. You so aggressive and negative. Can't stand her. She is doing her "advocating," all for financial gain and attention. Some stories are clearly fake.

She talks about having an active dating and sex life, which is great, whatever, but in a pandemic with two small children? She's full of it.
What she is trying to prove? One moment she creates herself as successful, independent woman who don't need a man in her life ( just because they don't give her much attention) the other she is trying to impress (?) How successful sexual life she have.
She is a mother of two young children's, isn't she worried they would be bullied in the future because of her sexual life stories?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.