CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New post about how her older daughter reacted to someone looking/ staring at her... I do understand (as much as my experiences allow) that people will be a combination of curious/ ignorant/ downright rude and much more. I love that her daughter has confidence and a take no tit attitude.
But Cathy mentions that this person is a pre-teen... I’m not saying that’s an excuse for bad or discriminatory behaviour, but you’re talking about a kid here... and if they are behaving or reacting to you in a less than ideal way, maybe reserve your outrage for the parents.
This just made me really sad that her children are being brought up with this attitude.

Reactions: 9
Because nobody gives a tit about your bollocks "content", love.

She's the last person who'd influence me to buy skincare.
Nothing that do with the fact that she's only got 26k followers then?

I'd imagine a lot of brands would actually be happy to pour money into appearing inclusive but aren't willing to spend on 'influencers' with a small reach.

I'm sure Katie Piper, for example, doesn't earn less than anyone else with 1m followers just because she has a disfigurement.

Reactions: 4
Or maybe Cathy just wants us to think the big brands are after her she’s just knocking them back.

Reactions: 2
I'm not even sure what the point of her Instagram is. She doesn't want to be a disability activist but there's nothing I can see about her that would make her an "influencer". I'd be surprised if the people who know her are interested in what she has to say

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not even sure what the point of her Instagram is. She doesn't want to be a disability activist but there's nothing I can see about her that would make her an "influencer". I'd be surprised if the people who know her are interested in what she has to say
This! It's a joke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Now she's complaining that people are asking her questions about skincare when she literally bleeping asked them to do it.

Do you want to be an influencer or not you raving lunatic?

"You could have googled it". Love. You are doing sweet duck all that we couldn't Google but somehow you're still on Instagram.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m generally someone who moans a lot (that’s what she said, I know 😂) but she makes me look like the most optimistic person ever ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg...I swear..I can't. I am so tempted to message her telling her to get a bleeping grip. 1) She bores us relentlessly with these skin care reviews and has the audacity to call people out who are taking an interest in asking questions. Youre literally reviewing these products for fucks sake and your posting about them on social media. What do you expect? People to not ask questions and instead just say "Thank you for sharing." Is she actually for real?!
2) Who the duck actually talks to their followers like that?! How rude. What exactly does she think justifys her to behave this way? She is absolutely unbelievable.

Also the hair product thing. I can't comment on whether its racist or not. Its something I've never noticed before (Cathy: "thats because you're a privileged White person") but her demanding Boots answer to her and do something about it reeks of entitlement.

Reactions: 6
Now she's complaining that people are asking her questions about skincare when she literally bleeping asked them to do it.

Do you want to be an influencer or not you raving lunatic?

"You could have googled it". Love. You are doing sweet duck all that we couldn't Google but somehow you're still on Instagram.
Came on here to say this. She has primarily gifted skincare, positions herself as an influencer with reach to get more free skincare, films a 2 minute story then gets passive aggressive and rude when people, god forbid, ASK QUESTIONS.

Also if she's as moral as she likes to project, it wouldn't matter if The Body Shop have an MLM and a retail arm. The overall business will ultimately profit from the MLM so it's hardly disconnected and is still a questionable enterprise.

Last edited:
Wasn’t she complaining only the other day about her lack paid work on Instagram? Now she’s whinging about people engaging with her content, can’t she see there’s a link between the two? People messaging her to ask questions = engagement. Higher engagement = more/better paid opportunities.

Reactions: 5
Omg...I swear..I can't. I am so tempted to message her telling her to get a bleeping grip. 1) She bores us relentlessly with these skin care reviews and has the audacity to call people out who are taking an interest in asking questions. Youre literally reviewing these products for fucks sake and your posting about them on social media. What do you expect? People to not ask questions and instead just say "Thank you for sharing." Is she actually for real?!
2) Who the duck actually talks to their followers like that?! How rude. What exactly does she think justifys her to behave this way? She is absolutely unbelievable.

Also the hair product thing. I can't comment on whether its racist or not. Its something I've never noticed before (Cathy: "thats because you're a privileged White person") but her demanding Boots answer to her and do something about it reeks of entitlement.
She is SO rude. Does she want people to pay and thank her for talking about skincare without actually engaging with her? How arrogant do you have to be, to be expect to be paid or thanked for something you have chosen to do for free on a free platform? It's batshit. It's like me wandering into a random office, uninvited, doing a day's work nobody wanted and then demanding they thank me?!!

What does she actually know about skincare because her mediocre complexion isn't saying much for her.

The Boots thing... I would be very surprised if any one person had made the decision to only security tag/have display boxes for the black hair products and imagine it's based on price point and other criteria. Not to say that it isn't racist - whether deliberate or not if it's singling out solely the black hair products I'd argue it is, but I'm not really sure what it's got to do with her. She does like to piggyback on outrage doesn't she?

I don't even know why the duck I watch her stories. I only follow her to be baffled by her existence on Instagram.

Reactions: 10
I don't even know why the duck I watch her stories. I only follow her to be baffled by her existence on Instagram.
Just catching up on her stories. Posts about skincare. *don't ask me about skincare* arrrghhh she is such an awful person. I honestly don't know how much longer I can watch this drivel. And how she still has followers that like her after that behaviour... *mind blown*

I honestly don't understand why anyone engages with her. Aggressive, egotistical .....head!!

Her skincare reviews are absolute bollocks too. Says how "lovely" they are or how much she likes them with very little actual info. Condescending twit.

Last edited:
Not only did she lose followers yesterday, she probably also made sure that Boots will never want to work with her on anything skincare related. Just to make it clear, I do think she’s correct that singling out black hair products for security tags is racist & it shouldn’t happen. My point is that she’s indicated several times that she’d like to earn money from Instagram, and Boots are a huge company who could’ve offered her paid opportunities. There’s a reason why the really successful influencers largely steer well clear of topics like politics or racism, & just stick to posting fluff. They don’t want to risk losing their followers or upsetting big brands. You never see the likes of Mrs Hinch posting about anything remotely controversial in any great depth. I’m no fan of hers either, but if I was a big brand choosing an influencer to work with, I’d pick Hinchy & her sickly sweet banal content over Cathy & her rantings any day.

Not only did she lose followers yesterday, she probably also made sure that Boots will never want to work with her on anything skincare related. Just to make it clear, I do think she’s correct that singling out black hair products for security tags is racist & it shouldn’t happen. My point is that she’s indicated several times that she’d like to earn money from Instagram, and Boots are a huge company who could’ve offered her paid opportunities. There’s a reason why the really successful influencers largely steer well clear of topics like politics or racism, & just stick to posting fluff. They don’t want to risk losing their followers or upsetting big brands. You never see the likes of Mrs Hinch posting about anything remotely controversial in any great depth. I’m no fan of hers either, but if I was a big brand choosing an influencer to work with, I’d pick Hinchy & her sickly sweet banal content over Cathy & her rantings any day.
This is exactly it. I don't think she has a clear idea of what she wants her presence to be, beyond being 'paid' for her 'content' and maybe some free gifts.

Is it parenting, disability activism, skincare, political commentary? She seems to give herself a lot of credit for being a writer but honestly she's not saying anything particularly interesting or that isn't already been said more eloquently by someone more likeable.

This is exactly it. I don't think she has a clear idea of what she wants her presence to be, beyond being 'paid' for her 'content' and maybe some free gifts.

Is it parenting, disability activism, skincare, political commentary? She seems to give herself a lot of credit for being a writer but honestly she's not saying anything particularly interesting or that isn't already been said more eloquently by someone more likeable.
I think she needs to figure out what’s more important to her, is it her activism & political commentary? Or is it the ads & brand partnerships? If it is the latter then she’s probably going to have to tone the former right down in order to appeal to the companies she seems to want to make significant money out of working with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.