Casualty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read Nigel Harman is leaving Casualty. Will have not even done a year?
great, i can stop watching it again 🤣

that IS surprising though: unless he only agreed to a very short contract (they’re obviously setting his character up for tragedy), but it’s a shame. he’s been a great edition, even if the whole jodie storyline was needless.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
great, i can stop watching it again 🤣

that IS surprising though: unless he only agreed to a very short contract (they’re obviously setting his character up for tragedy), but it’s a shame. he’s been a great edition, even if the whole jodie storyline was needless.
I don’t think he stays in anything a particularly long time so I’m not too surprised.

I have started watching again since he joined, I just quite like him as an actor. I’ll probably continue after he goes as am enjoying it.

Last edited:
Gutted that Nigel Harman is leaving. I don't like them putting him with Donna (poor Dylan), but I really liked his character. I understand he would have wanted time off for Strictly, but I would have liked him to stay longer.

Reactions: 7
I hope so, I really don't like her character! She should be struck off the nursing register really for the lying about dangerous driving (bringing the profession into disrepute and all that), her and Faith and then they can both leave!!!

Reactions: 1
As Ryan said in the ep "Looks bad, one Senior Nurse high on benzos and another going to prison" ... and then Jan likely facing the cops for helping Gethin die

Holby is more of a hotbed of criminality these days than the Square or the cobbles

Reactions: 5
I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy the second episode today cos I don’t find Casualty as good as it used to be, but it’s been brilliantly done

Reactions: 3
Excellent second episode - emotion fuelled and thought-provoking. Wonderful performances from Di Botcher, Robert Pugh and Milo Clarke all round.

Reactions: 4
My heart was breaking for Jan. I know she can be a cantankerous stubborn old Taff but she was so brave. I thought it was handled with sensitivity and dignity.

Reactions: 8
Wasn’t expecting Donna to actually go to prison! I didn’t think the rules applied in casualty.
The second episode was done so well. I was gutted when the police turned up to arrest her.

Reactions: 4
Just catching up on last night. What an emotional second episode that last scene with the letter had me in bits

Anybody still watching now it is back.

We have Charlie's exit, but more importantly, what is going to happen to the charming and charismatic clinical lead Dr Max?

Surely Charlie will meet his demise with the current storyline of abuse in the workplace, so am banking that there won't be a double death, so Max survives either with dialysis or a transplant. I am looking at you Jodie, we know you love yor dad.

The wonderful Nigel Harman :love:may have only signed up for one series, but please leave the door open for a return sometime. Max is too good a character for them to not be able to resurrect him in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’ve only really been watching again since he joined! I will stick with it but even only with one series it feels like he’ll leave a big gap (sure they’ll fill it though)

Reactions: 1
I’ve only really been watching again since he joined! I will stick with it but even only with one series it feels like he’ll leave a big gap (sure they’ll fill it though)
They will never be able to fill the HUGE gap that Nigel Harman will leave. There have been some wonderful characters in Casualty and Holby, previous Registrar Nick Jordan aka Michael French was another one, very arrogant though but still compelling to watch.

Dr Max in all his wonderfulness and just total command and charisma will be all too difficult to replace. Please let him live and sign him up for another series. 🙏 He is an award winner for Best Drama star for his Casualty role too, that was whilst this series was only part way through. Just shows what an impact he made. 🥰

18 years ago when they killed him off as Dennis in Eastenders (albeit at Nigel's request) was beyond devastating, BBC don't do that to me again this year. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Heart