Casualty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tuned back in for the first time since the restart, and a few thoughts based on tonight's ep...

1. How the hell has Faith been allowed back onto the staff after a) being caught stealing drugs and b) lying about having cancer? First is dismissal worthy alone.
    1. I know they previously gave Jan a pass for similar, but that wasn't right either.
  2. They need to move Cam's character on from 'shy puppy dog with a crush' and give him something else to do. This pining for Jodie thing was basically a rehash of Ethan/Caleb/Alicia when Ryan was around, but now they're still doing it with Teddy is frustrating.
  3. Dylan has long since replaced Charlie as the reliable core of the ED - means there shouldn't be too much of an upheaval when Charlie goes later this year

Reactions: 5
Rash 😭

someone saying on the casualty X feed “why why did t they have motion pads, trackers on him, alarms on the door….” Erm because that wouldn’t make for a good hours tv. “Ah yeah, there he is on his way to the coop” case solved… 🔎 🕵️‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Rash 😭

someone saying on the casualty X feed “why why did t they have motion pads, trackers on him, alarms on the door….” Erm because that wouldn’t make for a good hours tv. “Ah yeah, there he is on his way to the coop” case solved… 🔎 🕵️‍♀️
Also, aside from this being TV and therefore entertainment... what 'normal' people have access to that stuff?

My Grandmother had Vascular Dementia and was what they term 'a wanderer'. My parents took action to move her into a home when my Grandad commented after one 'escape' that it would be better if she got hit by a car. Better for who exactly? Her? The poor driver? Or an elderly man who wasn't coping?

The whole situation was awful. People yapping on about why didn't they do this or that clearly haven't lived it.

Reactions: 2
I haven't watched casualty for many years, but is it the end of Charlie soon? Will it be during this series?

God I hope so. He’s so self-righteous.
My dad and I joke that he has limited facial expressions. He appears in it so little now that it wouldn't make a difference to storylines (except obviously the soon-to-come one where he's being written out). The ones I'd miss would be Dylan and Stevie. If Dylan left I think I'd stop watching.

Reactions: 3
My mum has always said that Charlie never looks at anyone when he’s talking to them and I see her right. I’ve been watching casualty for about 24 years and he doesn’t 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
He's one of the most highly paid actors at the BBC Soap/Continuing Drama, i'm sure I read something like £300k per year a while ago. And he's the most wooden actor imaginable.

It's certainly time he goes, so hopefully the give him a good send off after all the years he's done, but he is a very expensive plank of wood for the BBC to keep on.

Reactions: 4
I absolutely despise that police officer... clearly has a nasty streak in him. Tonight's episode was fantastic and Stevie made me tear up. I didn't particularly like her at the start but I've warmed up to her recently so hopefully she's staying.

Reactions: 7
I hated Stevie when she first came into it but I have loved her lately. So that’s the end of the young doctor who was engaged to teddy her name evades me seems so many are leaving lately is it bbc cuts? I have watched since another 1990 when my gran used to let me stay up and watch it when she babysat us every Saturday wonder how Charlie will
Go I hope he dies so he can’t come back as he has “left” before only to comeback

I hated Stevie when she first came into it but I have loved her lately. So that’s the end of the young doctor who was engaged to teddy her name evades me seems so many are leaving lately is it bbc cuts? I have watched since another 1990 when my gran used to let me stay up and watch it when she babysat us every Saturday wonder how Charlie will
Go I hope he dies so he can’t come back as he has “left” before only to comeback
Seems like it's turnover rather than cuts, as the overall number of main cast members seems to be relatively stable.

Aside from the arrivals of Siobhan and Tariq last Saturday, they're also adding two new characters in March. Coupled with that, Max and Charlie are going soon, and Ryan, Sah and Paige have gone since the start of the year, so relatively even keeled.

I do wonder if Charlie's exit means they can redistribute some of Derek Thompson's 350k a year wedge.

Something about that rings a bell now you say it 🫣

There wasn't really a proper exit story. They had the date for their surgery moved forward and resigned. It was a bit random and very low key conpared to usual Casualty exits.
ll

I sit at the shrine of Max aka Nigel Harman, it is his last episode tomorrow. 😭

It seems rather a bizarre exit however will look forward to the final Max/Dylan interractions. The preview line from Dylan to Max 'heard there was somebody being salty on the renal ward, might have guessed it'd be you' 😁 Have loved their rivalry and ultimate admiration of each other.

Am finding the decimation of the cast where somebody is leaving each week a bit brutal during this series.

Reactions: 2