Cash Carraway #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I picked up her book when it was 99p on Amazon a few days ago. About halfway through my bs radar went haywire. I'm too old or maybe just too jaded to follow any influencers and find the whole phenomenon mostly unpleasant, so I had never heard of Cash before.

I googled her and landed here, and my jaw hit the floor. What a piece of work.

Has anyone told the publisher about her bullying behaviour, lies and the fact that she tried to erase all of the facts of her life as well as her previous influencer persona from the internet? The fact that someone gave her a publishing contract really pissed me off. There are so many amazing, talented people from underrepresented backgrounds that we should support and lift up, and they picked her. Jeez.

Reactions: 7
I picked up her book when it was 99p on Amazon a few days ago. About halfway through my bs radar went haywire. I'm too old or maybe just too jaded to follow any influencers and find the whole phenomenon mostly unpleasant, so I had never heard of Cash before.

I googled her and landed here, and my jaw hit the floor. What a piece of work.

Has anyone told the publisher about her bullying behaviour, lies and the fact that she tried to erase all of the facts of her life as well as her previous influencer persona from the internet? The fact that someone gave her a publishing contract really pissed me off. There are so many amazing, talented people from underrepresented backgrounds that we should support and lift up, and they picked her. Jeez.
It's really hard to erase the Internet, there must be stuff from her middle class influencer days still around? Did she use a different name?

Reactions: 1
Kelly Halpin iirc.
Thanks. Had a bit of a poke around Google but it looks like she's managed to delete that persona pretty well. Doesn't help that someone else with the same name is active online!

Kelly Halpin iirc.
Thanks. Had a bit of a poke around Google but it looks like she's managed to delete that persona pretty well. Doesn't help that someone else with the same name is active online!

I think that’s her real name. I used to follow her in those days and she was a real piece of work, absolutely ripping into anyone who dared ask even the smallest question and accusing them of being classist bullies! She stole a lot of peoples stories. I know someone with the same agent as her and apparently she has a BBC3 Series due out soon - you’d think these publishers and producers would do their research 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I think that’s her real name. I used to follow her in those days and she was a real piece of work, absolutely ripping into anyone who dared ask even the smallest question and accusing them of being classist bullies! She stole a lot of peoples stories. I know someone with the same agent as her and apparently she has a BBC3 Series due out soon - you’d think these publishers and producers would do their research 🤷🏻‍♀️
I remember back in my mumsnet days a poster saying Cash had taken her past history of abuse and used it as a Cash backstory. She was a really nasty piece of work.

Reactions: 2
It's crazy how little her story adds up, even in the book. Reminds me of Jack Monroe!

It's crazy how little her story adds up, even in the book. Reminds me of Jack Monroe!

Reactions: 4
Kathy burke money talks, channel 4, second episode meeting cash in her house! Just watching on more4 now.

Reactions: 2
Nice pad someone has done well from other people's stories 😉
I don’t ever think she was as poor as she made out, I can’t see one book being able to provide a nice house like that in London… and what looks like a new set of nashers on top.

As with everything to do with Cash, something just didn’t sit right with me about her appearance on Kathys show.

Reactions: 6
I don’t ever think she was as poor as she made out, I can’t see one book being able to provide a nice house like that in London… and what looks like a new set of nashers on top.

As with everything to do with Cash, something just didn’t sit right with me about her appearance on Kathys show.
I do not believe for one second she was anywhere near as poor as she makes out, it was all fabricated for a narrative. She basically sat there and said I don't really know how I go here, it was all down to one book. Hmm, yet ok love. You married and had a child with a very rich man, that had to play a part surely.

Reactions: 7
I do not believe for one second she was anywhere near as poor as she makes out, it was all fabricated for a narrative. She basically sat there and said I don't really know how I go here, it was all down to one book. Hmm, yet ok love. You married and had a child with a very rich man, that had to play a part surely.
Her back story is as dodgy as Jack Monroe’s and that’s saying something.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6