Cash Carraway #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to follow Cash a few years ago when she was gunning for MOD and mumsnet. It was around the time of ‘the rug’ who ha.

I started of liking her and then she went on a rampage about tories and how she was being ‘cleansed’ from London. I tried to engage with her about it as I had to move 20 miles from my hometown because of housing shortages and affordability but she would never entertain anyone else’s ideas.

I’m disgusted it seems to all have been a lie, is she still one line at the moment?

Reactions: 1
I used to follow Cash a few years ago when she was gunning for MOD and mumsnet. It was around the time of ‘the rug’ who ha.

I started of liking her and then she went on a rampage about tories and how she was being ‘cleansed’ from London. I tried to engage with her about it as I had to move 20 miles from my hometown because of housing shortages and affordability but she would never entertain anyone else’s ideas.

I’m disgusted it seems to all have been a lie, is she still one line at the moment?
She’s on twitter but just shares good publicity for her book. She can’t engage with anyone she’s too much of a bleep

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've got a theory on the book. Just MHO.

She is a good writer, but her style is not suited to writing a novel. So it is a "memoir", only not necessarily 100% true. Some embellishment is kind of expected/accepted with memoirs so she/her publisher hope any inconsistencies will be ignored on those grounds.

Time will tell if it is accepted- any one remember a million little pieces by James Frey?

What's interesting is that they could have published it under a false name, but the publisher obviously thought her "brand" would help sell it.

Cash is a fraud. She decides she is poor now and always has been. She used to lord her wealthy lifestyle on Comeback Mum.

Reactions: 2
I thought this, a random comment to make after the thread has been quiet for 2 months. I think someone doesn’t like not being spoken about...🙈
it was her birthday too, so obviously didn’t get enough attention for that, and wanted to pull the ‘THEY TROLL ME EVEN ON MY BIRTHDAY’ 😫

She’s back on Insta now. All about the book. A few old photos of her ‘previous life’ and A LOT of tit about how “if you tell your truth they will come for you”. 🙄 No Cash, if you bullshit people and aren’t a good liar people will call you out

I'm reading the book now. She is a good writer. A lot of content was already online like the death of her vagina story and the refuge story.

I found a copy of her book in a charity shop recently so read it. I agree, a lot of its contents had already been posted online (albeit a lot of them have been deleted from the internet now).

I initially really took to Cash. I think I must have come to know of her around the refuge ceiling collapse time. I spent time in a refuge/safe house as a child and grew up experiencing domestic violence, seeing my mum basing our entire food shop around the clearance section of the supermarket etc. I empathised for both her and her daughter.

I donated to her cash for Cash thing - I said I didn’t want to ask a question I just appreciated her speaking out on behalf of women like me. She didn’t acknowledge it but at the time I didn’t expect any response.

She offered me a free ticket to her Refuge Women show, and I was so appreciative.

I remember spending a whole evening finding her writing online and absorbing it. The how I lost my vagina story (which is still online and also features in the book) shocked me, I really felt for her... but then one of her (since deleted) pieces of writing also stated the story of the tampon and house mistress was a ‘story’ and not true. I started to find it all a bit weird - eg the Instagram photo of a caravan on the council estate about someone having thrown out all their belongings (a couple having a fight I think?). It even referenced her daughter - we all assumed it to be a real story and some people commented feeling sad for the person whose caravan was in the photo. She then went on one of her ‘it’s art, it’s not true, am I not allowed to make art?’ rants. Which is a valid point, but when you don’t clarify something is a story, especially when it references your daughter and fits the narrative of your life, how is anyone supposed to know what is truth and what is fact.

claiming a food bank voucher and paying to print not a Tory cards/post them out within the same timeframe also didn’t sit well with me. I actually requested one and never got a reply/never received one. The only people I saw who got them were actually the relatively popular instagrammers.

I have to say, a lot of her book does tie up to the timeline I remember from her Instagram. But a couple of things stood out for me.

- in the book she states she’s 5 weeks pregnant when she takes the pregnancy test. Online, she states 10 weeks (and those articles are still online)
- in the book, she states no one congratulated her on the pregnancy and assumed she would have an abortion. The first person to congratulate her was a teen outside a shop. Online she states her key worker who met her off the train from Grantham was the first to congratulate her
- the book contains the tampon story, but in a since deleted piece online she said that story was fictional

it’s sad and I do think she’s very confused. I hope her and her daughter are living comfortably now.

• Heart
I can't figure out who is the kids father figure she used to reference? She previously said the kid had a good dad. Now in the book that dosent seem so?

I can't figure out who is the kids father figure she used to reference? She previously said the kid had a good dad. Now in the book that dosent seem so?
She probably doesnt know herself, in Instagram she swung between saying he was abusive and they had to flee him and were now in a secret location to him being a great dad who saw the daughter every weekend!