Cash Carraway #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was the tea with this one?
It’s a long story but essentially she portrays herself as a working class heroine fighting against the injustices of the British Tory government with regard to working class single mothers.

It’s said she had used the stories of real women who’ve suffered abuse and taken them as her own history.

Her Insta stories became erratic and chaotic; she fell out with Instamums , name calling and slagging then off good and proper.

There’s more but that’s the gist .

Reactions: 9
I had a bit of an idea, she used to pop up on MN and kick off.

Interesting, thanks for the summary!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember who’s story she had taken as her own ?

Did anyone on these threads share their story with her ?

Does anyone remember who’s story she had taken as her own ?

Did anyone on these threads share their story with her ?
Most of the posts saying CC had stolen their story were on long deleted mumsnet threads. There might be something on the first thread here.

She has changed her insta name and deleted her followers 🤔 there’s also a story circle but I’m not gonna click it, I’ve been on the receiving end of her drama before and don’t want her to know I’m lurking 😬

Reactions: 4
I think I must be blocked, can’t find her. Shame as I did actually like her and enjoyed her writing, currently reading her book

She has changed her insta name and deleted her followers 🤔 there’s also a story circle but I’m not gonna click it, I’ve been on the receiving end of her drama before and don’t want her to know I’m lurking 😬
I’ve just clicked on her story. It’s just a blank screen. Probably trying to see who’s watching? The new name is luxuryambulance

Reactions: 4
She’s pretty easy to find though as she keeps hash tagging herself #cashcarraway 🤔

Lots of photos of her book now, I’m assuming this ig account will be to encourage book sales.

I think I must be blocked, can’t find her. Shame as I did actually like her and enjoyed her writing, currently reading her book
What’s it like so far?

Reactions: 1
Initially the account was in her name and had her profile from her publisher linked, the way the posts were written I assumed that her publisher had set it up and was running it to avoid the car crash that happened before... but maybe she’s taken control now...

She’s been told to have a social media presence since her book release and clearly after the last go at it she’s trying to toe the line....

She is checking these threads by the way

Definitely watching this thread! Probably blocking anyone she suspects is a tattler

There is a blurred narrative for sure with this one. I remember being in awe of her blog posts, and how she could skilfully turn ads into natural, authentic blogs. She as up for coveted awards and everything. Then she came forward and said a lot of what she said wasn't her actual stories, she'd appropriated them, because she was a blogger and not a journalist. From that moment in, I doubted all of what she said. I had no idea how to distinguish what she was saying about her poverty / abuse / daughter's plight was real, fiction or someone else's story. I respect her massively as a writer, she's got an incredible talent, but I hate how she positions herself.

• Wow
Reactions: 5