Carry On Films

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just hope the press don't start digging around looking for dirt on her and her past romances/flings etc.
They have been doing that for years. It is all old news.

I doubt they will repeat it. She deserves some peace and respect.

Yes that would be tawdry but I expect they will.I am now showing my great age but I always thought Diana Dors would have been the perfect Peggy Mitchell,sexy, sultry with an underlying menace, no cockney sparrow in sight.
Diana Dors was described as the British Jayne Mansfield in her day. She was a bit of a party girl in real life too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
They have been doing that for years. It is all old news.

I doubt they will repeat it. She deserves some peace and respect.

Diana Dors was described as the British Jayne Mansfield in her day. She was a bit of a party girl in real life too.
DD's parties were infamous

Just hope the press don't start digging around looking for dirt on her and her past romances/flings etc.
Well the Daily Fail has already mentioned her past loves, the gangsters and her five abortions. 🙄 They have no respect for the dead.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Well the Daily Fail has already mentioned her past loves, the gangsters and her five abortions. 🙄 They have no respect for the dead.
But then its that old argument: would the press dig out the dirt if their readers weren't interested? Catch-22. Which doesn't make it right in my mind.

Carry on Doctor
Kenneth williams with his 'oooh maaatron' and
Hattie jacques with her 'oooh dr soaper'

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The only Carry On, I ever watched was Cleo, I think. Not least for someone saying "Infamy, infamy. They've all got it in for me!" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I watched Carry on Cabbie recently, it was one of the early films and it's really a good one considering.

This was one I'd never seen before and I was quite impressed, however the carry on formula wasn't quite
there yet.

Reactions: 1
But then its that old argument: would the press dig out the dirt if their readers weren't interested? Catch-22. Which doesn't make it right in my mind.
The thing is they’ve been doing this for years, all the papers have. Of course they are appealing to those who do not know her history, the younger generation. I just think they could have shown a bit more bloody respect for her.

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure what to think about this. Carry On films were very much of their time. It's hard to imagine them being made in the era of wokeness and me-too.

I can imagine the titles:-

Carry on Woking
Carry on Being Offended
Carry on Brexit

:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm not sure what to think about this. Carry On films were very much of their time. It's hard to imagine them being made in the era of wokeness and me-too.

This is an awful idea (the films, not referring to Barbara Windsor). The originals are great but they shouldn't be touched now.

They were on about another Carry On back in the 2000s with Danniella Westbrook in it (god help us all) and another host of no marks. I think they were a fabulous epoch in film but you couldn’t remake them now. Personally anything beyond Carry on Dick was pretty dire.

Reactions: 1
A really good antidote to all the P.C. nonsense, is to immerse yourself in a Carry On film. Most of them were extremely well written and funny. We could certainly do with some escapism at the moment.
Am I the only Carry On fan on Tattle?
I LOVE Carry On, On The Buses, Are You Being Served. All before my time but I love them. Recently discovered another old sitcom too, The Lovers.
Honestly, I cannot relate to the stuff targeted at my generation.

I LOVE Carry On, On The Buses, Are You Being Served. All before my time but I love them. Recently discovered another old sitcom too, The Lovers.
Honestly, I cannot relate to the stuff targeted at my generation.
There was also a film of the series, I'm not sure which came first, the film or the sitcom. The film and series have not been repeated on terrestrial television for years, probably due the the "un pc" attitudes depicted in them. However the film was repeated on the channel Talking Pictures, last Christmas. Keep an eye out for it, they might show it again.

There was also a film of the series, I'm not sure which came first, the film or the sitcom. The film and series have not been repeated on terrestrial television for years, probably due the the "un pc" attitudes depicted in them. However the film was repeated on the channel Talking Pictures, last Christmas. Keep an eye out for it, they might show it again.
Yes that’s how I got into it on Talking Pictures and thought Paula Wilcox was ever so stylish and would wear her stuff now! Found all the episodes of The Lovers in youtube and was watching during lockdown. I love that channel, they show Hammer House too I think?

• Heart