Carry On Films

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to work in Wigmore Street in West end,near Portman square,often see KW walking past my building,his flat was just around the corne.

Reactions: 3
Oh they were fabulous, the seaside postcard saucy humour, Barbara Windsor as Nurse May in Carry In Doctor, Sid James as a layabout malingering patient and Dandy Nichols as his wife.

Carry On Camping..”ooh Matron, take them away”. Proud to own a Hattie Jaques “ “Chayste Place” tee shirt.

Mrs Fussy “I don’t want to hear of any unnecessariness when my Joan gets back”
Sid Boggle “what makes you think that’s unnecessary?”

Carry on Screaming .Fenella Fielding and her line “do you mind if I smoke” followed by smoke emanating from all around her,
I still laugh at Carry on films even though I have seen the them load s of times
I love Joan Sims as the furious wife in CO Screaming 😁

Reactions: 4
I still laugh at Carry on films even though I have seen the them load s of times
I love Joan Sims as the furious wife in CO Screaming 😁

It was the clang whenever they knocked the chamberpot under the bed. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Love the carry on films, way before my time (I’m 25) but my mum watched them a lot when I was little so they are nostalgic to me and a comfort programme. It’s also funny watching them now and actually understanding all the more rude jokes as a child I obviously didn’t get it all haha. My nans cousin was an extra in a few of them. Think one of her speaking parts was in carry on camping, she played the heavily pregnant girl, the farmers daughter I think?

like a previous poster said I also love On the buses, and George and Mildred! And of course only fools and horses, I describe them as my cosy programmes, just make u feel at ease and easily watchable! X

R.I.P. Barbara Windsor. Thanks for the many happy memories.
Carry On Spying
Carry On Doctor
Carry On Camping
Carry On Again Doctor
Carry On Henry
Carry Matron
Carry On Abroad
Carry On Girls
Carry On Dick
Various episodes of Carry On Laughing.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I love the Carry on films, have seen most of them and on the buses because my dad watched them when I was young.

Carry on Screaming is my favourite

So sad to hear of Dame Barbara Windsor’s death. 😢 I grew up watching the Carry On films. There was nothing offensive about them, just a good saucy laugh. I am glad they are still being shown on telly, you can’t bow down too much to the politically correct brigade, the permanently offended.

She was so loved by many people and she always took the time be polite to ordinary people, i.e., people who were not famous.

Many of these jumped-up reality stars could take a leaf out of her book, the likes of Gemma Collins who would not know how to be gracious and polite to people.

Dame Barbara, may you rest in peace from this cruel disease. Her infectious giggle lives on. 😄💜

Banned from nearly every pub in the town he lived in.
Blimey what an old devil. Who would have thought it.

Reactions: 8
Something was not right mentally. Kenneth Williams said that Hawtrey had gathered a house full of old brass bedsteads which he was convinced would make him a great deal of money. He drank very heavily after his mother died, and co-star would hear him having conversations in his dressing room with his mother, long after she died.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Love the Carry on films,. especially Carry on screaming die to the chamber pot clanging and Carry on Dick (the most famous dick in England) with Captain Fancy and Sergeant Strap 😀

• Haha
So sad to hear of Dame Barbara Windsor’s death. 😢 I grew up watching the Carry On films. There was nothing offensive about them, just a good saucy laugh. I am glad they are still being shown on telly, you can’t bow down too much to the politically correct brigade, the permanently offended.

She was so loved by many people and she always took the time be polite to ordinary people, i.e., people who were not famous.

Many of these jumped-up reality stars could take a leaf out of her book, the likes of Gemma Collins who would not know how to be gracious and polite to people.

Dame Barbara, may you rest in peace from this cruel disease. Her infectious giggle lives on. 😄💜

Just hope the press don't start digging around looking for dirt on her and her past romances/flings etc.

I'm 39 and grew up on carry on films.love most of them although a few of the later ones are questionable from memory

Don't lose your head
Up the kyber (that dining room scene!)
Teacher
Henry
Dick
Cleo

I think are my favourites

Sad about Barbra but also in many ways a relief for her. Dementia is an evil disease and having seen my grandad go through it a release is a blessing.

Just hope the press don't start digging around looking for dirt on her and her past romances/flings etc.
Yes that would be tawdry but I expect they will.I am now showing my great age but I always thought Diana Dors would have been the perfect Peggy Mitchell,sexy, sultry with an underlying menace, no cockney sparrow in sight.