Carry On Films

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A really good antidote to all the P.C. nonsense, is to immerse yourself in a Carry On film. Most of them were extremely well written and funny. We could certainly do with some escapism at the moment.
Am I the only Carry On fan on Tattle?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Am probably too young (27) to appreciate CO, although I know my dad loves watching them from his DVD Collection I bought for him years ago.

The odd film I have seen I haven't really found all that funny. Corny more than anything. But there was one film that still sticks in my mind and that's Cleo? Someone said "Infamy, Infamy. They've got it infamy" Now that was a highlight.

Reactions: 2
Am probably too young (27) to appreciate CO, although I know my dad loves watching them from his DVD Collection I bought for him years ago.

The odd film I have seen I haven't really found all that funny. Corny more than anything. But there was one film that still sticks in my mind and that's Cleo? Someone said "Infamy, Infamy. They've got it infamy" Now that was a highlight.
Cleo is one of the best films. It was Kenneth Williams that said the Infamy line - absolutely classic.

Reactions: 5
I grew up with Carry on Films, up the khyber and screaming are my personal favourites.

Carry on Columbus was the last and the worse one IMO, they just didn't have a good enough cast.

Columbus did have a few of the original cast in it. June Whitfield, Bernard Cribbins Jim Dale and Leslie Phillips. But like you say, it was pretty dire, most of the cast were alternative comedians who had no understanding of the Carry On humour.

Columbus did have a few of the original cast in it. June Whitfield, Bernard Cribbins Jim Dale and Leslie Phillips. But like you say, it was pretty dire, most of the cast were alternative comedians who had no understanding of the Carry On humour.
That was the problem, the alternative comedians ruined it.

That was the problem, the alternative comedians ruined it.
The Carry Ons were definitely a product of their time, and were all the better for it. I hope they are never tempted to make a new one though, can you imagine how awful it would be?

Reactions: 6
The Carry Ons were definitely a product of their time, and were all the better for it. I hope they are never tempted to make a new one though, can you imagine how awful it would be?
Back in 92 when Columbus was made I wasn't exactly expecting much, even with a few originals still breathing, in my view it shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Reactions: 5
A really good antidote to all the P.C. nonsense, is to immerse yourself in a Carry On film. Most of them were extremely well written and funny. We could certainly do with some escapism at the moment.
Am I the only Carry On fan on Tattle?
Me too! There’s usually one on on a Sunday..just takes me back to my childhood and much needed laughs.

Reactions: 6
Love Carry on films and as another poster mentioned, On the Buses. I could watch these films everyday and never get bored. I'm 31 and have been watching them for years.

They are on ITV3 alot on a bank holidays but I have most of them on DVD anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The carry on films are shown on quite a few channels, even Film4 run them too.

Reactions: 3
Yes,love them I too was bought up on them,carry on camping was hilarious especially the women’s laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Carry on Doctor was on yesterday afternoon. Not one of my favourites but I still like it!

Reactions: 1
Carry on Don't lose your head and Carry on Screaming were my faves. I think the Carry on films are on Britbox

Kenneth Williams doing jackanory is brilliant - There is a jackanory night that BBC4 did here: - he is the first one

Reactions: 4
I am a fan of the Carry On films too. I grew up with them and they are saucy and a good laugh. 🤣 Nothing offensive about them at all.

Reactions: 7
The Producer of the Carry On's (Peter Rogers) was invited to talk about Carry On Columbus. He said the first edit that the Director did had everyone falling around laughing, except.....the guy who had put the money up. He insisted that it be re-edited and parts re-shot, and that's what got released.

I do actually enjoy Carry on Columbus. You just have to switch your brain off......

Love a good old Carry On, got the DVD box set off Santa a few years ago. I don't know why but carry on at your convenience is my favourite, WC Boggs and all that. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh they were fabulous, the seaside postcard saucy humour, Barbara Windsor as Nurse May in Carry In Doctor, Sid James as a layabout malingering patient and Dandy Nichols as his wife.

Carry On Camping..”ooh Matron, take them away”. Proud to own a Hattie Jaques “ “Chayste Place” tee shirt.

Mrs Fussy “I don’t want to hear of any unnecessariness when my Joan gets back”
Sid Boggle “what makes you think that’s unnecessary?”

Carry on Screaming .Fenella Fielding and her line “do you mind if I smoke” followed by smoke emanating from all around her,

• Haha
Reactions: 8