Carry On Films

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I LOVE Carry On, On The Buses, Are You Being Served. All before my time but I love them. Recently discovered another old sitcom too, The Lovers.
Honestly, I cannot relate to the stuff targeted at my generation.
I love On the Buses. My favourite is Holiday on the buses.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Before my time, but I've seen clips of Rising Damp and Porridge. Both very good, but probably wouldn't see the light of day today

Reactions: 2
I personally feel the early and mid carry ons were cheeky and funny (not always relying on sex humour) and id say had just as strong female roles as male, especially for their time. Hattie Jaques and Sylvia Sims were not quiet and submissive women. But the latter ones did head towards smut and were also less funny to me.

Reactions: 3
I LOVE Carry On, On The Buses, Are You Being Served. All before my time but I love them. Recently discovered another old sitcom too, The Lovers.
Honestly, I cannot relate to the stuff targeted at my generation.
I was born in the 70s and much prefer stuff from that time. Love Man About The House, George and Mildred and Bless This House 😀

aww I love the Carry On films! Im 34 now, but i remember watching them with my dad from an early age, and ive still got some videos of them. Carry on Abroad, Carry on Dont lose your head, and Carry on at your convenience are my favourites.

Reactions: 7
R.I.P. Rosalind Knight 1933-2020.
She appeared as Nurse Nightingale in Carry On Nurse, and Miss Wheeler in Carry On Teacher.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
R.I.P. Rosalind Knight 1933-2020.
She appeared as Nurse Nightingale in Carry On Nurse, and Miss Wheeler in Carry On Teacher.
She was brilliant in everything she did, a real comedy actress. Among other things she was great as Mrs Creswell in Only Foold and Horses. Also fab in Gimme Gimme Gimme,

Reactions: 5
That's good to know; but does it come with of those warnings about "this sitcom contains outdated attitudes and stereotypes from a bygone age"?
Its one of the oldies that is seen as the least offensive and ahead if its time because philip is shown as well spoken, well educated and intelligent man and rigsby as the narrow minded ignoramus.

Its one of the oldies that is seen as the least offensive and ahead if its time because philip is shown as well spoken, well educated and intelligent man and rigsby as the narrow minded ignoramus.
And more often Philip wins!

I've got Carry on Regardless recorded on my sky box ready to show, it's from 1961, one for the weekend.

Xmas day ITV3, carry on films all day and some "on the buses" too.

I have enjoyed Carry on at your Convenience, carry on behind and Carry on Dick today.

A number of years ago, HMV were selling individual copies of the Carry On films for £3.99 each. I wish I had purchased more than I did, they were worth every penny.
We don't watch live television since the TV licence was cancelled, so I dug out my collection of Carry On films, and we've been watching one a day since Christmas Eve. :)

• Heart
Seems to be a lot of nostalgia on Tattle at the moment, so I thought I would give this thread a bump!