Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These are just two examples, but literally every post and tweet I’ve seen about Frozen is that it’s incredible, spectacular even better than the Broadway version etc and that’s after literally one performance - very different public reaction level to the alright reception I’ve seen of Cinderella (mostly an attendance post and then a few opinions in the comments)

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Honestly, I follow so many theatre fans on Twitter who should be Cindermehla's perfect audience — tonnes of them were at Frozen tonight, and I don't know anyone who's seen Cindermehla, or is planning to. Heathers seems way more up their alley, and Cindermehla was just never going to have the spectacle of a Disney mega-musical not micromanaged by Cameron Mackintosh.

I expect Carrie's less than impressed.

Reactions: 5
AAAAND the bows are back 🤦🏼‍♀️
My guess is she's seen how Six has successfully made a really big thing about getting their bows on social media every night and thinks shes has to do the same.

But fails to realise that for it to work and be interesting night after night, you firstly need a really good song for the bows, which Six has been clever about. And secondly they have also been clever in that they actually have about nine in the cast including understudies and (I think) all of them can actually play any of the six parts (and do from time to time to cover both holiday and sickness). So you do get variation from night to night in who is in the Six bows, it's not all about the same person night after night.

Also this ⬇ Hi Carrie! 👋 Though is this seriously the best she could do?
Finally some acknowledgement of his big night though! Probably because she read us here wondering why nothing and thought "oh tit better post something!"

Reactions: 7
From what I understand, Cameron Mac is currently facing rightful backlash for calling casting Trans actors as gimmick casting. In response, a trans actor in Carosel has shared this photo of them in the current production which Carrie has now re-shared in her stories. She has also made a definitive comment on her Twitter which I’ve also included and has retweeted a lot of own voices tweets.

Edit: I’ve added screenshots of the two articles covering the Cam Mac story (I can’t see that they’ve been covered by The Stage or Whatsonstage yet) and a screenshot of the post that Carrie has shared
You know what, good for her. She used her privilege to stick up for a marginalised group here and didn't make it about herself in doing so. And if this does hinder future opportunities with Cam Mac she's done so knowing standing up for what's right is more important than a West End role.

Reactions: 5
AAAAND the bows are back 🤦🏼‍♀️
Also this ⬇ Hi Carrie! 👋 Though is this seriously the best she could do?
Maybe I'm easily pleased but when my husband does anything that remotely makes me smile I beam with pride. Is it jealousy, is their relationship fake/loveless/just for the fame? I don't understand why you would have numerous monotonous videos of you bowing every night yet your bf barely gets a look in 🤔

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand why she’s unhappy with trans being made to feel like a gimmick but that SURPRISE HE IS GAY isnt a gimmick in Cinderella

Reactions: 29
Oh my god Carrie please get some self awareness about your positioning as an influencer, your following and the ways you've been cast. And you'd understand why we think you retweeting this is funny.

I don’t understand why she’s unhappy with trans being made to feel like a gimmick but that SURPRISE HE IS GAY isnt a gimmick in Cinderella
As I said when the first look at that came out: it's 2021, it's actually offensive to me as a queer person that we're still using this as a storyline

Reactions: 14
Carrie In Complete Denial Fletcher- that’s all I’ve got for a new thread title lol

edit- I’m currently braving reading Carrie’s book On The Other Side because I had a free book on my app and this is an actual line she put into the book! Inserting herself and her fans in the most cheesiest way!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
“We’re finally open”… even though the majority of her audience who care were literally watching it happen on Twitter weeks ago…

Reactions: 1
She's going to have to do some more giveaways to get another full house. Or get some good deals up on Todaytix. Which is bloody embarassing for just two weeks after opening (edit: especially with all the invaluable free press that ALW and the show has had in the papers over the last couple of months thanks to his tantrums).

Did they ever get their ticket lottery up and running? Doesn't seem much need given how wide the choice of seats through normal means is.

The weekday shows are even worse, they are absolute seas of available seats, you can have an entire row to yourself if you want.

Next Friday evening
1630146189323.png

Next Saturday evening
1630146241059.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Also listening to the bits of her vocal call made me realise, if ALW put her in contact with a vocal coach etc (and if either of them admitted that her voice needed strengthening after Heathers) why on Earth would they release a soundtrack where her voice hasn’t gone through that yet? Why not wait and record it when she’s had the development and hopefully gotten stronger etc. I mean I know their soundtrack is weird already because half of it is not the actual cast but then they also didn’t really get the hype around it they wanted/needed so they may do another one with the actual cast but from a “leading lady” point of view it still seems weird to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
oh so she has gone with Vlogerella, despite being told it was too like Zoella and also I think someone said another performer used that exact name before?

right-o

I don't really know who Scott Paige that keeps popping up is or what the history is there but why doesn't she just marry him since she seems to love him so much to keep going on and on about him!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She's going to have to do some more giveaways to get another full house. Or get some good deals up on Todaytix. Which is bloody embarassing for just two weeks after opening (edit: especially with all the invaluable free press that ALW and the show has had in the papers over the last couple of months thanks to his tantrums).

Did they ever get their ticket lottery up and running? Doesn't seem much need given how wide the choice of seats through normal means is.

The weekday shows are even worse, they are absolute seas of available seats, you can have an entire row to yourself if you want.

Next Friday evening
View attachment 733674

Next Saturday evening
View attachment 733678

have the seat prices been decreased??

have the seat prices been decreased??
I don't think so. Those prices are still very high...if they haven't already, they'll have to start dynamic pricing where the prices get lower the closer to the show. That's the only way they'll get me there and I work literally down the road from the theatre lol

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.