Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Carrie just ruin her chances of ever being Madame T in Les Mis that she’s always talking about?! What she said was noble and I totally agree with her. Just surprised she’d do it when Les Mis has always been her fallback show!
What did she say?

Reactions: 1
What did she say?
From what I understand, Cameron Mac is currently facing rightful backlash for calling casting Trans actors as gimmick casting. In response, a trans actor in Carosel has shared this photo of them in the current production which Carrie has now re-shared in her stories. She has also made a definitive comment on her Twitter which I’ve also included and has retweeted a lot of own voices tweets.

Edit: I’ve added screenshots of the two articles covering the Cam Mac story (I can’t see that they’ve been covered by The Stage or Whatsonstage yet) and a screenshot of the post that Carrie has shared

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
From what I understand, Cameron Mac is currently facing rightful backlash for calling casting Trans actors as gimmick casting. In response, a trans actor in Carosel has shared this photo of them in the current production which Carrie has now re-shared in her stories. She has also made a definitive comment on her Twitter which I’ve also included and has retweeted a lot of own voices tweets.

Edit: I’ve added screenshots of the two articles covering the Cam Mac story (I can’t see that they’ve been covered by The Stage or Whatsonstage yet) and a screenshot of the post that Carrie has shared
Good on her for speaking up about it - and for actually centring on the issue without relating it to herself.
I'd have expected her to not want to bite the hand that feeds her (esp. given that it feeds her on the regular) so fair play. And I know it's a low bar but I'll give her some credit for being decent 😂

Reactions: 26
Oh my goodness I've just seen that they've put some photos of the "celebs" that they managed to persuade to go to the "world premiere" the other night. Candice Brown and similar, seriously? Absolute dizzying heights of stardom there, no barrels being scraped, honest!

Looking at the photos of Gemma Collins and some of the others, I take it there was an instruction to turn up in your best Ugly Sisters outfit or something?

Pics here if you have facebook, there is a video on the page as well. In which bizarrely they seem to be asking the attendees for their thoughts *before* they go in ... normally you want to get them gushing about it on the way *out*, after they've seen it ...

link that the forum hasn't butchered

edit: I see in the comments on that photo post, Miguel doesn't appear to be a fan 😱 ... bit rude

1630074416774.png

• Wow
Reactions: 2
What she’s said is totally right and she’s actually expressed herself in the right way for once. Wow. Good for her.

Reactions: 25

wow! i actually agree with carrie on something and am actually proud that she’s raised her voice against cammac

Reactions: 17
Oh my goodness I've just seen that they've put some photos of the "celebs" that they managed to persuade to go to the "world premiere" the other night. Candice Brown and similar, seriously? Absolute dizzying heights of stardom there, no barrels being scraped, honest!

Looking at the photos of Gemma Collins and some of the others, I take it there was an instruction to turn up in your best Ugly Sisters outfit or something?

Pics here if you have facebook, there is a video on the page as well. In which bizarrely they seem to be asking the attendees for their thoughts *before* they go in ... normally you want to get them gushing about it on the way *out*, after they've seen it ...

edit: I see in the comments on that photo post, Miguel doesn't appear to be a fan 😱 ... bit rude

View attachment 732616
Would a name in the caption have killed them? I have no idea who most of them are 😂 Then again, maybe that's why!

Reactions: 4

View attachment 732616

Tbh I think they have a valid point put yeah probably not the nicest or appropriate time and place to comment

Reactions: 1
Carrie risking a potential future role in order to speak out against transphobia was admirable.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I completely agree with Carrie in those tweets. It doesn’t change the storyline, it doesn’t change the character, they are still performing what’s written. It’s called acting for a reason! It’s not a gimmick unless they turn it into a gimmick.
Good on you Carrie x

Sorry for the double post but has anyone seen the poll Carrie’s currently doing on Instagram to rename her Cinderella vlogs?
One of the options is Vloggerella. That is what Georgie Ashford named her vlogmas videos when she did the Cinderella panto at Wakefield a couple years ago. I actually DMd Carrie to let her know. I don’t think it would be fair to Georgie for Carrie to use Vloggerella for her Cinderella vlogs, especially as they are both west end actors.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
While I fully applaud Carrie for speaking up about this, she now needs to back up her words with actions by stopping accepting freebies from Warner Bros for Harry Potter merch as JKR is just as bad as CM.

Reactions: 22
God what a pathetic z list, not even z, turn out, shows how little interest there is in it. Neither Carrie or ALW are names people are bothered about.

Reactions: 10
So she hasn’t produced any Cinderella material on YouTube for 6 weeks and now she suddenly needs to rename the vlog because she can’t always upload it on a Sunday? She must be about to put something on YouTube which is very interesting timing considering Frozen is having its opening night as we speak. The opening night of the show her partner is starring in and which she hasn’t even given a mention by the way.

Reactions: 6
So she hasn’t produced any Cinderella material on YouTube for 6 weeks and now she suddenly needs to rename the vlog because she can’t always upload it on a Sunday? She must be about to put something on YouTube which is very interesting timing considering Frozen is having its opening night as we speak. The opening night of the show her partner is starring in and which she hasn’t even given a mention by the way.
Excuse you, she posted in her IG a story from wos that featured Oliver, she even had to swipe to find his picture and put it on her IG. She is the most supportive partner in the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The Frozen opening night looks *much* bigger and better than the Cindermehla one. And it is not even a world premiere.

Granny Mope's mum has offered Oliver best wishes on twatter, but nothing from Granny herself?

Reactions: 10
Carrie risking a potential future role in order to speak out against transphobia was admirable.
I've actually found a little bit of admiration for her. She spoke well on the subject and managed to not make it all about herself.. for once.

Reactions: 7
I'm glad she spoke out but, as a non-binary person, I'll be disappointed now if she ends up going back to Les Mis. I don't like feeling so cynical but I fear something like that will happen. 🙃

If she steers well clear of Mackintosh, I'll give her all the kudos imaginable.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just incase any fellow theatre fans are interested there was a cover run for another of the Cinderella understudies and she included photos of both the goth outfit and the ball gown
yeah, she pulls this off much better than Carrie. Carrie looks like she’s in panto in these. This doesn’t.

Reactions: 3
So, I made the mistake of watching the show.....I still can't work out what she's supposed to be singing when she sings, what sounds like f#@!%@%g bad Cinderella?! Her diction is shocking!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.