Carrie Hope Fletcher #84 Took longer to choose her carpet than she did her husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to briefly talk about myself on this thread, but I just wanted to say thank you to this community for making me feel a lot better about the "deadline" of turning thirty! I still have a few years before I'm there, but I'm already having various breakdowns about it and where I am in life compared to where I think I should be, so it's genuinely so nice to have somewhere to come where the idea of being past it and practically dead by thirty is ridiculed, hahaha. So thank you all! And thank you Carrie for showing me how badly putting this kind of pressure on yourself can go. As you all were, and best wishes <3

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sorry to briefly talk about myself on this thread, but I just wanted to say thank you to this community for making me feel a lot better about the "deadline" of turning thirty! I still have a few years before I'm there, but I'm already having various breakdowns about it and where I am in life compared to where I think I should be, so it's genuinely so nice to have somewhere to come where the idea of being past it and practically dead by thirty is ridiculed, hahaha. So thank you all! And thank you Carrie for showing me how badly putting this kind of pressure on yourself can go. As you all were, and best wishes <3
I can confirm, due to being 9 days older than carrie and having not met out of her deadlines that I can now be written off as a 90 year old spinster who no longer has any purpose in life at the age of 31.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Honestly same - I turned 30 this year and was hyping it up the last couple of years, but honestly, seeing Carrie rush so much has made me massively recontextualise and feel quite a bit better about where I am.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That subscriber story of her complaining about her supposedly incredibly busy and exhausting day is wild.

So she starts by getting up at 6 - a very normal time for an adult with a job to start their day. Then drove all the way to the theatre. I checked, and from her suburb of London this is a drive of around 1 hour and 15 minutes. That is the time it takes me to commute one way to work every day, on a decent traffic day.

Then they pop out to Tesco for lunch. Very standard to grab some lunch on a work day. There are multiple Tesco stores within 2-5 minutes drive of the theatre. They swing by their digs at lunch time, which are likely not far from the theatre.

Then it’s back to the theatre for the afternoon, and they stop by Tesco on the way home for a food shop. Keep in mind they don’t have to do they 1+ hour commute at the end of the day, like many workers would have to, as they are staying near the theatre.

She has just described a very ordinary day of work as though she pulled a 12 hour shift at the ER then ran a marathon. I just cannot deal with how out of touch she is. Being pregnant isn’t an excuse- I have worked with multiple women who did longer hours, and more physical jobs, further along in their pregnancy.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
I’m two years old than her, I’m not married or with child. 😂😂😂
Honestly I had my own plans for my life which involved me being happy with who I was as a person which took many years of work, focusing on my career and getting a job that would allow me to sleep at night without having to worry about paying bills, having a few trusted friends that would always be there for me and doing the same for them.
A relationship is something that I wanted as an addition to an already fulfilling life, not as a quick solution to put a patch on a failed career, a breakup and a lack of self esteem.

I know I keep repeating this but Carrie made the worst choices for herself and ruined for life for good. She should have focused on her friends, on improving her skills and getting back on track with her west end career for a couple of years (at least) to get her life back to a good place. And only after looked for a relationship that could give her the family she wanted.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong about dreaming to have a family and kids (many people do) but you shouldn’t rush into this as it’s a choice you make for life. Kids are already hard on your mental health, career, relationships (partner, friends and family). They shouldn’t be used as the magic solution to a life that’s falling apart, just to tick the boxes that society set for you as a woman turning a certain age.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Since Carrie is now a person who has made pregnancy her personality, I’d have thought she would have read that Hot Dogs are one of those frowned against foods during gorgeous-mummy-to-be time as there’s no guarantee they’re fully cooked (and are sat on the side for who knows how long) and are a listeria risk.

And bragging about “not eating yet”or being too busy to eat is really harmful to both her baby and her followers too. Maybe I’m just extra sensitive about that due to my own history of ED but if her fans are mostly teens there’s a chance they would think this is healthy behaviour.

Reactions: 30
I’m two years old than her, I’m not married or with child. 😂😂😂
Honestly I had my own plans for my life which involved me being happy with who I was as a person which took many years of work, focusing on my career and getting a job that would allow me to sleep at night without having to worry about paying bills, having a few trusted friends that would always be there for me and doing the same for them.
A relationship is something that I wanted as an addition to an already fulfilling life, not as a quick solution to put a patch on a failed career, a breakup and a lack of self esteem.

I know I keep repeating this but Carrie made the worst choices for herself and ruined for life for good. She should have focused on her friends, on improving her skills and getting back on track with her west end career for a couple of years (at least) to get her life back to a good place. And only after looked for a relationship that could give her the family she wanted.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong about dreaming to have a family and kids (many people do) but you shouldn’t rush into this as it’s a choice you make for life. Kids are already hard on your mental health, career, relationships (partner, friends and family). They shouldn’t be used as the magic solution to a life that’s falling apart, just to tick the boxes that society set for you as a woman turning a certain age.
Yeah. The way I see things (and I'm sure as a result of life experiences) a relationship is literally the last thing to add to your life. Maybe. Only if you happen to find someone good enough. Your partner can decide to leave at any time. If you're not 100% solid on your own mentally, spiritually, financially, then that could be devastating.

Reactions: 14
She went to Tesco for lunch but then back to Tesco later for shopping? Why not do it all in one go?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Curious about the fact that she’ll go for decaf teabags because she’s pregnant but has a sugary fizzy drink, popcorn and a hot dog. She’s doing the bare minimum for the baby isn’t she, she’s cutting down on or cutting out what’s advised but then eats tit the rest of the time. Surely you’d want to re-evaluate your food choices if GD was even flagged as a risk, as it clearly was because she had the test?

(Again a me-rail, my diet and level of activity is infinitely better than Carrie’s and my weight was erring on the mid to underweight end of the normal range but now tested positive for gestational diabetes, so again maybe being grumpier about this and being the food police more than I would be normally)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Curious about the fact that she’ll go for decaf teabags because she’s pregnant but has a sugary fizzy drink, popcorn and a hot dog.
It looks like it wasn't even her choice to go for the decaff as she said Pantoland looking out for the pregnant lady! So she definitely wouldn't have bought them herself as a conscious choice
I have never been or intend to be pregnant but I'd imagine sugar and fatty snacks just make you more lethargic than you already are. (I know some pregnant women are nauseous/can only tolerate certain foods which may be on the unhealthy side but so far Carrie hasn't said this has been an issue for her so that's no excuse...)

Reactions: 2
I guess she got the all clear on Gestational Diabetes because those cinema snacks would cause the monitor to explode 😳. Her diet makes me feel nauseous.

Reactions: 14
I bet she’s relishing having an “excuse” to be lazy and eat loads. Like she wasn’t already like this before she was pregnant.

Remember when she used to regularly run? An activity that is massively beneficial to your physical AND mental health? That died a death when Joel slithered in. She did that one half/full marathon (can’t remember) that she presumably signed up for before she settled for Joel, and barely trained, and nothing since then.

Yes Carrie, a wonderful and healthy relationship would see you totally abandon healthy habits, to instead laze about and eat massive gifted meals for a hobby. Joel is truly bringing out the best in you Carrie! ❤ Treating yourself like a rubbish bin is the sign of true contentment and a healthy relationship ❤

Reactions: 9
Ive got 10 years on Carrie, I'm single, childless and over the moon 🤣. Life doesn't begin and end with marrying the first shrek who asks because of a perceived deadline 🙄.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
You don't go for a job (theatre or none theatre) and say I'll learn that skill if you give me the job.
You can, sometimes it does work. Sometimes when hiring the fit for our team is much more important that a skill that can be taught. Might not say 'give me the job and I'll learn' in those words, but can allude to being a quick learner.

Reactions: 5
That subscriber story of her complaining about her supposedly incredibly busy and exhausting day is wild.

So she starts by getting up at 6 - a very normal time for an adult with a job to start their day. Then drove all the way to the theatre. I checked, and from her suburb of London this is a drive of around 1 hour and 15 minutes. That is the time it takes me to commute one way to work every day, on a decent traffic day.

Then they pop out to Tesco for lunch. Very standard to grab some lunch on a work day. There are multiple Tesco stores within 2-5 minutes drive of the theatre. They swing by their digs at lunch time, which are likely not far from the theatre.

Then it’s back to the theatre for the afternoon, and they stop by Tesco on the way home for a food shop. Keep in mind they don’t have to do they 1+ hour commute at the end of the day, like many workers would have to, as they are staying near the theatre.

She has just described a very ordinary day of work as though she pulled a 12 hour shift at the ER then ran a marathon. I just cannot deal with how out of touch she is. Being pregnant isn’t an excuse- I have worked with multiple women who did longer hours, and more physical jobs, further along in their pregnancy.
This is what I was thinking

My partner is out of the house for around 12hrs a day, as are a lot of other people

We all need a sit down but honestly how is she going to cope with a demanding panto run

And I bet Scott didn't sign up to be her personal servant

Reactions: 13
Right, PSA in case anyone watched her vlog, and it sparked any kind of concern.

It is mostly absolute bollocks that your usual skincare becomes toxic and poisonous to you when you are baking a crotch fruit. The only exceptions are tretinoins and retinoids. BHA and AHA's are absolutely fine (like her beloved Glow Tonic contains), especially if you have always used them before. Chemical peels would be ill advised, but that's not exactly something you are doing at home. Do. Not. Listen. To. Her.

It's also worth remembering this advice is generally given because skincare and its ingredients are not tested on pregnant women. Not a lot is known about potential effects, so it is given as err on the side of caution. Do not let this utter moron scare you, or worse, misinform you.

Really, really pissed me off that she presented that absolute piss as fact.

Reactions: 27
It is mostly absolute bollocks that your usual skincare becomes toxic and poisonous to you when you are baking a crotch fruit.
“Baking a crotch fruit”??? How dare you! Carrie is GROWING A HUMAN!!! and it is the most important job in the world!!!

(I’d be worried if she were growing something other than a human, especially as she feels the suspicious need to keep specifying, but this is not The X-Files)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don't believe for a second that she hadn't eaten all day. Its just an excuse to justify eating that crap so people dont call her up on it.

Reactions: 12
I’ve been going back over old threads, as I wasn’t around when Carrie and Joel first got together. And wow, some of you know her really well!
IMG_8409.png

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.