Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm glad someone else said it too!

Used to wind me up when she would say she would save her money to which is how she afforded her trips to Disney. I've been working full time for over 10 years and still can't afford it. She even stays in a Disney hotel too. I don't think she understands just how expensive it is to the average Joe!

Reactions: 7
Carrie just continues to let me down. When she preaches kindness, she only means for herself. She bends over backwards to prove on social media how kind and altruistic she is, but if she were genuinely kind it would come across in her character. Which isn't to say she needs to be kind, she doesn't! She just needs to stop lying to her audience who is being taught to expect one thing from her and then getting something very different from her instead.

Reactions: 10
It used to tit me to tears when she said that she brought her flat because she didn’t drive/have a car. Like, Carrie, honey, you didn’t need a car because you still lived with your parents, within walking distance of public transport, and you didn’t bleeping work.
My first car cost me $3000, last I checked the going rate for a mortgage deposit was a smidge more than that. Not every one goes out and buys a range rover or something the second they start driving.

She also never had to work during school, or even after leaving school. She only really did YouTube between leaving school at 16 and getting an actual job at like 19 didn’t she? What if she’d never ‘made it’ as an actress? It’s kind of dumbfounding to me that her and her parents were clearly so confident that she’d make it in the industry that she left school with no real prospects at 16, other than the connections her brother set up for her. That in itself says a lot about the privileged she started out with, there was no worry or need that she needed to find work because she always had multiple safety nets.

And I’m not shitting on her for that, she’s lucky. But that doesn’t mean she works any harder than the rest of us, she just started the race further ahead.

Reactions: 15
It’s so insulting when she says that she worked 3 jobs so that she could go to Disney. Some people work at 3 jobs and still struggle to put food on the table for their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And I’m not shitting on her for that, she’s lucky. But that doesn’t mean she works any harder than the rest of us, she just started the race further ahead.

This is exactly it! No one denies she works hard in what she does, but she doesn’t understand that she started so much further ahead of most people due to the privileges her parents and brother provided for her. That’s not her fault, and no one begrudges her for it, but it’s frustrating that she doesn’t acknowledge it and continues to act like she was a poor peasant girl who made the big time all on her own.

Reactions: 12
I usually lurk on this thread but yes, the flat thing is infuriating! Everyone I know who drives bought a cheap ass car to get them around - even if they spent £5000 on a car the downpayment for that flat must have been around 50K? (I'm not london based but I assume a one-bed flat in the city would go for a minimum of 500K?)

Reactions: 6
You could get a one bed flat in the city for about 200k if you’re lucky, as long as it’s not central. Still very very expensive for a one bed flat. Where I’m from, a three bed house costs £130k which is very cheap for the UK.

Reactions: 3
I own my house but I had help off my parents. I don't deny my privilege and open that I did have the help otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Carrie never recognises her privilege. The fact she didn't work a retail or waitressing job before she even got cast as eponine speaks volumes. As soon as I was coming to to leaving school, my dad was pushing me to get a part time job so I could understand the value of money, get experience, etc.

Reactions: 10
My partner and I own our house but could never have done it without a small inheritance from his Grandma. He got it when he was in his early 20s and saved it all, probably not what most young men in their early 20s would have done, but we were able to put a deposit down solely because of that. It is a total fluke that we were able to buy our house while others aren't - there are people on higher incomes than ours who just can't get that initial deposit together, it's ridiculous. I think about how lucky we are every single day. So many people take home ownership for granted, Carrie included.

Reactions: 6
Just wanted to clarify I don’t have an issue with people who have help from their parents, I don’t want anyone to think I’m bitter about that! :) That’s how much friends did it and they are very grateful and aware of their privilege. The only thing that frustrates me is when people try to pass it off as their own ‘struggle’ if that makes sense.

Reactions: 12
She also never had to work during school, or even after leaving school. She only really did YouTube between leaving school at 16 and getting an actual job at like 19 didn’t she? What if she’d never ‘made it’ as an actress? It’s kind of dumbfounding to me that her and her parents were clearly so confident that she’d make it in the industry that she left school with no real prospects at 16, other than the connections her brother set up for her. That in itself says a lot about the privileged she started out with, there was no worry or need that she needed to find work because she always had multiple safety nets.

I think in between her Yotube-ing, she was paid(?) while working on that musical with Tom? Or maybe it wasn't a paying job yet. Maybe they were so sure it would happen because of Tom's connections that they though it was certain? There must have been something kind of secure making them feel it was worth her leaving school at 16. I seem to remember that in the Mcfly book (yes, I read it as a guilty pleasure 😅), Tom wrote that he'd thought up this musical with his manager Fletch, and they'd been in talks with Universal about it. So maybe it felt very much ready to go, and they cast Carrie. Wonder if she also wrote on the songs? No idea. Just rambling on and speculating here, on a quiet Friday^^
Edit: At around 3:05 in this video, she explains that she's signed to Universal as a singer (Mcfly's label), and that she's been working on a movie project for the last 3 years that has now been handed over to "people who know how to make movies". And she was working w a TV company who were going to make a fictionalised TV show about "her". Interesting.

Just wanted to clarify I don’t have an issue with people who have help from their parents, I don’t want anyone to think I’m bitter about that! :) That’s how much friends did it and they are very grateful and aware of their privilege. The only thing that frustrates me is when people try to pass it off as their own ‘struggle’ if that makes sense.
Definitely agree here. I've got my own small flat, but literally only because my parents helped out (and some of my own savings, but mostly parental help). Kinda feel guilty about it because so many others don't have the same priveliges. We need political parties that want to burn the current property market to the ground and build a better system, and to vote them in. In my country, we have a few great parties that are working towards a huge change. Hope they're successful at the next election.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think in between her Yotube-ing, she was paid(?) while working on that musical with Tom? Or maybe it wasn't a paying job yet. Maybe they were so sure it would happen because of Tom's connections that they though it was certain? There must have been something kind of secure making them feel it was worth her leaving school at 16. I seem to remember that in the Mcfly book (yes, I read it as a guilty pleasure 😅), Tom wrote that he'd thought up this musical with his manager Fletch, and they'd been in talks with Universal about it. So maybe it felt very much ready to go, and they cast Carrie. Wonder if she also wrote on the songs? No idea. Just rambling on and speculating here, on a quiet Friday^^
Edit: At around 3:05 in this video, she explains that she's signed to Universal as a singer (Mcfly's label), and that she's been working on a movie project for the last 3 years that has now been handed over to "people who know how to make movies". And she was working w a TV company who were going to make a fictionalised TV show about "her". Interesting.

Definitely agree here. I've got my own small flat, but literally only because my parents helped out (and some of my own savings, but mostly parental help). Kinda feel guilty about it because so many others don't have the same priveliges. We need political parties that want to burn the current property market to the ground and build a better system, and to vote them in. In my country, we have a few great parties that are working towards a huge change. Hope they're successful at the next election.
I don’t think I’ve seen that video before, or if I have it must’ve been a very long time ago. Is it a public video or is it a private ‘you can see with the link’ one?

Reactions: 2
I don’t think I’ve seen that video before, or if I have it must’ve been a very long time ago. Is it a public video or is it a private ‘you can see with the link’ one?
It's a very old one - a public video, but uploaded in 2012

Reactions: 1
Not to spam this thread, but I'm just looking at some old videos out of interest. Wonder what they were in New York for in this vid. And she seemed to collaborate with these two guys a lot in 2012. Ant was in that boyband V, so maybe they were all signed to Universal and were singing together? Or maybe it was to do with the musical, 'cause Fletch is in the video. No idea, just speculating

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.