Carrie Hope Fletcher #6 Over 800 books and she's reading tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t get me wrong, I 100% believe moose - there’s tons of proof that carrie’s a nasty person and most of the details add up - the thing I’m a bit confused about is that moose said they just found out about these forums in their first post, but also said later that carrie complains about these forums multiple times a day in the groupchats?? Maybe that’s just me getting confused though!!!
Perhaps Carrie has talked about the forums but this was Moose’s first time visiting?

Reactions: 4
Carrie stop making fetch being a booktuber happen, it won’t happen.

having books doesn’t make you into a booktuber, reading them and talking about them does, and no “it was so good I cried” is not talking about them

Reactions: 15
Carrie stop making fetch being a booktuber happen, it won’t happen.

having books doesn’t make you into a booktuber, reading them and talking about them does, and no “it was so good I cried” is not talking about them
To be fair, if I was someone trying to pass myself off as an author but had to resort to buying fake reviews and knew that people thought my books were tit, I’d probably cry when I read an actually good book as well.

• Haha
I'm just looking at the poll she's put up with what the lyrics are in IKIHAH. I'm out of step with a lot of her followers! 2/3 seem to think it's "heart of stone", some kind of Six crossover wishful thinking? :D

And I can reveal, with my geological background, that if she's "made of steel, hard as stone" the stone she is referring to is probably orthoclase feldspar (you heard it here first!).

(With the caveat that that's if the stone is hard as steel. Stones can be very hard (diamond) or very soft (talc).)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm just looking at the poll she's put up with what the lyrics are in IKIHAH. I'm out of step with a lot of her followers! 2/3 seem to think it's "heart of stone", some kind of Six crossover wishful thinking? :D

And I can reveal, with my geological background, that if she's "made of steel, hard as stone" the stone she is referring to is probably orthoclase feldspar (you heard it here first!).

(With the caveat that that's if the stone is hard as steel. Stones can be very hard (diamond) or very soft (talc).)
Ha - This is brilliant! Thank you for your geological input!

I came here to talk about this because surely this just shows how terrible her diction is??!! Not sure why she’s showing this of!

Attachments

Reactions: 13
I thought the "hard as stone" option in her poll was a joke, because of how dirty that phrase is.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ok who said this? 😂
It was me on a throwaway account and I was surprised at how quickly she put that in her story 😂. Felt a bit bad after 🙈 but I'm sure she is getting lots of messages telling her how great she is and how mean and wrong whoever sent her that is.

And yes she blocked that account, unsurprisingly.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It was me on a throwaway account and I was surprised at how quickly she put that in her story 😂. Felt a bit bad after 🙈 but I'm sure she is getting lots of messages telling her how great she is and how mean and wrong whoever sent her that is.

Omg I'm creased 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
I just can't get it through my head how she can be so smug about how many people got the answer wrong. If 66% of people can't understand the lyrics you sing, you have failed as a singer.

Reactions: 24
I just can't get it through my head how she can be so smug about how many people got the answer wrong. If 66% of people can't understand the lyrics you sing, you have failed as a singer.
And that is particularly bad because in musicals, you're supposed to enunciate extremely clearly as the songs tell and advance the story. I'm baffled she did that poll. I'd be very embarrassed. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
And that is particularly bad because in musicals, you're supposed to enunciate extremely clearly as the songs tell and advance the story. I'm baffled she did that poll. I'd very embarrassed. :oops:
Especially after people thought she was dropping the F word on TV when she did Bad Cinderella. 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 10
And that is particularly bad because in musicals, you're supposed to enunciate extremely clearly as the songs tell and advance the story. I'm baffled she did that poll. I'd very embarrassed. :oops:
So in my head, this is definitely 100% what happened right before she posted the poll.

ALW: Carrie, my darling, my muse, the most talented girl on the west end *, it sounds like you're singing heart of stone, you're amazing darling but could you please in the future make sure to sing hard as stone.

Carrie: Andy why are you such a hater, how could you be so mean to me? I'm calling papyrus! Obviously, I'm singing hard as stone, nobody on earth would hear that as heart of stone, here I'll prove it.

*Willing to work with him

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In fairness to her, there's no easy way to split as / stone without it sounding incredibly staccato, so it's natural to run them together. On top of that, 't' and 'd' are closely related (voiced and voiceless alveolar plosives if we're getting technical!) so easy to muddle, and the difference in vowel sounds in heart and hard is absolutely miniscule. So people are really relying on hearing the 'o' or 'a' in the middle syllable.

"Heart of stone" is a well-known saying, and our brains like to try to make sense of things — it isn't really a surprisingly leap, especially when you consider that singing does use slightly 'stylised' vowels so it sounds nicer.

Having said that, I want to be able to hear the correct lyrics with no guessing, so Carrie should get channelling her inner Julie Andrews — there's somebody who's every syllable was crystal clear!

On a completely different note, I've just watched her book challenge video. I can tell she's very close in age to me, I have loads of the same editions of children and teen books as her!

It made me so twitchy that The Fire Within and Icefire aren't next to each other though, why would you split a series up when you have all those beautiful new bookcases?!

Reactions: 5

Gotta love how she shares that suggesting she found it quite funny/was cool about it. Blocks you and goes onto to give lots of other examples of lyrics being misunderstood as a way of defending herself.

Reactions: 13
On the theatreboard, people were speculating about the rest of the Cinderella cast. One mentioned that Lauren Byrne from Six who was pictured in rehearsal is in the ensemble and might be understudy for Cinderella. A few posters chimed in that they’d much rather see her than Carrie. 😅 I mean, I would too but Ouch!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.