Carrie Hope Fletcher #6 Over 800 books and she's reading tattle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched her book video and good lord she's so aggressive. fOlLOw mY INStagRAm!!!!!!

Reactions: 4
Starting to think Cinderella will never open, with the news that foriegn travel is banned and hints that summer holidays will be a no-no.

Reactions: 1
The absolute irony of an internet bully talking about internet bullying. It really undermines Papyrus.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I just can't get excited by the song, the ITV performance of it, the outfit, the 80s hair style, the plumped up lips ... anything about any of it.

People saying above her voice sounded beautiful so I sought it out on youtube, just sounds shouty/ranty and the end of every line sounds wobbly to me. I'd be interested to hear someone else properly trained sing it and hear their take on it but I suspect that having piled all his eggs into Carrie's basket to originate the role, neither the Lord nor her will be letting that happen any time soon.

Haven't watched the whole ITV thing but if I did I think I'd just fast forward past anything to do with Cindermehla.
I just listened to the clip, out of curiousity having seen comments. Some thoughts I doodled as I listened:
Yes, her voice sounds better than last I heard it. However...
The belt sounds like it's hurting her voice, there's strain there. The belt on the "deceived" at the start? The note is a B. Regardless of vocal range, that is usually a very comfortable belting note without sounds of strain or trying so hard to hold on.
Where's the storytelling - that's so much part of the point of musical theatre, you're meant to be able to tell so much of a story through a song, so where's the acting? Her eyes look rather dead. Which is sad, considering the words suggest emotion, whether bittersweet, angsty, whatever, just...something! And sure, exposing too much emotion of the scene might spoil the surprises of what is obviously being kept under wraps, but surely you can..I don't know, even just sing the song passionately as you the person would if you tap into the emotion of the song itself, ignoring what the character is feeling? It's why songs like Memory from Cats are so well known, the singer put their personal emotion into it and the audience feels it.
Having to listen intensely for the actual words. Diction, where are thou?
Sounds close to a yell at the top end of the range in the song, sounding forced.
Getting to the end of the song, it sounds like belting on a B is not a happy place for her voice. Many of the belts are on a B and every time...

Reactions: 12
I thought she sounded quite laboured - ALW songs aren't really known for their degree of technical difficulty, she should be knocking songs like that out in her sleep. It was an improvement on previous Cindermehla performances but still definitely not something I'd pay through the nose to go and see live.

Reactions: 4
I just listened to the clip, out of curiousity having seen comments. Some thoughts I doodled as I listened:
Yes, her voice sounds better than last I heard it. However...
The belt sounds like it's hurting her voice, there's strain there. The belt on the "deceived" at the start? The note is a B. Regardless of vocal range, that is usually a very comfortable belting note without sounds of strain or trying so hard to hold on.
Where's the storytelling - that's so much part of the point of musical theatre, you're meant to be able to tell so much of a story through a song, so where's the acting? Her eyes look rather dead. Which is sad, considering the words suggest emotion, whether bittersweet, angsty, whatever, just...something! And sure, exposing too much emotion of the scene might spoil the surprises of what is obviously being kept under wraps, but surely you can..I don't know, even just sing the song passionately as you the person would if you tap into the emotion of the song itself, ignoring what the character is feeling? It's why songs like Memory from Cats are so well known, the singer put their personal emotion into it and the audience feels it.
Having to listen intensely for the actual words. Diction, where are thou?
Sounds close to a yell at the top end of the range in the song, sounding forced.
Getting to the end of the song, it sounds like belting on a B is not a happy place for her voice. Many of the belts are on a B and every time...
I didn't hear any strain on her voice during "deceived", but I'm by no means an expert. I think her voice sounded great (except for the last note), but I absolutely agree about the acting - or rather, lack of acting. That's always an area in which she's weak, unfortunately :/ To be fair to her, she's not given much to work with in that song, though, with such bad lyrics, it's almost as if the song has no meaning, haha. But she herself believes in the story and the song, so she should still have been able to act through it better. And I agree, her diction isn't strong either.

I’d love to hear 20 year old or even 24 year old Carrie sing it.
I agree - still kicking myself because I never went to the UK to see her as Eponine. I was a student and I felt like I couldn't justify the money/going to a different country just to see a show. I've seen her as Wednesday and Veronica since, but those didn't end up being as exciting, both because the productions felt a bit pantomime-y (not just because of Carrie, it was the whole feel of both of those shows), and her acting wasn't good. I enjoyed listening to her voice, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I didn't hear any strain on her voice during "deceived", but I'm by no means an expert. I think her voice sounded great (except for the last note), but I absolutely agree about the acting - or rather, lack of acting. That's always an area in which she's weak, unfortunately :/ To be fair to her, she's not given much to work with in that song, though, with such bad lyrics, it's almost as if the song has no meaning, haha. But she herself believes in the story and the song, so she should still have been able to act through it better. And I agree, her diction isn't strong either.
It's concerning if a feature song being used to sell a show is vacant of meaning #awkward 😂😂😂😂 given she's been part of the project since the early days, surely she's been immersed in the character and the reasons behind all the actions which would enable her to feel appropriate emotion in any song? (Rhetorical, sadly, given her acting abilities)

Re "deceived" at the beginning, maybe strain isn't quite the word for it. During the belt, as she goes from B flat to B, the vowel shape of "e" widens momentarily before the vibrato kicks in. It sounds like her voice is not happy, the more I listen to it to try and describe it better, the more I wince haha. The "e" vowel in the "believe" line doesn't have the same movement.

It's not bad, but it's not bad in the way of people who have some natural talent without any training. It's very... Britain's Got Talent? And that's not cricket for someone headlining a West End production.

(Sorry, I have my music purist hat on. I'll take it off now, promise 🤓)

I’d love to hear 20 year old or even 24 year old Carrie sing it.
20 year old Carrie would do it well! Can we find a time travelling machine and lend her the music for a run through? 😁

Reactions: 2
It's concerning if a feature song being used to sell a show is vacant of meaning #awkward 😂😂😂😂 given she's been part of the project since the early days, surely she's been immersed in the character and the reasons behind all the actions which would enable her to feel appropriate emotion in any song? (Rhetorical, sadly, given her acting abilities)

Re "deceived" at the beginning, maybe strain isn't quite the word for it. During the belt, as she goes from B flat to B, the vowel shape of "e" widens momentarily before the vibrato kicks in. It sounds like her voice is not happy, the more I listen to it to try and describe it better, the more I wince haha. The "e" vowel in the "believe" line doesn't have the same movement.

It's not bad, but it's not bad in the way of people who have some natural talent without any training. It's very... Britain's Got Talent? And that's not cricket for someone headlining a West End production.

(Sorry, I have my music purist hat on. I'll take it off now, promise 🤓)

20 year old Carrie would do it well! Can we find a time travelling machine and lend her the music for a run through? 😁
Love the insight from someone who knows about singing/notes! I've taken lessons with a singing teacher in the past because I wanted to learn technique for my amateur choir, but I still unfortunately don't know much about sheet music and analysing the technique of others, so thanks 😊 How do you think 20 year old Carrie would have done it differently?

I never saw her in Les Miserables either but I loved her voice back then. Definitely noticed a difference in the album version sadly, her voice fed isn't had good as it was :(

I agree - still kicking myself because I never went to the UK to see her as Eponine. I was a student and I felt like I couldn't justify the money/going to a different country just to see a show. I've seen her as Wednesday and Veronica since, but those didn't end up being as exciting, both because the productions felt a bit pantomime-y (not just because of Carrie, it was the whole feel of both of those shows), and her acting wasn't good. I enjoyed listening to her voice, though.

Her voice is so pure, effortless and stunning in this!

Reactions: 2
Don’t get me wrong, I 100% believe moose - there’s tons of proof that carrie’s a nasty person and most of the details add up - the thing I’m a bit confused about is that moose said they just found out about these forums in their first post, but also said later that carrie complains about these forums multiple times a day in the groupchats?? Maybe that’s just me getting confused though!!!

Reactions: 8
Her voice is so pure, effortless and stunning in this!
Agreed. Although she's said she would just walk onstage without warming up during that time, so she didn't exactly protect her voice (or know that she had to protect it??) or develop/work on it then, it seems.

You can loose your voice and I think because she hasn't looked after it, she's lost it. She's still good but not great like she used to be, it's really sad but she only has herself to blame really.

Don’t get me wrong, I 100% believe moose - there’s tons of proof that carrie’s a nasty person and most of the details add up - the thing I’m a bit confused about is that moose said they just found out about these forums in their first post, but also said later that carrie complains about these forums multiple times a day in the groupchats?? Maybe that’s just me getting confused though!!!
There is actually no reason to believe that person, though.

Reactions: 5
it might be that she originally knew about GuruGossiper but didn’t know that the majority of the ggs came over here. When GG went down it took me a while to realise that the conversation had continued on Tattle.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.