Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kev1974

VIP Member
No public congratulations on opening night to Carrie from her BFF Scott on SM today/this evening?!?! 🤷 Is that because he is a Netflix superstar now and Carrie only a panto superstar?!?! 😂🤷😂

Also Carrie said earlier this week that she was saving Scott's movie for Sunday when she will be back at home on her sofa with a hot chocolate...Really sounds like she will be running back to Edgar Joel every day off she will have from panto instead of exploring Canterbury like she said she would...😂🤦😂 I guess all the crappy reels she is recording live from her living room with Joel won't be recording themselves...😂🤡😂
She has to get back to check that Edgar is still alive and that her underwear drawer is intact

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Gisela

Again, which is why people don't tend to ask for their in-law's PERMISSION these days. And instead they ask for their BLESSING. Two totally different things because we've moved on with the times.
Is there such a big difference between the two? What if the parents don't give their blessing?

I find your position very extreme. No, a man doesn't see a woman as a property if he talks to her father (or her parents before proposing). It is a nice thing to do. Of course this is only done when the parents are close, you wouldn't involve your partner's parents (or father) if they had a shit relationship because it would be none of their business.

I'm genuinely curious: are you also against engagement rings as a feminist? Since they're a way for a man to show a woman belongs to him.
I just don't see what's supposed to be nice about it to be honest. I'd be really taken aback if my partner discussed something so fundamental with my parents first. I don't mean marriage in general, I know most couples talk about that before getting engaged (as they should), just telling them things are getting real and the engagement is actually happening soon. My engagement being discussed without me, between my parents and my partner, rubs me the wrong way. Wouldn't it be even nicer to tell them about the engagement together? I just genuinely don't get what's nice about discussing my engagement with my parents without me, before proposing to me, so they can be all excited about it without me?

I'm not against engagement rings at all because they're a lovely reminder of the engagement. They might have stood for ownership back in the days, but now it's a thing most people are really excited about and it has gained a new meaning. I can't really wrap my head around the new meaning of asking for the parent's permission/blessing. My feminism only goes as far as thinking both should be able to have one if they want to. Some men might not want one, some men might want to have one, but if the man wants to have one too, he should get one too.

But I mean, I'm not British. So maybe it seems normal to British people. I don't like the tradition of the father walking his daughter down the aisle either (why is it the father and not the mother?). But in my culture, asking the parents is just a horribly outdated thing only very conservative people would do. It fits Joel, but it doesn't seem to fit her image.

• Heart

Sanctified

VIP Member
It's not really my type of film, and tbh I wasn't impressed by the trailer

However it is a great thing for Scott. I just wonder would Carrie be able to cope with her BFF being more successful than she is?
She always goes oddly quiet when her mates are getting opportunities like this. Definitely reeks of jealousy

• Sick

snowfairy17

VIP Member
My dad is no longer with us, but I hope my boyfriend asks my mum when he wants to propose, for no other reason than my mum will know when I’m ready, we’re very close and she knows me better than anyone. Even if she wasn’t sure, she’d be able to get it out of me without ever guessing. The engagement would be a surprise but a welcome one.

All that to say… why did no one in carrie’s family say “maybe it’s too soon for an engagement, random man who started dating our daughter this year after the end of a long-term relationship”?

• Heart

AL10

VIP Member
I’m sorry I will always believe she was emotionally cheating on Pete and probably did something with Oliver, I remember watching the vlogs and it was so obvious they had feelings for eachother and was like wtf is going on ain’t she with Pete 😂

exhausted_mother

The tea and coffee gifted advent calendar stories are driving me crazy! AT LEAST TRY THEM AND TELL US WHAT IT TASTES LIKE! Or don’t show it. Just showing me it’s a chocolate tea doesn’t say ‘oh it’s interesting I’ll maybe try it/get it for my mum’ or whatever. I don’t know why this annoys me soooooo much

• Haha

Fifah1907

VIP Member
God it's just hit me that they've not even spent a Christmas together yet and they're engaged 💀
Omggggggg 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I’ve still no spent a Christmas with my OH and we’ve been together 3 years. Both of us are too stubborn to spend it away from our respective nieces and nephews 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

onasidequest

VIP Member
I will admit that I arranged some of my holiday to the UK to fit around Carrie's book tour and to see her in Heathers. I'm from New Zealand. My boyfriend was not particularly impressed about being dragged to these events 😅 I did meet Carrie at the signing and told her I'd come from NZ and watched her on YouTube for 7 years and she really did not care, so surely nothing has changed on that front for her?
If you're going to be flying halfway around the world anyway, then it makes sense to do everything you want to do while you're there. I did the same when I went to New York.

I'm sorry you came all that way to be dismissed like that by Carrie. You deserved better.

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
Did not think she'd get poorly so soon, she's barely started
The “cold” has to start now so she can be professional and power through it for a week or so. Then … inevitably she will succumb for a show. Though didn’t she say there are no understudies?

leabytottle

VIP Member
Just thinking, most bespoke rings take at least 6 weeks to make. That’s not including the design process with the groom or bride choosing the ring. So at 3 months, he’d already designed and got the wheels in motions. 😳😳

• Sick
  • Haha

RedFlagsAhoy

Again, which is why people don't tend to ask for their in-law's PERMISSION these days. And instead they ask for their BLESSING. Two totally different things because we've moved on with the times.
Yes, exactly this. It's more of a cultural ritual rather than actual permission - my husband asked for my mum's blessing before he proposed to me but even if she'd said no it wouldn't have stopped us. (Though there may have been a serious talk between my mum and me!)

It's so interesting to see British cultural norms from an outside perspective and yeah I can totally see why it looks so horrifically antiquated and sexist. 😅

Lolly505

VIP Member
Right! How hard would it be to a quick overview of the calendars on day 1, then a include a X/10 review once she's had her coffee/tea that day?
So bloody boring and lazy.
I understand that opening the doors is the main draw for content, but that alone isn't going to convince anyone to buy it?

Like I saw her do this last year and the year before (and probably the year before that) and I'm still none the wiser as to whether the flavours are any good. Especially because she never buys the calendar herself, she's given it, so I can't even tell if it's something she'd choose to get again if it wasn't free. Like what flavours does she look for forward to? What ones has she ever bought again in the past? Can you even buy them again or they limited edition?
For an influencer, there's not any actual influencing/advertising going on 🥴

Otterley

I don’t know if this sort of thing just flies in the west end or what but if I went on stage and actively and openly criticised my previous employer I would never work again! Especially when they have as much spread as ALW. That’s just career ending IMO. How can anyone think this is professional?

Sanctified

VIP Member
Also anyone else think that it's funny how Wednesday came out on Netflix and she hasn't fawned all over it and posted "remember when I was wednesday" stories
She spent her entire Addams run sucking face and shagging Oli, on and off stage. She probably tries to forget it - like how Cinders didn't work out. The only time I've heard her mention Addams since Oli dumped her was when she said she was last in Canterbury for Addams.

If she actually controlled herself and didn't have her fuck buddy 'uni experience' with her costar, she would probably look back on it fondly.

• Haha

Letmeinnn

I just watched Scott's netflix film and honestly it is as terrible as it looks. Scott's character is really cheesy but he has a lot of screentime and you can tell he really put 100% into it, which can't be said for all of the cast.

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
Carrie Hope Fletcher #46 - Carrie and Joel (and Scott!) The neverending story(s)

• Haha