Carrie Hope Fletcher #37 90 Day Fiancé - The Musical

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone,

TW: This post talks about SA and similar topics.

With this whole engagement, this post may get lost in the masses but I came across this forum a while back and considered posting this and now I feel more than ever it's time to.

A while ago Joel posted about his favourite footballer being Ronaldo and I messaged him to explain why I didn't think he was the best role model or potentially why people might find that quite problematic. Regardless of my experience with SA, seeing the footballers face made me pretty uncomfortable and disappointed Joel calling him is favourite. I want to share with you the response I received. I have never EVER been spoken to in such a condescending and rude tone in my life. I was absolutely astounded by the way my kind and consecrate message was turned into an attack. It is evident to me that Joel has no respect for women and hurting people's feelings. I decided to email his agency with the proof of the disgusting was I was spoken to as a fan and I of course heard nothing back. So now I feel like I'd like to make you aware of what this man is truly like. Another warning- there are words and phrases thrown around in here that are very triggering.

View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553View attachment 1679554View attachment 1679555View attachment 1679556View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553
Yikes…

Like I get Ronaldo is a great footballer but given the allegations about him why didn’t Joel pick like any other player 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Also the “AND MEN” 🙄. Yikes

His whole post gives me “if the man is found not guilty it means the woman lied” vibes which it is not always that clear cut… and also it annoys me when people say it means the woman lied because technically if it was the cas the man could sue for slander. No one is stopping them… but I wonder why a lot of them don’t… I don’t know what happened with ronaldo and I don’t think we ever will but I do wonder if he was 100% innocent surely he could have sued her for slander.

Reactions: 50
this is absolutely disgusting. how can he defend ronaldo? and how can he say that a RAPE accusation is akin to a “mistake”, as though supporting a celebrity who was rude to someone is the same as supporting a rapist? these replies stink of misogyny (the constant referencing to men get raped too!!!!!! when there was literally no need for it) it reminds me of those “meninists“ that used to try to make out that men are just as oppressed as women in like 2014. i’m disgusted
I feel the same as you about the meninist point. It's especially upsetting taken into account the industry he resides in, you'd hope he's be quick to call out this type of behaviour but apparently not and would have little issue backing them.

Reactions: 12
Joel reading Carrie's cards...
Still ten more days of this to go...How unattractive...Carrie will be engaged to a wet wipe by the time she gets back to HER house...🤦🤣🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh my God Joel. Could he be any more annoying? Grown arse man! Is this really what Carrie wanted as a fiancé? I very much doubt it. I won't be surprised if somehow he ends up flying out before she gets back.

Reactions: 14
Yikes…

Like I get Ronaldo is a great footballer but given the allegations about him why didn’t Joel pick like any other player 🤦🏻‍♀️.

His whole post gives me “if the man is found not guilty it means the woman lied” vibes which it is not always that clear cut… and also it annoys me when people say it means the woman lied because technically if it was the cas the man could sue for slander. No one is stopping them… but I wonder why a lot of them don’t… I don’t know what happened with ronaldo and I don’t think we ever will but I do wonder if he was 100% innocent surely he could have sued her for slander.
Yep and not sign her a massive check to keep her quiet...

Sorry not sorry but Joel is a T*** and he is totally capable of selling his own engagement "story" to the Daily Mail sad Carrie isn't even capable of seeing this...

Reactions: 9
He is acting like a petulant child in those videos whining that his mommy is away on vacation and he didn’t get to come. The fact that the gifts are a toy and money for food are almost too hilariously on the nose. I’m sorry but how could anyone be attracted to that level of behaviour from a man.

Can you believe just six months ago she was trying to adopt the whole “Why can’t you buy one seat to shows for all us SINGLE LADIES? 😂” identity to being engaged less than 200 days later?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’ll be honest. I’ve been with my boyfriend the same amount of time and he lives about two hours away. We don’t see each other often. I would not feel ready at all to be engaged to him. We’ve experienced health scares within both our families and I know what he’s like.
My only worry is they really don’t know each other well enough to commit to a lifetime together.
Bets on a winter pregnancy announcement?? 💀
I’m not a cat owner but aren’t lillys toxic to cats?? Maybe Joel’s trying to get Edgar out the way so he doesn’t have to share Carrie

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Eugh he’s so insincere.
For me his coughing is a big give away...Coughing, clearing the throat frequently, or any other gesture of covering the mouth can indicate that a person is trying to hide something...What are you hiding Joel? That you have the DM number saved up in your phone?! 😂😂😂 He is so insincere!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hey everyone,

With this whole engagement, this post may get lost in the masses but I came across this forum a while back and considered posting this and now I feel more than ever it's time to.

A while ago Joel posted about his favourite footballer being Ronaldo and I messaged him to explain why I didn't think he was the best role model or potentially why people might find that quite problematic. Regardless of my experience with SA, seeing the footballers face made me pretty uncomfortable and disappointed Joel calling him is favourite. I want to share with you the response I received. I have never EVER been spoken to in such a condescending and rude tone in my life. I was absolutely astounded by the way my kind and consecrate message was turned into an attack. It is evident to me that Joel has no respect for women and hurting people's feelings. I decided to email his agency with the proof of the disgusting was I was spoken to as a fan and I of course heard nothing back. So now I feel like I'd like to make you aware of what this man is truly like. Another warning- there are words and phrases thrown around in here that are very triggering.

View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553View attachment 1679554View attachment 1679555View attachment 1679556View attachment 1679552View attachment 1679553
Huge YIKES.

Even if we gloss over the condescending tone and complete inability to consider someone else's point of view, even if we gloss over his attitude being EXACTLY the reason many people struggle to come forward... He could have just... Not answered the question rather than brining up someone who he knew had these kinds of allegations against them. Did someone ask with a gun to his head?

I'd been hoping that Joel was just social media illiterate and unlucky in how badly he can come off on there, but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt now. He's so arrogant he can't even see his own ignorance.

It reminds me of when he was on that podcast and he said something like "I think it's so funny that everyone hates England because of something that happened years ago... Like the people who hate us for invading their countries don't remember it!" When talking about colonialism.

Like.... Dude, the British Empire left Hong Kong in 1997. That's in YOUR lifetime. Just because something started generations ago doesn't mean it, or its repercussions, ended generations ago too. Feel however you want to about the Queen and the monarchy, but don't do the absolute bare minimum of thought and research before mouthing off like an expert and telling other people how to feel? He clearly only reads things that back up how he wants to feel.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
The latest 12 days of Joel is actually incredibly disturbing. Imagine Carrie trying to do anything in the future without Joel if this is how he acts when she goes to Disney without him. It’s astounding that family haven’t had a word with her about how concerning this is.
Also, A+ for David Hunter’s comment 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Looks like Tom is going for a run this morning probably to clear his head after all the unnecessary drama his sister has imposed (once again) on their family holidays...

Reactions: 10
Guys, we opened a new thread three days ago, which reached 50 pages yesterday and now we're already 16 pages into a new one which was created like 12 hours ago, I CAN'T KEEP UP! LMAO

If anything this shows what a shitshow this whole thing is :_)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Hey everyone,

I hate this so much. The part where he suggests people who drop charges are “an insult” to women is so ignorant. I know women who have been assaulted who have dropped charges because the process of having to face their abusers is so traumatising and they don’t get the right support to go through that process. And going through it when so much of the time people are so DESPERATE to defend the man and prove that the woman is lying, it can make women either drop charges or be gaslit into thinking that it was their fault and they were the problem. I could understand some of his arguments if he’d been more thoughtful and respectful about them, but that line made me feel sick. You can’t make blanket statements or throw away comments when talking about abuse, because you’re insulting so many actual victims and their loved ones. I like to think most of the time these people don’t mean to cause harm when they say this stuff, so I’ll hear anybody out that has another way of interpreting that line. I just found it really gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Hey everyone,

I don’t understand why he feels the need to jump to the defence of an alleged rapist footballer he’ll never meet and doesn’t know he exists, when he could have just ignored the question? And while I 100% agree that sexual violence towards men is not highlighted enough by the media, it certainly wasn’t relevant to the conversation you were having and screams of #notallmen to me.

Reactions: 39
Yikes…

Future lawyer here - they don't sue for slander because the legal test for slander is way easier to satisfy than the legal test for criminal conviction (i.e beyond a reasonable doubt) - so if they did sue the SA allegations would probably be proven. So they don't want to out themselves 🤡

Reactions: 24
7FE9DF2D-8A72-410E-8112-2CC233AD05F2.jpeg

Might just be me but that’s a bit of a weird caption for someone who has just announced their engagement

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
Guys, we opened a new thread three days ago, which reached 50 pages yesterday and now we're already 16 pages into a new one which was created like 12 hours ago, I CAN'T KEEP UP! LMAO

If anything this shows what a shitshow this whole thing is :_)
seriously going to have to consider quitting my job to keep up with this thread hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I hate this so much. The part where he suggests people who drop charges are “an insult” to women is so ignorant. I know women who have been assaulted who have dropped charges because the process of having to face their abusers is so traumatising and they don’t get the right support to go through that process. And going through it when so much of the time people are so DESPERATE to defend the man and prove that the woman is lying, it can make women either drop charges or be gaslit into thinking that it was their fault and they were the problem. I could understand some of his arguments if he’d been more thoughtful and respectful about them, but that line made me feel sick. You can’t make blanket statements or throw away comments when talking about abuse, because you’re insulting so many actual victims and their loved ones. I like to think most of the time these people don’t mean to cause harm when they say this stuff, so I’ll hear anybody out that has another way of interpreting that line. I just found it really gross.
Yep yep and People always think “not guilty” is innocent when 9/10 times it means “inconclusive”.

The way people turn on the woman and immediately assume she’s a liar just shows they’re desperate to hate women.“The woman should go to prison if the man is non guilty” - gets thrown about so much.

Like the man CAN take her to court for defamation, there is NOTHING stopping him

Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.