Carrie Hope Fletcher #3 Call her bad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If this was 2002, it'd be a massive thing for her to be mentioned by Russell Crowe. In 2020 I doubt this is going to take her to Hollywood :-D Or impress anyone really. Not that this will stop her, you're right of course, she will keep talking about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
i think she is very delayed in maturing and learning looking after herself without help (perhaps this is also reflected in her bouncing from boyfriend to boyfriend, and embarrassingly getting her mum to defend her on social media).
Although I wouldn't say that she gets her mum to defend her per se (I think she would do that with or without asking since the boundaries seem a little skewed there), I definitely think her mother's attitude and how she reacts to the men in her life says a lot. It's very clear her mother has only ever enabled her, which is probably why she lacks so much self discipline and seems really insecure about everything (people who work hard don't need to constantly talk about how hard they work). Her relationships often seem quite childish as well, and I've noticed how she tries to seem more "normal" around Oliver, like her new love of gin etc.

Reactions: 2
Do you think the unhealthiness you hear in her larynx is something that happened due to how sick she was during Heathers? If so, that's so sad and must be so terrible for her :/ It feels like it should be a breach of employee well-being if shows are forcing actors and actresses to continuously sing when they aren't feeling their best. I'm pretty sure you don't see football players being forced to play with sprains or what not (though maybe they do because I don't watch football 😂)
Almost definitely! Everybody could hear the difference in her voice after Heathers, not just educated ears. It was her cover of the Aladdin song ‘Speechless’ that I cringe at the most due to her straining. When you compare that recording to her old live performances, the difference in placement is ridiculous! She once showed what she does to warm up her voice in an old video which included ‘tiring’ her tongue out so she didn’t have tongue tension- the method she used hasn’t been taught in years because of how old-fashioned and potentially dangerous it can be. It involves moving the tongue in circles over and around the teeth with the mouth closed. It for sure tires the tongue out, possibly too much. If she has been taught that by a singing teacher, that tells me that the singing teacher is very old fashioned and Carrie needs someone younger who understands how singing technique has evolved due to modern musicals.
In football they actually provide physio therapy for injured players- being a sports physio is an incredibly well paid job!

Reactions: 5
I feel biased but I always see Carrie's performances as Carrie Is Singing rather than her evoking the character she is playing.
Agreed - except when she played Eponine. I think that's the only role of hers where I have found her convincing as another person. She seemed to act well in that role. Everything else she has done, she sadly lacks acting chops...

oh no, Russell Crowe has mentioned her name on Twitter. We'll never hear the end of this.
He absolutely gushed about Tom after seeing his wedding speech a few years ago. Maybe he got into Carrie's videos after following Tom. Lol.

(I just watched her video titled 'A Cinderella Day' - I actually really enjoyed it. She wasn't shouty, she came across as lovely and wasn't annoying. Much more like her old videos. Hope it continues, but I swear these days, I only genuinely like one of her videos a year - if that.)

Last edited:
Credit where it's due, from all the UK influencers I check on (sometimes often, sometimes not): Niomi, Louise, and Zoe and some west end people, she is is the only one who I have seen actually wearing a mask when she is out.

Reactions: 9
Wanted to post the tweet but it wouldn’t let me🤔 I’m kind of surprised to see Carrie liking this “hogwarts always looked like a tit school anyway. massive tory energy. also the stairs could make you late“

I know what JK is saying right now is extremely controversial but for Carrie to like it when it’s about Harry Potter and not JK herself, seems weird to me. I thought she was still a fan on Harry Potter. Also had to laugh at the Tory energy part because if anything, Carrie gives me major Tory vibes.

Reactions: 8
Wanted to post the tweet but it wouldn’t let me🤔 I’m kind of surprised to see Carrie liking this “hogwarts always looked like a tit school anyway. massive tory energy. also the stairs could make you late“

I know what JK is saying right now is extremely controversial but for Carrie to like it when it’s about Harry Potter and not JK herself, seems weird to me. I thought she was still a fan on Harry Potter. Also had to laugh at the Tory energy part because if anything, Carrie gives me major Tory vibes.
she voted labour at the last election

Reactions: 1

My god, she is such a dirty hypocrite. She claims to support trans people, but profits off of JK Rowling’s work, by advertising Butterbeer and other Wizarding World merchandise. She then justifies this by saying she separates the work from the author. Then she badmouths the work she claims is ‘separate’ by liking that tweet!!

I hope they never give her another penny.

Reactions: 8
Almost definitely! Everybody could hear the difference in her voice after Heathers, not just educated ears. It was her cover of the Aladdin song ‘Speechless’ that I cringe at the most due to her straining. When you compare that recording to her old live performances, the difference in placement is ridiculous! She once showed what she does to warm up her voice in an old video which included ‘tiring’ her tongue out so she didn’t have tongue tension- the method she used hasn’t been taught in years because of how old-fashioned and potentially dangerous it can be. It involves moving the tongue in circles over and around the teeth with the mouth closed. It for sure tires the tongue out, possibly too much. If she has been taught that by a singing teacher, that tells me that the singing teacher is very old fashioned and Carrie needs someone younger who understands how singing technique has evolved due to modern musicals.
In football they actually provide physio therapy for injured players- being a sports physio is an incredibly well paid job!
Honestly, I reckon that might be because she was probably last taught by a singing teacher back when she was in high school for Music GCSE - which for her would be about 2007? I could be wrong but she's never mentioned a singing coach and even in Les Mis, Heather's, etc, it's been noted by a fair few people that she tend to take a more lax approach to warm up (although she maybe takes vocal warm up more seriously than physical tbf).

It is still baffling that she doesn't prioritise honing her craft. Like she might have a good voice but she could make it even better by being just a little more proactive. Her whole 'I don't need to prove anything to anyone' attitude is so backwards because she's only limiting herself and is patting herself on the back for it. 🤦

Reactions: 4
Carrie is lazy. She constantly talks about always being busy and working working etc but none of what she does is to better herself. Not writing wise, not acting wise and not singing wise.

My god, she is such a dirty hypocrite. She claims to support trans people, but profits off of JK Rowling’s work, by advertising Butterbeer and other Wizarding World merchandise. She then justifies this by saying she separates the work from the author. Then she badmouths the work she claims is ‘separate’ by liking that tweet!!

I hope they never give her another penny.
we’ve known for a long time that she has a low pricetag for selling out her morals. In a similar vein to when she accepted money to promote Sure despite being apparently against animal testing and pro-cruelty free. Someone offers her a cheque and suddenly her conviction isn’t so strong after all.

Reactions: 6
I can't say too much because it would be outing but I quite frequently work with West End MDs/pros who teach on the side and tongue circles/exercises are very much part of a warm up in my experience, which would be equivalent to the cast warm up before a show.

Reactions: 1
I finally watched Carrie's reaction to her Heather's performance and I really felt for her - at 12 mins in you can see her get emotional because she can clearly hear the damage in her own voice at that stage? It must be heartbreaking to look back and see what you put yourself through because of pressure bearing down on you. There's lot of things Carrie does that annoys me but in this instance, I genuinely feel for her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.