Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[

whats the point in her having a score? She doesn’t sight read music?
Ask the poor student she dragged on Twitter who dared suggest MT performers should learn as part of their training. He really got a raw nerve with her imposter syndrome
As someone who trained in MT, it's pretty standard for productions to give all cast members (or at least the ones who sing in the show) scores whether they read music or not - it's easier to give everyone the same material than have the stage management or musical direction team waste half the first day of rehearsal checking everyone's music theory proficiency and printing out the right number of scores/lyric sheets/etc respectively!

I suspect Carrie is one of those people who can vaguely follow the shape of a score (this note's longer than this one, the melody goes up here and down there) but wouldn't be able to learn a show just by reading the dots and would instead have to rely on the musical director bashing out her line on the piano. Surprisingly common among MT actors to be fair, but having to bash out every single line really does slow the process down! I very much agree with that poor grad that learning to read music is an invaluable tool for musical theatre actors and seeing as she's quite a naturally musical person judging by her earlier songwriting I think it would be something she could pick up pretty quickly if she were so inclined. It's just a shame she takes any suggestion that she COULD improve her craft as a personal attack. I genuinely think she just can't deal with any suggestion that she's not already perfect and her natural talent isn't enough.

Reactions: 20
My favourite bit was when she tried to convince us all that someone had thought she was a natural ginger. No one is going to think that colour is natural- it’s the colour of wotsits.
How many little anecdotes has she made up about that trip? A cast member telling her they were a fan of hers? The one where she was asked for id? Now this one. Carrie, those things never happened, and if you have nothing exciting to tell, don't make up little stories lol

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How many little anecdotes has she made up about that trip? A cast member telling her they were a fan of hers? The one where she was asked for id? Now this one. Carrie, those things never happened, and if you have nothing exciting to tell, don't make up little stories lol
She's one of these that goes on about 'her' truth as if basic plain old facts don't exist.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if her bad luck when it comes to auditions lately/lower confidence might lead to her taking some acting classes... I hope so.
Then again, having booked that play might have convinced her that her acting is good enough as it is... Her voice is great, but I'm not sure I'd pay to see her again unless she improved her acting.

I don't think so, she's learned to be lazy and having things handed to her.

Reactions: 5
If she does get bad reviews for the play I can just picture an essay about how it is somehow not her fault and giving us numerous excuses

Reactions: 10
If she does get bad reviews for the play I can just picture an essay about how it is somehow not her fault and giving us numerous excuses
I can already picture our sassy clapback queen keyboard warrior's responses. "You paid to see a performance and you got to see a performance. No one said you paid to see a *good* performance."

I wonder if her bad luck when it comes to auditions lately/lower confidence might lead to her taking some acting classes... I hope so.
Then again, having booked that play might have convinced her that her acting is good enough as it is... Her voice is great, but I'm not sure I'd pay to see her again unless she improved her acting.
It's going to lead her to drop out of acting to be Joel's housewife and churn out books + host a podcast like Giovanna. She's never been passionate about acting and it shows.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ng, I’ll enjoy the dramatic reviews from her tit books If she does. I don’t think a bad audition has dented her confidence I think she’s just had to deal with how most actors have it…

Ng, I’ll enjoy the dramatic reviews from her tit books If she does. I don’t think a bad audition has dented her confidence I think she’s just had to deal with how most actors have it…
Must be hard when no one wants to stunt cast you anymore

Ok I just remembered one of the Tiktoks that triggered Carrie

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oof that’s harsh.
What exactly did Carrie say about that part? Do we know she auditioned?

Reactions: 1
As someone who trained in MT, it's pretty standard for productions to give all cast members (or at least the ones who sing in the show) scores whether they read music or not - it's easier to give everyone the same material than have the stage management or musical direction team waste half the first day of rehearsal checking everyone's music theory proficiency and printing out the right number of scores/lyric sheets/etc respectively!

I suspect Carrie is one of those people who can vaguely follow the shape of a score (this note's longer than this one, the melody goes up here and down there) but wouldn't be able to learn a show just by reading the dots and would instead have to rely on the musical director bashing out her line on the piano. Surprisingly common among MT actors to be fair, but having to bash out every single line really does slow the process down! I very much agree with that poor grad that learning to read music is an invaluable tool for musical theatre actors and seeing as she's quite a naturally musical person judging by her earlier songwriting I think it would be something she could pick up pretty quickly if she were so inclined. It's just a shame she takes any suggestion that she COULD improve her craft as a personal attack. I genuinely think she just can't deal with any suggestion that she's not already perfect and her natural talent isn't enough.
How does one learn to read music? I mean this genuinely as I am interested.

Is it something you could learn online yourself? Given all the free time Carrie had during Covid you would think its the ideal time to do something like that...even with a music teacher online.

Also what is Carrie's reputation like in MT?

Oof that’s harsh.
What exactly did Carrie say about that part? Do we know she auditioned?
Carrie just flippantly said that in some video, I seem to remember - some Q&A or something where she was asked about playing Jenna. I think she said something like "I am too young to play Jenna atm", which I don't think is being harsh about the actress playing Jenna at all. I personally always thought the Tiktoker read too much into that and was too harsh about it, tbh. But I also didn't find those two mild videos so awful that it warranted Carrie deleting her whole Tiktok account. It would only be a "problem" if all she used Tiktok for was searching her own name and looking for praise, which it kinda sounds like she did, which probably is why she got so mad that she left the platform altogether.

Reactions: 8
How does one learn to read music? I mean this genuinely as I am interested.

Is it something you could learn online yourself? Given all the free time Carrie had during Covid you would think its the ideal time to do something like that...even with a music teacher online.

Also what is Carrie's reputation like in MT?
I remember learning to read music when I had piano lessons when I was 9-10. That was pretty basic stuff and I couldn't read it now, but I'm pretty sure Carrie could pick it up easily.
I reckon there are loads of tutorials online and she surely has enough contacts in the performing arts industry if she wanted face-to-face lessons.
She just doesn't want to admit that she isn't top of her game in her field and there is always room to learn and improve.

Reactions: 5
Must be hard when no one wants to stunt cast you anymore

Ok I just remembered one of the Tiktoks that triggered Carrie

The funniest thing about that is the implication that this woman somehow looked "too young" to play a 30 year old

lSoAyohx35Z2my5LetC6srIZ2Xc.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Yes it really does slow down the process for the musical director and other cast members. I can understand it in an amateur production but not a professional who has every opportunity to hone their skill.
She attacked the person at the time saying he was ‘showing his privilege’ by suggesting everyone should learn to read music 🙄 - this without knowing anything about him by the way.
Every school in the UK not just private school provides the opportunity for music learning and even if disinclined at school the tools are freely available at the library and online.
Think he just hit a sore point with HER and in typical Carrie fashion she decided to make it a crusade while making herself look stupid and a bully in the process.

Does anyone give bad reviews for plays anymore? Too many reviews are either amped to the max or the blatant weak link simply not mentioned. One only has to look at recent reviews of Legally Blonde for that.

I remember learning to read music in primary school education, and I went to free public schools. I'm finding it hard to believe that miss private education wasn't taught sheet music in school. Maybe she was just too dense too pick it up or too stubborn to try

Reactions: 3
Yes it really does slow down the process for the musical director and other cast members. I can understand it in an amateur production but not a professional who has every opportunity to hone their skill.
She attacked the person at the time saying he was ‘showing his privilege’ by suggesting everyone should learn to read music 🙄 - this without knowing anything about him by the way.
Every school in the UK not just private school provides the opportunity for music learning and even if disinclined at school the tools are freely available at the library and online.
Think he just hit a sore point with HER and in typical Carrie fashion she decided to make it a crusade while making herself look stupid and a bully in the process.

Does anyone give bad reviews for plays anymore? Too many reviews are either amped to the max or the blatant weak link simply not mentioned. One only has to look at recent reviews of Legally Blonde for that.
What Legally Blonde reviews are you referring to? Genuinely curious!

The refusing to read music thing screams of grown-up-gifted-child syndrome. I can relate a bit. You get told you're better than everyone your age at something and just so special and talented that when you grow up and everyone else catches up - you're no longer special. Then you can get defensive about trying to pick up a new skill because you won't magically be brilliant at it first time and that's a humbling experience.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.