Carrie Hope Fletcher #20 No Grammy, dresses like your Granny, backstage dry-humping is uncanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here’s a screenshot of some of what they said, I just went to thread on Reddit and it looks like the person deleted their posts on there. But here’s some of what they said.
Thank you! Do you know what sub this post was in?

Reactions: 2
Oliver can move on from Carrie as quickly as he wants, with whoever he wants.

Maybe that sounds harsh but guess what? He doesn't have to live his life in a way that's going to make her happy. He has absolutely no responsibility to her any more.

It's been what, 3 months? How long does he have to keep considering his ex's feelings for?
He absolutely can, but it’s still okay to acknowledge how the other person feels in these circumstances. It’s nigh-on impossible to see things in a rational or measured way when you’re heartbroken. That kind of pain is so visceral.

I don’t mean to paint Oliver as some kind of a villain - I just think he’s been a bit of a dick and can’t help but empathise with how Carrie is likely feeling re: him having a new girlfriend. I just wish she’d figure out how to purge those emotions behind closed doors and with friends rather than all over her very public Instagram.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I think it will sting most because the new GF is everything carrie dislikes in other women in that she’s athletic build and “instagram” pretty.

I am expecting lots of “I’m not like the other girls” posts from Carrie which… I get- it hurts but she should keep it to her finsta

CHAPTER NINETEEN

- L’Oréal gets a talking to from Joanie. Joanie kisses her and uses the death scene to communicate a message as she’s dying telling her to “go to Grayson” so that future L’Oréal will hear it and know that she’s talking to present L’Oréal? Yeah don’t think about it too much

Memorable line- nope, chapter as short as my patience with this bleeping plot

CHAPTER TWENTY

- She tries to find Grayson by running (lol) but she can’t remember where he works. She is either a. Crap at internet stalking Or b. Didn’t listen to him

- she marvels that londons theatres are old which… yeah, it’s an old city. She pesters him at work and wonders why he’s got the appropriate reaction ofthinking someone pestering themat work is a nuisance.

- they agree to meet and explain rather than her just saying “he gave me flowers as an apology”

- memorable line -
“Theatres, Lorelai realised, were beginning to look like London’s elderly relatives, wise and with hundreds of stories to tell”-

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
He absolutely can, but it’s still okay to acknowledge how the other person feels in these circumstances. It’s nigh-on impossible to see things in a rational or measured way when you’re heartbroken. That kind of pain is so visceral.

I don’t mean to paint Oliver as some kind of a villain - I just think he’s been a bit of a dick and can’t help but empathise with how Carrie is likely feeling re: him having a new girlfriend. I just wish she’d figure out how to purge those emotions behind closed doors and with friends rather than all over her very public Instagram.
Yes, if she keeps being so passive-aggressive on Instagram whilst he remains quiet it won't look good on her. She should also stop answering questions that relate to her break up.

Reactions: 12
I've just noticed that Oliver is following someone called Leana McDermott on Insta, which seems to be Alessia's mum? To me, that suggests this new couple is already pretty established.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Im going to be the asshole here, because I don’t feel super sorry for Carrie. I don’t wish her any harm either and I hope she’ll get over whatever heartbreak she feels right now. But I’m not going to pretend she wouldn’t be ok doing the same thing. In fact, I know she is.
Also, pretty sure Carrie knows about Oliver‘s new girl. She’s not finding out today for the first time, but since she reads here, she now knows that we know so there’ll be faux-vague insta posts later.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Im going to be the asshole here, because I don’t feel super sorry for Carrie. I don’t wish her any harm either and I hope she’ll get over whatever heartbreak she feels right now. But I’m not going to pretend she wouldn’t be ok doing the same thing. In fact, I know she is.
Also, pretty sure Carrie knows about Oliver‘s new girl. She’s not finding out today for the first time, but since she reads here, she now knows that we know so there’ll be faux-vague insta posts later.
Yeah exactly. Carrie wouldn't give two figs about being seen with a new boyfriend 3 months after ditching Oliver had it been the other way around.

She's fine with breaking hearts, she's fine with hooking up when she's already hooked up and she's fine with passing from one guy to the next without taking a breath in between.

So why are people giving Oliver a hard time and defending Carrie?

Reactions: 31
My girlfriend and I are off to London next week, while browsing shows to see what we could do for a date we found Cinders from £18…

Needless to say was a quick no

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I would feel sorry for Carrie but if you got together via cheating, don’t be surprised when you get cheated on. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Her relationship with Pete was overlap with her relationship with Oliver, she didn’t wait 3 months to put him all over her videos. She did it while dating Pete. So, no. I don’t feel that bad about her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 37
I would feel sorry for Carrie but if you got together via cheating, don’t be surprised when you get cheated on. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Her relationship with Pete was overlap with her relationship with Oliver, she didn’t wait 3 months to put him all over her videos. She did it while dating Pete. So, no. I don’t feel that bad about her 🤷🏻‍♀️
I agree, it's a taste of her own medicine for sure. But I also dislike that Oliver obviously never really fancied her (we're seeing him go back to type now) and used her to boost his own profile. Add that to him doing the typical man thing of not having the stones to break up when you're over it, and instead lining up the next girlfriend before the breakup, neither of them deserves sympathy imo.

What's most bothersome to me about this whole thing is that most people duck around exes and current partners like this much earlier in life. Late teens and early twenties is the prime time for being a relationship dick - doing it at 30 all feels really developmentally stunted.

Reactions: 11
I've just noticed that Oliver is following someone called Leana McDermott on Insta, which seems to be Alessia's mum? To me, that suggests this new couple is already pretty established.
Plus going to Paris of all places...

Reactions: 3

Yeah but the reason people excuse her behavior back then is because she months later (when she saw people side-eyeing her relationship with Oliver) dropped those vague abuse hints about Pete.

Reactions: 4

She was also ALL OVER Oliver from the start. Not just within their work circles, but also all over the internet. Had Carrie found someone first she would have had no qualms to post it everywhere.

Reactions: 4

Yeah, to be fair I don’t know much about her prior relationships or how she’s conducted herself in the past. I think I was just reliving my own experiences with an ex. I should maybe save the empathy for people who are more deserving.

I agree, it's a taste of her own medicine for sure. But I also dislike that Oliver obviously never really fancied her (we're seeing him go back to type now) and used her to boost his own profile. Add that to him doing the typical man thing of not having the stones to break up when you're over it, and instead lining up the next girlfriend before the breakup, neither of them deserves sympathy imo.

What's most bothersome to me about this whole thing is that most people duck around exes and current partners like this much earlier in life. Late teens and early twenties is the prime time for being a relationship dick - doing it at 30 all feels really developmentally stunted.
How is it obvious that Oliver never really fancied her? How sick would he have to be to being in a relationship for FIVE YEARS of his life with someone he didn’t love? How blind would Carrie have to be to not notice? Listen, I was never a fan of them as a couple but that is a whole lot of projection.

Reactions: 22
How is it obvious that Oliver never really fancied her? How sick would he have to be to being in a relationship for FIVE YEARS of his life with someone he didn’t love? How blind would Carrie have to be to not notice? Listen, I was never a fan of them as a couple but that is a whole lot of projection.
I don’t think it’s that he never fancied her. I think it was very much they were on tour, spent a lot of time together, had fun. I don’t however think that Oliver foresaw it lasting as long as it did because he’s always been very anti any kind of commitment. Had covid and lockdowns not been a thing, I think they would have fizzled out sooner.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.