Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wordzalad

VIP Member
Her shoe-horned in minority characters give me JKR calling her Asian character “Cho Chang” vibes.

this is how Carrie writes minorities-

“Hello, I am gay,” said John, gayly as he embraced the main character whilst holding out his rainbow flag. “I exist only as a stereotype and my sexuality is my only personality trait,”

“John is nice,” said Carries self insert “I accept all sexualities,”

John left the room homosexually and was never seen again.

• Haha
Reactions: 73

sixback

I don't think we should try too hard to uncover the identity of this person tbh. It might put off other people who have inside scoops from sharing in the future.

Reactions: 62

salatblader

VIP Member
I haven’t been on here in ages, but anyone brought up the fact that Oliver may have left because he’s realised he needs to follow his true feelings?! 🏳️‍🌈 💁🏻
He says he is straight. I don't speculate on people's sexuality based on stereotypes. That would be a limited view of how men "should" behave.

Reactions: 61

wordzalad

VIP Member
Chapter One Summary

- The main Carrie-ter awakes at 5am - she has trouble sleeping because of nightmares- and somehow knows her best friend is asleep. I have no idea why these two platonic friends are sharing a room, as this isn’t common in the UK, even as students.

- The MC is a writer, following the pattern of all the characters having “creative careers”. She has left a favourite pen with a notepad in the kitchen. Do people have favourite pens? I like to imagine it’s a biro.

(worth noting that in one paragraph Carrie has used : or - to reveal something like this twice…the one thing she loved- writing. Her favourite things: books).

- Loreali talks about how she loves books and has them next to the film version on her shelves in a organisation display that she probably lifted from Pinterest. Alphabetical? No no that’s too basic for her. She says she is “fascinated” by how the screenwriters knew what to cut and why. I would suggest she uses google if she was that interested.

- Only her grandma ever read her stuff before (this will be contradicted in about three paragraphs)

- In a line straight out of a wattpad fanfiction, Loreali scraps her long dark messy hair into a messy bun and sits down with tea, a copy of catcher in the rye (as there’s never been a film version) and a notebook because laptops are for normies. At this point I expected Harry Styles to burst in and claim Loreali had been sold to one direction.

- Carrie tells rather than shows to explain L’Oréal works at a cinema that shows only old movies because that sounds profitable and clunkly introduces the roommate who is “naive” and “kind”
but also very blunt and I would suggest she’s going to be one of the people L’Oréal saves but we haven’t had an exposition dump of gender or sexuality or race so maybe not

-The roommate Joanie tells L’Oréal that she is too talented to be “sweeping popcorn” which- A) yikes Carrie shows her privilege and B) thought Grandma was the only one to see them. Joanie also works there. As she has instantly conceded That L’Oréal is too talented for a job she also does, and admitted the main characters superiority she will probably be a “good guy”

- Apparently now L’Oréal always sleeps fitfully. Good for her recovering in an hour and a half

- explanation that she’s “only 25!” No one cares how old you are… people write screenplays at 20 and at 40. Could have just said “I want to perfect my writing before sending it out” or something

- exposition dump about nightmares. They’re now sticking with her and not fading after she wakes and in the classic trope- Joanie asks if them getting worse means something. Her nightmares are “different” because they’re about things that have happened in the past…

There’s a flash back to when she kisses a pale, dark haired boy who later dies in a car crash. She then runs away from him…and you can tell Carrie went to private school because he doesn’t tell everyone she’s a freak after this, which would totally happen at a state school.

most memorable line-

“she felt that the spilled popcorn was proof that people had had a good time”- thank god Carrie is not popular enough for this to be a trend cause I don’t think the Cineworld staff feel the same when they have to get the screen ready for the ninth time thatday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

wordzalad

VIP Member
Why thank you everyone. Hope you all enjoyed!! Glad I could make everyone smile and contribute to the thread 😁.

Cant wait for her to base the next villain on me for mugging her off 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Okay, so I'm fully aware that this pretty new girl might not be evidence that Oliver cheated on Carrie. He could have always thought she was hot and decided to shoot his shot when they broke up.

However, let's say it does indicate Oliver cheated on her and that Reddit poster was telling the truth...

Does that also mean Carrie auditioned for Olaf?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
I would feel sorry for Carrie but if you got together via cheating, don’t be surprised when you get cheated on. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Her relationship with Pete was overlap with her relationship with Oliver, she didn’t wait 3 months to put him all over her videos. She did it while dating Pete. So, no. I don’t feel that bad about her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 37

Lolly505

VIP Member
THIRTEEN

- “She stood at the bar as seductively as she could. She gently rested an elbow on the counter, popped her hip and bevelled her leg.” Carrie then describes this as L’Oréal probably looking like she needs a pee. Why then does Carrie do these weird poses in real life? She almost glances on self awareness
Ladies, do you ever get to a nightclub and just....?
2016-04-26-16_54_26.gif

Now I realise why I've been single so long: I've not been in the stance to get picked up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36

wordzalad

VIP Member
Carrie - L’Oréal’s forgotten plane, cinders ticket sales in the drain, Q&A on insta to heal the pain

(I wanted to get the plane in there)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35