Carrie Hope Fletcher #20 No Grammy, dresses like your Granny, backstage dry-humping is uncanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I had a feeling he was probably there with someone, so just watched some of the women he follows insta stories, and there it was! I had seen her in photos before as I follow some of the BTTF cast.
Honestly inspirational work, I am always blown away by Tattle's detective skills!

Reactions: 13
In all seriousness, I hope she finds this out when she's home safe later and not whilst she's out at bookshops today. I wouldn't want to be getting news like this in public.
True, I hope she’s not alone though when she finds out. Maybe she already knows though, I mean all 3 of them work in the West End and I’m sure have mutual friends, and I’m sure people talk. I can’t help but think back to the person on Reddit who said he definitely cheated on Carrie, not saying he did just saying what she wrote on there, and she said the girl he’s seeing now also is an actor in the West End. She said people saw them at an event together just days after the breakup. Once again, not saying this actually happened, but it did just make me think back to that and if they did show up somewhere together and people saw them, I’m sure word spread so maybe she already knows. If that did actually happen.

Reactions: 8
Seems a bit like karma catching up with her to me.

Considering how she has been passively aggressively dragging his name through the mud and even into the press I don't blame him for doing a subtle but clear post that he had moved on

Reactions: 23
Yes it’s kind of drawing a very definite line under it for him.

I hope she now does the same.

Because continuing to ‘Carrie on’ would be embarrassing at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yes it’s kind of drawing a very definite line under it for him.

I hope she now does the same.

Because continuing to ‘Carrie on’ would be embarrassing at this point.
Yeah, she just needs to stop and focus on herself and her own life. The best thing she can do is move on and never mention him or the breakup again on social media. Work through it in therapy and in private, but leave it off social media. That’s the only way she’ll ever be able to truly move on, because keeping on about it isn’t doing anyone any good and it’s certainly not helping anyone.

Reactions: 9
Honestly I'd be very surprised if Carrie wasn't already aware of this. The theatre community seems to run in pretty close circles so I'm certain she probably already knows from someone/somewhere that they're together. A few weeks ago she made a vague post saying something like "some days are devastating and you feel like you can't cope" or something...wouldn't surprise me if she found out then.

Reactions: 21
Seems a bit like karma catching up with her to me.

Considering how she has been passively aggressively dragging his name through the mud and even into the press I don't blame him for doing a subtle but clear post that he had moved on
Definitely. We can speculate about timelines all day but you can’t argue that Oliver hasn’t handled the public facing side of this breakup with class. Ofcourse it’s easier to do so when you’re the dumper rather than the dumpeé, but still.

To echo what others have said, the absolute best way for Carrie to handle things from now on is to never mention or allude to Oliver on socials ever again. She has every right to be as hurt and devastated as she wants offline, but now that he’s seemingly in the process of debuting a new relationship - posting passive aggressive indirects will be a really awful look. If Summer and Pete were able to keep it classy on IG then there’s no reason she can’t either.

Reactions: 12
Oliver can move on from Carrie as quickly as he wants, with whoever he wants.

Maybe that sounds harsh but guess what? He doesn't have to live his life in a way that's going to make her happy. He has absolutely no responsibility to her any more.

It's been what, 3 months? How long does he have to keep considering his ex's feelings for?

Reactions: 34
Honestly I'd be very surprised if Carrie wasn't already aware of this. The theatre community seems to run in pretty close circles so I'm certain she probably already knows from someone/somewhere that they're together. A few weeks ago she made a vague post saying something like "some days are devastating and you feel like you can't cope" or something...wouldn't surprise me if she found out then.
Yeah, I remember that and I think the day before that was when she deleted their videos together on YouTube. So I’d be very surprised to if she didn’t know about this already, because just like you said the theatre community seems to run in pretty close circles and I’m sure she’s heard it from someone somewhere.

Reactions: 6
I think it's so tit and weak of people to stay with people they don't want to be with until they find a replacement, instead of being honest with themselves and the person they're with and leaving when the relationship isn't working for them anymore, even if they don't have a "replacement" lined up. Not saying that's what happened here, we don't know, but... If that is what happened, it's so cowardly.

Reactions: 13
I always think that if you have to rely on technicalities to make yourself feel better, you've probably done something not very nice.

Sure, TECHNICALLY Oliver and Carrie aren't together anymore, and technically he doesn't owe her any loyalty. But coordinating romantic Insta posts in Paris to confirm you're at least seeing someone - a person who you've known for a few years and worked closely with during your relationship - only three months after the end of a years-long relationship? Bad form, imo.

That's not to say I think Carrie has handled it particularly well either, she should absolutely have taken the high road and never mentioned him again beyond explaining that she was no longer in a relationship. TECHNICALLY it's not wrong of her to share her side of the story, but it still feels wrong when the other person is maintaining a (somewhat) dignified silence (that's probably mandated by their work contract, let's face it).

Technically they've both done nothing wrong, but in reality they're disrespecting each other enormously and it's not a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oliver can move on from Carrie as quickly as he wants, with whoever he wants.

Maybe that sounds harsh but guess what? He doesn't have to live his life in a way that's going to make her happy. He has absolutely no responsibility to her any more.

It's been what, 3 months? How long does he have to keep considering his ex's feelings for?
I don’t think anyone is saying he can’t move on, yes some of us have said it seems quick to move on but I haven’t seen anyone say he shouldn’t or he isn’t allowed to. In some peoples opinions it is quick, to others it isn’t, but it’s just different opinions and no one is saying he can’t or shouldn’t move on.

Reactions: 5
True, I hope she’s not alone though when she finds out. Maybe she already knows though, I mean all 3 of them work in the West End and I’m sure have mutual friends, and I’m sure people talk. I can’t help but think back to the person on Reddit who said he definitely cheated on Carrie, not saying he did just saying what she wrote on there, and she said the girl he’s seeing now also is an actor in the West End. She said people saw them at an event together just days after the breakup. Once again, not saying this actually happened, but it did just make me think back to that and if they did show up somewhere together and people saw them, I’m sure word spread so maybe she already knows. If that did actually happen.
Ooh I missed that Reddit post - do you have the link?

Sure, TECHNICALLY Oliver and Carrie aren't together anymore, and technically he doesn't owe her any loyalty. But coordinating romantic Insta posts in Paris to confirm you're at least seeing someone - a person who you've known for a few years and worked closely with during your relationship - only three months after the end of a years-long relationship? Bad form, imo.
Agree. That's part of what made Carrie being all over Oliver constantly during her vlogs right after breaking up with Pete so cringy. Why not just enjoy your new fling in private, without flaunting all over your youtube channel (where you used to post with your ex) how obsessed you are with the new guy, who you started working with during your last relationship. Even if your ex is a total asshole, it's just a bad look to be that inconsiderate. Even if you don't technically have to consider their feelings.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.