Carrie Hope Fletcher #2 The Carrie Hope Fletcher Show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here are a few of my theories about her hair.
1. It’s easier to deal with. It dries faster and is more “out of the way”. Probably the biggest reason and the most simple explanation.

2. I’m not a hair expert, but I don’t think her hair is quite as curly as she wants it to be. When she cut a lot of it off, she’d thought it would be even more curly, but it actually seemed to make it appear more wavy. When she was growing it back out people were frequently saying it looked like a mop and appeared to lose its curl from when it was longer. Which is interesting, because now the opinion seems to be it looked good during that time. I suppose after seeing it super short it made that medium length stage look better by comparison.

3. Next point. The pressure of Heathers seemed to be too much for her. The backlash about her casting seemed to send her validation seeking into hyper drive. The short hair made her feel “edgy” and she almost did a 180 degree turn from her “honorary big sister” persona to this “bad ass aggressive” persona. So there may be an element of being spiteful towards her critics by keeping it short, as well as shedding the image and “brand” she’d created for herself once it seemed to no longer be working out for her. I think this is the least contributing factor however, and the first two reasons are the biggest ones.

Reactions: 4
Here are a few of my theories about her hair.
1. It’s easier to deal with. It dries faster and is more “out of the way”. Probably the biggest reason and the most simple explanation.

2. I’m not a hair expert, but I don’t think her hair is quite as curly as she wants it to be. When she cut a lot of it off, she’d thought it would be even more curly, but it actually seemed to make it appear more wavy. When she was growing it back out people were frequently saying it looked like a mop and appeared to lose its curl from when it was longer. Which is interesting, because now the opinion seems to be it looked good during that time. I suppose after seeing it super short it made that medium length stage look better by comparison.

3. Next point. The pressure of Heathers seemed to be too much for her. The backlash about her casting seemed to send her validation seeking into hyper drive. The short hair made her feel “edgy” and she almost did a 180 degree turn from her “honorary big sister” persona to this “bad ass aggressive” persona. So there may be an element of being spiteful towards her critics by keeping it short, as well as shedding the image and “brand” she’d created for herself once it seemed to no longer be working out for her. I think this is the least contributing factor however, and the first two reasons are the biggest ones.
I feel she was a lot more bankable when she was the honorary big sister. There's quite a few people in the west end community performer wise who don't like Carrie because of her ego and attitude. She also looked a lot better with the longer hair.

Reactions: 2
Bet Carrie's bleeping elated they're banning stage dooring for the mean time whilst all this covid shits going on
this will make her year,

But how then can she be a condescending twit on twitter 😮 how will she talk down to her audience of obvious imbeciles who don’t understand the stage door etiquette....
according to the lovelies 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Can you tell more?
I can only speak for musical theatre students that I've heard discussing her and they generally don't like her attitude and her nasty "I'm going to attack you over anything" behaviour. She's a bully plan and simple.

It was quite refreshing hearing them saying that as they are the right age to have been sucked into her bullshit "big sister" attitude.

Reactions: 4
this will make her year,

But how then can she be a condescending twit on twitter 😮 how will she talk down to her audience of obvious imbeciles who don’t understand the stage door etiquette....
according to the lovelies 😐
But she'll kick up a fuss that she won't get free tit from her adoring fans

Reactions: 1
I can only speak for musical theatre students that I've heard discussing her and they generally don't like her attitude and her nasty "I'm going to attack you over anything" behaviour. She's a bully plan and simple.

It was quite refreshing hearing them saying that as they are the right age to have been sucked into her bullshit "big sister" attitude.
I can believe that she is a bully with her attitude. Absolutely refreshing to hear as well.

You can just see it in the way she just clings to the likes of Sophie Isaacs and Celinde.

I can believe that she is a bully with her attitude. Absolutely refreshing to hear as well.

You can just see it in the way she just clings to the likes of Sophie Isaacs and Celinde.
Do you mean because they're the only people that put up with her, or because they're known for similar? I've not heard much about either of them outside of their work.

Do you mean because they're the only people that put up with her, or because they're known for similar? I've not heard much about either of them outside of their work.
I think it's mainly just the way she's very ott with them. It seems very forced from her side. Also, I don't really know how to explain it well but she's like that girl who clings to the girls that people like and wants to be their best friend. As soon as they loose relevancy, she's not as interested.

She doesn't seem to have any other friends either but to fair, if she's constantly being snippy, talking to them likes she's better/knows more than them, I can't say I'm overly surprised.

I've said it countless times so I'm sorry for repeating myself, but I'd still love to know what happened with Emma Blackery! 😬

I think it's mainly just the way she's very ott with them. It seems very forced from her side. Also, I don't really know how to explain it well but she's like that girl who clings to the girls that people like and wants to be their best friend. As soon as they loose relevancy, she's not as interested.

She doesn't seem to have any other friends either but to fair, if she's constantly being snippy, talking to them likes she's better/knows more than them, I can't say I'm overly surprised.

I've said it countless times so I'm sorry for repeating myself, but I'd still love to know what happened with Emma Blackery! 😬
They claim to still be friends, don't they? Must be time for the annual tweet/comment/like that happens whenever someone questions their friendship

They claim to still be friends, don't they? Must be time for the annual tweet/comment/like that happens whenever someone questions their friendship
Yeah, exactly! I mentioned it on here and it was weird because Emma randomly commented on her picture a day or so later.

Also, I'm sure they weren't following eachother until recently too. (I'm very nosy. Haha)

Oh I see what you mean! It doesn't seem like she manages to hang onto many of her friends.

I'd be interested to know that too. I don't know if it's because she's really moved away from the youtube community. I don't think Emma seems like a particularly easy person to stay friends with either so perhaps they just drifted away from each other or couldn't make their friendship work.

She used to be friends with Dodie too didn't she? I'm sure that's the only reason I know who Dodie is.

The pressure of Heathers seemed to be too much for her. The backlash about her casting seemed to send her validation seeking into hyper drive.
Agreed. Although I love the show itself, Heathers was so bad for her, probably for a multitude of reasons. All the backlash seemed to harden her, I think being surrounded by so much talent (Jodie Steele is a triple threat for sure) brought out insecurity and maybe even imposter syndrome as she was the ‘main’ character - yet somehow not enough to seek to improve and just led to her trying to assure herself and everyone else that she was God’s gift to theatre. Then you have the singing through illness and also all the understudy stuff bc her understudy was amazing and imo more suited to the role of Veronica. I feel bad for her bc all that seems like a nightmare but she probably wasn’t ready for a role that big or demanding and it seems to have really had an impact on her.

Reactions: 5
The toll Heathers seemed to have taken on her highlights more reasons why her shortcut to musical theatre wasn’t the best route. She bypassed many developmental stages that would have built her character and appreciation for every role. A slower path would have perhaps helped her build better confidence and a better foundation in general. The fast track she took was a bit like someone who had been bed ridden trying to run a marathon when they still haven’t mastered walking. This was a random example and I didn’t mean to draw a parallel to her hasty marathon training. 😂 Although it does somewhat highlight a pattern of behavior of wanting to move along quickly and not take time to work up to things. You see it with her books as well. To her credit, she’s been impressively successful considering how she rushes into things. That being said, how much better would her performances and books be if she took more time to learn and cultivate her skills? How much better would her relationships with colleagues be if she seemed to be more humble and have more appreciation for the ensemble and people who worked their way up? Her ego perhaps wouldn’t be as fragile either and she wouldn’t feel so threatened.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Agreed. Although I love the show itself, Heathers was so bad for her, probably for a multitude of reasons. All the backlash seemed to harden her, I think being surrounded by so much talent (Jodie Steele is a triple threat for sure) brought out insecurity and maybe even imposter syndrome as she was the ‘main’ character - yet somehow not enough to seek to improve and just led to her trying to assure herself and everyone else that she was God’s gift to theatre. Then you have the singing through illness and also all the understudy stuff bc her understudy was amazing and imo more suited to the role of Veronica. I feel bad for her bc all that seems like a nightmare but she probably wasn’t ready for a role that big or demanding and it seems to have really had an impact on her.
The illness thing really frustrates me because she recorded the album and you can hear it in her voice that it's not back to normal. Compared to the original off-broadway recording she sounds awful because she sounds ill.

Reactions: 3
The illness thing really frustrates me because she recorded the album and you can hear it in her voice that it's not back to normal. Compared to the original off-broadway recording she sounds awful because she sounds ill.
Yeah but can you actually imagine Carrie giving up being in the cast recording? She'd rather damage her voice than have her understudy be immortalised as Veronica (even though those in charge likely would have waited, considering they were keen to have Carrie's name on the album)

Reactions: 3
Just listened to Dead Girl Walking on the cast album - bits of it sound auto tuned! And Carrie’s American accent leaves a lot to be desired too. Her version vs Barrett WW just can’t compare.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.