Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EmCheese

VIP Member
I’m not a super fan but I really love theatre… and I’ve literally never heard of ‘newsies’. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So it seems like kinda a step down from the big well known roles in Cinderella and Heathers, if that’s what she’s doing next 😬

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
I can’t understand how people think she could ever do Strictly. She seems to barely get through a company warm up and she gets given the most basic choreography in shows. Seems a bit of a stretch to me!
Have you seen some of the people that go on strictly 😂

Mark81

VIP Member
Exactly this.

Women that have been stay at home mums get trapped in relationships for the same reason. Can't imagine pandemic universal credit will go far in a place like London.
Yeah so many couples end up staying together because of finances. Usually the woman that gets trapped but have know a couple of men in same situation

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Just had a look at Southampton, as it's one of my local ones and not a big city as such. Looks to be selling relatively well but imagine with this a lot of those who will go will be the ones who buy immediately.

The balcony hasn't been opened up for tickets, which isn't uncommon, so looks like whoever has been booking the venues has been sensible in that regard. Admittedly I don't know how that is decided/if it impacts on the cost of using the venue. As I've been to shows in the past where they probably could have opened it up, and others where they definitely shouldn't have.

Looking at the London Palladium sales, also look to be quite decent, I think they might have benefitted from doing the same there and not opened up the Grand Circle. Marketing wise it would have made much more sense and provided the opportunity for the whole "due to exceptional demand more seats have been released"
Do you think these are actual sales or ones reserved by ticket sellers though? 🤔

Carrieisabadwriter

Off topic as not Carrie but… Lucie Jones has written a post regarding the invasion on Ukraine and… is it just me or is posting a photo of yourself in the location as ‘support’ really tasteless? People are dying and she’s basically like ‘Here’s me in a nice dress in Ukraine’.

Everyone will find something to find tasteless. Is it? I don't know. People relate to places in weird ways

jolene4745

VIP Member
Been to see Cindermehla tonight on a discount ticket, I dunno why Carrie needs an alternate, she's off stage for loads of it .. bloody hell that on-stage revolve needs itself an alternate though, they don't give it much time off in this show do they!

Ivano is quite the dancer isn't he! And Prince Charming, played by Caleb Roberts - wow!

I did enjoy sitting on the section of the auditorium that revolves ... found that bit quite magical actually ... there's not now, or ever going to be, many shows that can make use of that mid-show. Worked well.
What did you think of Carrie’s singing? Did her voice still sound damaged or has it improved? Just wondering, because I thought she was working with a vocal coach some.

jolene4745

VIP Member
Love her honesty :D
Yeah, it has to suck being left like that and apparently unexpected. But it probably was something that Oliver had wanted for a while and she didn’t notice/didn’t want to believe. Unless he very suddenly found someone else and wanted to end the relationship with Carrie asap. But I’m pretty sure that if someone else had been the reason for Olli leaving her, she would have made countless passive-aggressive allusions already. Since she hasn’t, I’m inclined to guess that he simply wasn’t happy and ended it when he felt he could. Sucks for her, but things like that do happen. And „knowing“ Carrie, I bet the thing she’s most angry about is that she was blindsided and didn’t have the chance to have someone else lined up immediately ;))
Yeah, at least she’s honest🤷🏻‍♀️

Insomiaflamingo

VIP Member
The articles do say it’s a “completely new production” and they’re not using any of the Disney name or branding so it’s likely to be re-choreographed but (as a fansie myself) they really do need to strike the line to ensure they don’t alienate the cult fan base that kept newsies running on Broadway - is anyone saw the Arts Ed production that put Jac Yarrow on the map then that could give some insight but I didn’t see that myself as it only ran for like three days
Oh no, I was hoping for a carbon copy of the Broadway one, I love it so much

dull-board1243

VIP Member
Yeah but in six five of them don’t dance and then grind to a halt for the 6th member who can’t dance.

I think the new curtain call is good, minus the Carrie part. It’s like spamming the breaks on and changing the vibe completely.
Everyone stops dancing since Cinderella doesn't have really any choreo there except the curtseys.

FairyOfTheBells

This is kinda off topic so sorry if it's not allowed but I noticed Helen George is credited on the Cinderella cast album did she originally play the stepmother and drop out/got replaced or was she just brought in for the album?
She was supposed to be playing the Queen, but then with the delays and lockdowns she's had a baby.

lily232

Absolutely agree. They both may have been relatively young but they certainly were into full adulthood at the start of the relationship. People go on at Oliver for not being as invested but Carrie presumably had been planning to be the one to change his mind on marriage which in my opinion is self centered and quite manipulative. Of course many people don’t see it as manipulation which is fair but it’s my honest opinion. You don’t get to change someone’s mind on a major life decision even if you’re their partner.
Ooh has it been said somewhere this is what happened?

Poothe

VIP Member
(sorry to bring it back to the following thing again but....) I wonder if tom won't unfollow because he became close to Oliver when him and Carrie stayed at Tom's house during lockdown
They were at Carrie’s house during lockdown - we had the twice daily videos!