Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Yeah but it's not a musical of the Disney version which only sets it up for disappointment since, unlike your examples, people won't get the songs they associate with it. If it was only down to name recognition, every amateur panto would be more high profile than something like Les Mis because people know the story 😅
I'd say the reason Cinderella is more high profile is because it's an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical. Even for those not well versed in musical theatre know he's a Big Name™.

But (Bad) Cinderella hasn't exactly got people clamouring to see it outside of Carrie and her fans, mainly because people know the Disney/panto story so it doesn't have an obvious USP (since they dropped the 'Bad' from the title) but also alienates the audience who do want that. Newsies would probably bring a general theatre crowd as well as the diehard fans, and possibly even the TikTok crowd if a song does well (like Six did). Cinderella just hasn't had enough genuine hype outside of those who'd have seen it anyway.
Exactly, seize the day has already been subject to a trend on TikTok at least on the side of TikTok I’m on. With the recent trending sound of Jeremy Jordan, I’m sure it would certainly pick up a lot of traction on TikTok.

Reactions: 1

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Everyone stops dancing since Cinderella doesn't have really any choreo there except the curtseys.
Yeah I understand that. Wasn’t sure how it was being compared to six. Carrie sticks out like a sore thumb at the end when the entire thing grinds to a halt for her to fling her arms up in the air. As someone above said, it’s jarring and I’ve never seen anything else like it

You do however have to be already known on TV, which she isn't.

Also not sure the BBC is brave enough to chance featuring yet another Fletcher, after her bro on last year and her sis-in-law on Jungle.
Not really true. saffron barker and Joe sugg weren’t known on tv. Plenty of sports people too.

AL10

VIP Member
She can spill the tea and I’m here for it but it’s not a good look professionally and their relationship was public so everyone knows who’s she’s talking about. I would just keep it to her finsta for the sake of her career but you do you Carrie 😂

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I feel like after the tattoo and the hair change, the next thing would be to go on a trip after Cinderella round Europe or South East Asia and wear harem pants and ‘find herself’.

But she doesn’t really travel anywhere but Disney so maybe she’ll do some soul searching whilst walking through the countries in Epcot..
And walking around the wrong way around world showcase!! Whoever starts in Mexico is a pussy!!

kev1974

VIP Member
I thought the accent was good when I saw him but I was a bit underwhelmed when he revealed his true intentions at the end- it just lacked a bit of atmosphere but that may just be because it wasn’t a surprise? The rest of the cast were outstanding though!
Not having any kids I've never seen the Frozen movie, so I thought his reveal was OK, I mean I could guess what was going to happen but didn't actually know.

LitNerd

Chatty Member
She could never manage King of New York in a billion years, unless they're drastically cutting out the choreo for that and I think Newsies has enough of a fanbase they'll riot if they did.
The articles do say it’s a “completely new production” and they’re not using any of the Disney name or branding so it’s likely to be re-choreographed but (as a fansie myself) they really do need to strike the line to ensure they don’t alienate the cult fan base that kept newsies running on Broadway - is anyone saw the Arts Ed production that put Jac Yarrow on the map then that could give some insight but I didn’t see that myself as it only ran for like three days

itsasecretssh

I’m sorry but watching her video of her getting her hair done made the dye look like strawberry jam (or even barbecue sauce) instead of dye.

annagy

When I saw she is being Cinderella I wondered if it was coming over to the uk or boradway. I loved her version of all I wanna do, so emotional
She's not playing Cinderella, according to someone who's follows her on Spotify (all speculation, I know). Maybe she'll get the vagina dress?

• Haha
Interesting that Oliver just posted a video of him singing a song that was written by a dude missing his girlfriend when they moved away? 👀👀
Is it not possible that with her upcoming tour he didn't want to do long distance?

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
I'd hardly call Carrie plus sized! If she was like the size of Tess Holiday then yes I would call her plus sized. Carrie is just curvy

dull-board1243

VIP Member
Slightly OT, but does anyone remember her post or comment about how she once went to a ballet class when she was younger and everyone else was in the standard leotard and tights while SHE had to go and not be like other ballerinas and wear some outlandish thing? Am I just making this up? I swear she posted this a few years ago.

Never underestimate what some fans will pay for a Meet and Greet though 😬
And it 's the only time you're promised she will be well behaved since it's a paid event.

thisiscat

Chatty Member
St George’s in Bradford seats 1,335- I was wondering where she’d end up in Yorkshire. I was almost expecting her to go to Leeds Playhouse- the Courtyard at Leeds seats 350 and the Quarry 750. Leeds seems a lot more suited to her than Bradford.

jolene4745

VIP Member
This is true. But we "know" Carrie from all the years she has chosen to put herself out there on social media. And she has done that far more and for far longer than Oliver. We know what she's like from the way she willingly chooses to present herself in the public eye. I don't know shit about Oliver, but I've been side-eying him from the way they began their relationship alone. But for now, Carrie is the one who chooses to deal with their breakup in public. And I'll judge her on that, and I can do that even without knowing what really went on. Because that's what we all do on here, every time we've talked about Carrie in the past few years. Theoretically you could say "we don't know everything that happened" about everything we judge her for on this thread, no?
True, you can judge her however you want and you can say and feel however you want about both of them. That’s totally okay, all I was saying is that I’m not going too say one is more too blame than the other for the breakup, because while yes I see what they say and put online, I don’t know everything that went on during their relationship and during the actual breakup. I’ve thought both of them are insufferable for awhile now, that’s just my opinion. My other point was that no matter who you are, heartbreak is heartbreak, and it sucks. It‘s painful and not fun to go through, and I feel for anyone who’s had to go through it or is currently going through it, whether their insufferable or not, we’re all human. Just my opinion, no one has to agree with it, isn’t that why we’re all here to tell our different opinions freely?