Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think what bothers me the most about Carrie, especially right now with all these WOS posts, is how utterly self involved she is. I work in the industry and I know that anyone that is a minority - they support other people within that minority. So if Carrie really cared about plus size actors getting better roles and not being type cast, then she would be supporting her fellow plus size performers. But she doesn't.

Her passion for theatre only extends as far as her own involvement in it. She wants more leading roles - and if she doesn't get them, she'll blame it on being plus size. It's such a narrow minded way of thinking and behaving and it makes me so angry. I know so many talented and hard working performers who have been pushed out of the industry because they don't fit a particular mold. They're not pretty enough, they're not skinny enough, they're not white or white passing enough, they have disabilities, they're too loud about being in the LGBTQA+ community. They've all faced genuine abuse and issues in the industry because of who they are.

And I'm not saying that Carrie hasn't copped her fair share of crap online for being "too big" for roles like Veronica for instance. But what she's gone through is so minor compared to what my colleagues and I go through. And she doesn't lift a single finger to support or uplift anyone other than herself (when she knows she has the kind of following and influence to be able to make an actual difference) so forgive me for being bit hard pressed to care about her "struggles".
23 stories & 2 grid posts within the past 24 hours and all of them bare one are about her and this bleeping award lol…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I definitely think Scott is the type to read here religiously and have an account defending his queen. I noticed it was mentioned here about Carrie looking like Rose from Titanic with her hair & then Scott tweeted about her being his very own Rose from Titanic. 100% believe he reads here and reports back to Carrie like her good little witch.

Reactions: 15
I get that tom was doing what any brother in his position would do by posting links to vote for Carrie, and generally being supportive of his sister.....but he could've at least watched Carrie in that role first
He STILL hasn’t been to see it?

Reactions: 5
Carrie winning this WOS award is like the prom queen scene from 'The Duff' where Bella Thorne's character already knows she's won prom Queen and has to pretend to be all shocked and surprised.

Reactions: 8
Beauty and the Beast UK tour currently has a black actress playing Belle. That is diversity.
Beauty and the Beast in Maryland, USA has a queer, plus size, black Belle. That is diversity.
A white, middle class woman playing Cinderella in a production where Cinderella is ‘not like other girls’ is not diversity.
Carrie’s role in Cinderella is not the big deal that ALW and Emerald Fennell have made it out to be. The version of Cinderella they claim to be steering away from is the exact version they have have created. In the original story, Cinderella wanted a night off to go to a party and not be abused. At no point did she try to change for a man. ALWs Cinderella flips the story so that Cinderella goes to the party to tell the Prince that she loves him, in the process turning into everything she hated about the people around her. At the reveal she says ‘I look so much better’ (I haven’t seen the show but that is a quote from the cast recording). Both stories show the Prince falling in love with the person rather than the beauty but ALWs Cinderella has the twist that was never needed.
So yeah Carrie, you won this one. You had a good night and looked lovely but seriously think before you speak! You are not the poster girl for diversity. Stop talking over other people, just listen! It’s not about you. Other people have voices that need to be heard right now. Rather that inserting yourself into a narrative where you don’t belong, listen to other people and help to amplify their voices. It’s not all about you!
I agree. It's good that Carrie has something to cheer her up after her breakup. Just appreciate that. It doesn't make her a champion of diversity. She's not even up there with Kingsley Morton an actually plus-sized woman leading a national tour as a character not designated "the fat one"

Reactions: 3
She’s interrupted her daily programming of wow I won with a rerun of let’s have a dig at Oliver through a pointed repost. Ugh.
God she’s got some proper teenage angst going on! Surprised she didn’t dye her hair black and go all emo

Reactions: 10
She’s doing a Q&A. Let’s see if we can figure out which questions she’s sent in herself. Also I still call that she will post pictures of Ms Frizzle/Merida/Annie at some point.

Reactions: 9
She’s interrupted her daily programming of wow I won with a rerun of let’s have a dig at Oliver through a pointed repost. Ugh.
Ha no one could ever accuse Carrie of NOT being rooted in herself. She has no other roots

Reactions: 5
At least it confirms he left her 💀 the best revenge I can think of is just being indifferent to someone. No subtweeting, big post break up style changes, no blocking them on social media. Just get on with your own life.

Reactions: 25
Love her honesty :D
Yeah, it has to suck being left like that and apparently unexpected. But it probably was something that Oliver had wanted for a while and she didn’t notice/didn’t want to believe. Unless he very suddenly found someone else and wanted to end the relationship with Carrie asap. But I’m pretty sure that if someone else had been the reason for Olli leaving her, she would have made countless passive-aggressive allusions already. Since she hasn’t, I’m inclined to guess that he simply wasn’t happy and ended it when he felt he could. Sucks for her, but things like that do happen. And „knowing“ Carrie, I bet the thing she’s most angry about is that she was blindsided and didn’t have the chance to have someone else lined up immediately ;))

Reactions: 18
Love her honesty :D
Yeah, it has to suck being left like that and apparently unexpected. But it probably was something that Oliver had wanted for a while and she didn’t notice/didn’t want to believe. Unless he very suddenly found someone else and wanted to end the relationship with Carrie asap. But I’m pretty sure that if someone else had been the reason for Olli leaving her, she would have made countless passive-aggressive allusions already. Since she hasn’t, I’m inclined to guess that he simply wasn’t happy and ended it when he felt he could. Sucks for her, but things like that do happen. And „knowing“ Carrie, I bet the thing she’s most angry about is that she was blindsided and didn’t have the chance to have someone else lined up immediately ;))
Yeah, at least she’s honest🤷🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.