Carrie Hope Fletcher #17 Cinderella, you shall go to the goof-ball!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m by no means saying her hair colour is something to read into, or that I want this to happen, but heidi blickenstaff’s leading lady role in something rotten was a red head… and it’s rumoured to transfer for 2023 😂
I don't see her being cast in something rotten but that's mainly because she can't land comedy lines very well

Reactions: 5
The thing is this is just yet another example of Carrie downplaying her privilege and banging on about the one thing that might make her less privileged but... actually really doesn't? It's like when she'd bang on about not going to drama school while completely glossing over the well-off family who could afford to take her to auditions and pull her out of school for jobs as a child, not to mention the famous brother and social media following.

I'm not saying that bigger women aren't unfairly overlooked in showbusiness. Until recently, West End/Broadway roles for plus-size women were either the comedy roles or parts where being big was the plot point (e.g. Tracy in 'Hairspray' or Effie in 'Dreamgirls'). Obviously things are getting better now ('Six' being a great example) and long may it continue.

However, Carrie acting like she's some trailblazer for not being a size 8 is nothing short of insulting. I don't doubt she's been rejected for roles for not having the right 'look' and I know some have given her tit for it online. But let's not act like her social media fame and the bums it puts on seats hasn't far outweighed that. They literally transposed the score of 'Heathers' down to meet her vocal range. The audience Carrie pulls in will likely get her leading roles for a long time - far more than her size will hold her back.

Also, as people have pointed out, she isn't even that big. By industry standards maybe but she is fundamentally an average-sized, white, able-bodied, privileged woman. She'll never struggle to buy clothes that fit, people don't think it's acceptable to heckle her for her size in the street and she can go into a doctor's surgery for a health issue without her weight being brought into it. And in fact when has Carrie ever tried to uplift bigger actresses before this? The only reason she gives two hoots is because some have said she's too fat to play Eponine/Fantine/Veronica. Once again this is all about her.

TL;DR: Carrie's immense privilege gets her far more roles than her size prevents and her persistent refusal to acknowledge it is doing my tits in.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
No way Disney would stand for her tweeting "You paid for Elsa and you got an Elsa!!!!" when she can't be arsed to turn up again, so I think that particular show will be firmly closed to her!
She wouldn't last a day in a retail job. I'm a manager at a store and we had one employee throw a temper tantrum and we didn't put up with it. We had another basically walk out during break and he's gone. She'd be fired within her first week.

Reactions: 4
I’m by no means saying her hair colour is something to read into, or that I want this to happen, but heidi blickenstaff’s leading lady role in something rotten was a red head… and it’s rumoured to transfer for 2023 😂
Its a comedy, Carrie could never carry a comedy show, I mean in heathers all of Veronica's comedic lines fell flatter than a pancake!

Reactions: 1
If she is behind the new accounts commenting on here, it's pretty sad. Yesterday should've been a happy time for her, yet she's reading gossip sites and posting IG stories trying to correct the 2 people on twitter who said her speech was tit

When is she going to realise that not everyone will like everything you do. Everyone is allowed an opinion. It's not like we are going out of our way to voice our opinions on carries IG or Twitter. Her fans can speak about her on there and we can speak about her on here

Reactions: 16
A comment on Oliver’s WOS grid post… Do you think this person knows they broke up and is making a dig, or is it just them genuinely not knowing? 😬
Oliver deleted this comment!! Gosh their break up doesn’t seem very civil at this point

Reactions: 4
The thing is this is just yet another example of Carrie downplaying her privilege and banging on about the one thing that might make her less privileged but... actually really doesn't? It's like when she'd bang on about not going to drama school while completely glossing over the well-off family who could afford to take her to auditions and pull her out of school for jobs as a child, not to mention the famous brother and social media following.

I'm not saying that bigger women aren't unfairly overlooked in showbusiness. Until recently, West End/Broadway roles for plus-size women were either the comedy roles or parts where being big was the plot point (e.g. Tracy in 'Hairspray' or Effie in 'Dreamgirls'). Obviously things are getting better now ('Six' being a great example) and long may it continue.

However, Carrie acting like she's some trailblazer for not being a size 8 is nothing short of insulting. I don't doubt she's been rejected for roles for not having the right 'look' and I know some have given her tit for it online. But let's not act like her social media fame and the bums it puts on seats hasn't far outweighed that. They literally transposed the score of 'Heathers' down to meet her vocal range. The audience Carrie pulls in will likely get her leading roles for a long time - far more than her size will hold her back.

Also, as people have pointed out, she isn't even that big. By industry standards maybe but she is fundamentally an average-sized, white, able-bodied, privileged woman. She'll never struggle to buy clothes that fit, people don't think it's acceptable to heckle her for her size in the street and she can go into a doctor's surgery for a health issue without her weight being brought into it. And in fact when has Carrie ever tried to uplift bigger actresses before this? The only reason she gives two hoots is because some have said she's too fat to play Eponine/Fantine/Veronica. Once again this is all about her.

TL;DR: Carrie's immense privilege gets her far more roles than her size prevents and her persistent refusal to acknowledge it is doing my tits in.
ALL of this!

I don’t know, there’s a difference between gossip and just tearing someone down for the sake of it I think. There was a comment earlier about ‘wanting to slate her hair colour but couldn’t’ - this thread has taken a turn recently that’s just plain mean at times. There’s a lot of assumption (we don’t know if she’s heartbroken or not, what we see on social media is just that - literally anything could be happening or have happened off screen), we’re all entitled to opinions but I think it doesn’t hurt sometimes to consider if we’re walking the line between gossip and being vicious for the sake of it. Anonymity can make people brave in a toxic way sometimes!
That was me who said that about her hair. If I’d gone straight to CHF’s insta and said that on her post then I’d be a troll, I didn’t do that. I was pointing out that much as I dislike Carrie, I’d be a hypocrite if I said I didn’t like her hair because mine is very similar.
I didn’t realise this was a rave thread so apologise for expressing that here.

Reactions: 8
I get that tom was doing what any brother in his position would do by posting links to vote for Carrie, and generally being supportive of his sister.....but he could've at least watched Carrie in that role first

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If she is behind the new accounts commenting on here, it's pretty sad. Yesterday should've been a happy time for her, yet she's reading gossip sites and posting IG stories trying to correct the 2 people on twitter who said her speech was tit

When is she going to realise that not everyone will like everything you do. Everyone is allowed an opinion. It's not like we are going out of our way to voice our opinions on carries IG or Twitter. Her fans can speak about her on there and we can speak about her on here
To be honest I think its more likely that some of her fans posted yesterday trying to defend her rather than Carrie herself (although Carrie most likely does read here)

Reactions: 12
I wonder how awkward it was her and Oliver being in the same room.. least she won and I bet she was thinking “ ha duck you” 💁🏼‍♀️

When I saw she is being Cinderella I wondered if it was coming over to the uk or boradway. I loved her version of all I wanna do, so emotional
She's not playing Cinderella, according to someone who's follows her on Spotify (all speculation, I know). Maybe she'll get the vagina dress?

• Haha
I think what bothers me the most about Carrie, especially right now with all these WOS posts, is how utterly self involved she is. I work in the industry and I know that anyone that is a minority - they support other people within that minority. So if Carrie really cared about plus size actors getting better roles and not being type cast, then she would be supporting her fellow plus size performers. But she doesn't.

Her passion for theatre only extends as far as her own involvement in it. She wants more leading roles - and if she doesn't get them, she'll blame it on being plus size. It's such a narrow minded way of thinking and behaving and it makes me so angry. I know so many talented and hard working performers who have been pushed out of the industry because they don't fit a particular mold. They're not pretty enough, they're not skinny enough, they're not white or white passing enough, they have disabilities, they're too loud about being in the LGBTQA+ community. They've all faced genuine abuse and issues in the industry because of who they are.

And I'm not saying that Carrie hasn't copped her fair share of crap online for being "too big" for roles like Veronica for instance. But what she's gone through is so minor compared to what my colleagues and I go through. And she doesn't lift a single finger to support or uplift anyone other than herself (when she knows she has the kind of following and influence to be able to make an actual difference) so forgive me for being bit hard pressed to care about her "struggles".

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.