Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

on-toast91

At least it confirms he left her 💀 the best revenge I can think of is just being indifferent to someone. No subtweeting, big post break up style changes, no blocking them on social media. Just get on with your own life.

Reactions: 25
I am seeing a lot of incredibly mean comments on here last night/today. Let’s remember that Carrie is incredibly heart broken and last night she had to see Oliver for likely the first time since they broke up. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been in a situation before where I’ve had to be in the same room as someone I still loved but who had broken up with me, and it was one of the most painful experiences. I think she looked great, and her words onstage were well intended. Let’s give her kudos for getting through the evening without having an emotional meltdown. It must have been hard and painful. Let’s remember she’s a human with feelings.
It's a gossip forum, people can say what they like and not be policed by people because poor little Carrie may be upset. She's a grown woman, not a child. It's her choice if she reads here or not.

No_Its_Ever

Chatty Member
“No superhero has ever intrigued me more than Batman” okay Carrie, I don’t think I’ve EVER heard her talk about Batman or anything DC, and only the occasional Marvel stuff which I assume is because of Disney, who tf gave her money for this promo 😂

redcupclo

Does anyone else think that Oliver’s latest story smacks a bit of point proving following on from Carrie’s smug post yesterday? The part about his show cleaning up seemed a little pointed 😂
I mean say what you want about Oliver, but he put up 2 stories and a single instagram post about WhatsOnStage. Whereas Carrie has reposted every single story mentioning her, totalling probably about 50 stories now with most of them using the same picture or saying the exact same thing. I get wanting to thank your friends for posting about your accomplishments but surely u could just reply to their stories saying “thank you so much! i really really appreciate it!” it’s more intimate than just a repost. I’m a big fan of Oliver’s approach, I know he didn’t win but he said he was grateful for the nomination, proud to be with such talent and proud of the two shows he’s been in for sweeping up the majority of awards! His social media game is a lot more professional than Carries lol

Kitt

VIP Member
I see she’s back to posting videos of the bows 🙄. I find it kind of funny that all the cast except Carrie (i.e the people who have actually been to drama school and have had training) get to dance and have fun together and it all comes to a grinding halt for Carrie’s entrance because she could never keep up with them.
She even says ‘I ruin the magic with my two left feet.’ Then why are you there?! Does she not question that at all?! Have dance classes or do something else.

Reactions: 24

zadietells

Oooh Carrie just spill. Instead of implying Oliver wasn’t strong enough and clever enough
Ugh I know she’s hurting but this is annoying. He didn’t leave because he’s not strong or clever. He left for whatever reasons make sense to him, as is his right as a mature adult to do? It’s not a failing if someone realises their relationship isn’t working. Arguably it’s a strength, rather than continuing in a one-sided unhappy relationship

• Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
I know it’s normal to be busy and do stuff after a break up for distraction but if I were one of her ‘friends’ that’s she been out with recently I’d feel so used. She doesn’t see most of these people when she’s in a relationship but super interested in their company now isn’t she.

Kitt

VIP Member
I would say Ivano is just putting up with her. He’s been been very professional publicly throughout the whole process of this show. Whereas other cast members have posted not so subtle digs at ALW, he’s been totally quiet on the matter. I think he just wants to get on and do what he loves and not mess anything up. I respect that.

Kitt

VIP Member
I feel like after the tattoo and the hair change, the next thing would be to go on a trip after Cinderella round Europe or South East Asia and wear harem pants and ‘find herself’.

But she doesn’t really travel anywhere but Disney so maybe she’ll do some soul searching whilst walking through the countries in Epcot..

• Haha

HeyUhey

I do find her language of “my ex left me” strange…shouldn’t it be “my ex broke up with me” or “my ex and I went our separate ways” he’s always been allowed to leave Carrie, you did not own Oliver 😅 I get being sad, but something about how she wrote that threw me.

I think what bothers me the most about Carrie, especially right now with all these WOS posts, is how utterly self involved she is. I work in the industry and I know that anyone that is a minority - they support other people within that minority. So if Carrie really cared about plus size actors getting better roles and not being type cast, then she would be supporting her fellow plus size performers. But she doesn't.

Her passion for theatre only extends as far as her own involvement in it. She wants more leading roles - and if she doesn't get them, she'll blame it on being plus size. It's such a narrow minded way of thinking and behaving and it makes me so angry. I know so many talented and hard working performers who have been pushed out of the industry because they don't fit a particular mold. They're not pretty enough, they're not skinny enough, they're not white or white passing enough, they have disabilities, they're too loud about being in the LGBTQA+ community. They've all faced genuine abuse and issues in the industry because of who they are.

And I'm not saying that Carrie hasn't copped her fair share of crap online for being "too big" for roles like Veronica for instance. But what she's gone through is so minor compared to what my colleagues and I go through. And she doesn't lift a single finger to support or uplift anyone other than herself (when she knows she has the kind of following and influence to be able to make an actual difference) so forgive me for being bit hard pressed to care about her "struggles".

I’m not a super fan but I really love theatre… and I’ve literally never heard of ‘newsies’. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So it seems like kinda a step down from the big well known roles in Cinderella and Heathers, if that’s what she’s doing next 😬
Newsies is a big deal. I don’t think it’s ever had a West End run but it’s HUGE in America. There’s Jeremy Jordan and Andrew Kennan-Bolger to name a couple of original broadway cast members. There’s now a filmed version on DisneyPlus as well as the original film it’s based on. It’s certainly not as big as some of the other shows like Les Mis but at least it has a great reputation unlike Cindermehla.

Reactions: 23

Disneylifeonly

VIP Member
Lurker here 👋
Carrie annoys the shit out of me
She got to where she was because her brother is in mcfly. She needs to stop acting like that wasn't a stepping stone.
I'm sick of playing a musical playlist on Spotify and hearing her voice every 3rd song because she has to be in or cover EVERYTHING.
and sorry I don't feel sad for her about the break up because for what I've heard from people who has interacted with her and fans that have met her or even tweeted her, she is a class A, up herself, bitch and who knows, she could have been has high maintenance and as "im better than everyone else" in her relationship.
Carrie, stop being a pick me, you're not unique because you have curly hair, and are a size 14 that likes to read and likes disney.
And stop being a cow to your fans.

And also Carrie you're really not that unique when you've done the most stereotypical thing a girl does after a break up and dyed her hair red

Carrie is becoming the female version or James Corden - being involved in absolutely fucking everything even though nobody wants it or asked for it

• Haha

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
The thing is this is just yet another example of Carrie downplaying her privilege and banging on about the one thing that might make her less privileged but... actually really doesn't? It's like when she'd bang on about not going to drama school while completely glossing over the well-off family who could afford to take her to auditions and pull her out of school for jobs as a child, not to mention the famous brother and social media following.

I'm not saying that bigger women aren't unfairly overlooked in showbusiness. Until recently, West End/Broadway roles for plus-size women were either the comedy roles or parts where being big was the plot point (e.g. Tracy in 'Hairspray' or Effie in 'Dreamgirls'). Obviously things are getting better now ('Six' being a great example) and long may it continue.

However, Carrie acting like she's some trailblazer for not being a size 8 is nothing short of insulting. I don't doubt she's been rejected for roles for not having the right 'look' and I know some have given her shit for it online. But let's not act like her social media fame and the bums it puts on seats hasn't far outweighed that. They literally transposed the score of 'Heathers' down to meet her vocal range. The audience Carrie pulls in will likely get her leading roles for a long time - far more than her size will hold her back.

Also, as people have pointed out, she isn't even that big. By industry standards maybe but she is fundamentally an average-sized, white, able-bodied, privileged woman. She'll never struggle to buy clothes that fit, people don't think it's acceptable to heckle her for her size in the street and she can go into a doctor's surgery for a health issue without her weight being brought into it. And in fact when has Carrie ever tried to uplift bigger actresses before this? The only reason she gives two hoots is because some have said she's too fat to play Eponine/Fantine/Veronica. Once again this is all about her.

TL;DR: Carrie's immense privilege gets her far more roles than her size prevents and her persistent refusal to acknowledge it is doing my tits in.

• Heart

qwerty92

Seems strange that someone would make a new account just to tell us how heartbroken Carrie is. And then to delete it? Really seems like that time Carrie made a fake account before…

ruthg19

Absolutely this.
And all of the talk about her not being fat enough to feel even a sprinkle of satisfaction that for some people she's helping challenge the idea of 'slim/skinny leading lady' makes me feel really f*cking sh*tty about my own body issues. Do I have to be a certain level of fat for my struggles with my body to be valid?

I dont think she's trying to convince folks who have a keen interest in supporting shows that already have that level of self-awareness of how exclusive the leading roles are.
What she is going to have an effect on is the small town attitudes, and the attitudes that pop up even within amateur groups, that I deal with. And hopefully including the member of our audition panel (not while on the panel) who bragged about how slim her heavily pregnant daughter had stayed, and who referred to Tilly Ramsay as a cow (in reference to her size) when she was on Strictly. These people probably don't have the same view on Carrie as this board does, but they know who she is, and now might be more inclined to ask themselves why they're always chosing the skinny girl over the bigger girl for the only interesting female lead in the sh*tty shows that amdram groups are restricted to doing.

Without her stunt casting, and preferential treatment (as a result of her proximity to other peoples fame, and social media following) being masqueraded as merit casting, would Kingsley Morton have genuinely been considered for Wednesday Addams? Or did the feedback from Carrie being in that role, and then going on to being an atypical Veronica help influence the direction that cast decision went in?
Pretty sure that Kingsley Morton got the role of Wednesday because she’s incredibly talented and deserving, not because of any conversation Carrie started about plus sized casting. I think you overestimate her relevance in the industry. Carrie gets cast in things because she has a big online audience. She is not particularly well regarded in the industry itself.

Literally never heard of any of those songs though or the musical and I’m on TikTok a fair amount. Maybe because you specifically like the musical you’re being shown a lot of it because of the algorithm on TT. Agree to disagree and move on 👍🏻
Im not even the biggest fan of the show-never seen the bootleg and never listened to the full soundtrack. Maybe let’s agree that you simply don’t know it yourself but most theatre fans at least have heard the name Newsies. On a forum like this try not to make big generalisations- just because you haven’t heard of it doesn’t mean its a rare show.

Reactions: 22

LitNerd

Chatty Member
“I’ve always wanted to be ginger” … which is why you built and entire personality on being blonde with brown eyes which made you shockingly underrepresented in childrens literature, and caused you to make your character have that combo so you could finally be represented right? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22