Carrie Hope Fletcher #16 Sad Cinderella

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this him having a sly dig? I can’t figure it out - I’ve not watched the musicals show so don’t get the context
oh he’s having a not sly dig..

She does a piece in Big Night of Musicals on wardrobe and stuff in Cinderella and she says it takes seconds and he’s saying it wasn’t seconds and it felt long watching it.

Reactions: 8
She looks so skinny in the face, hope she’s been taken care off. Heartbreak is awful

Reactions: 10
can someone link me to where in the last thread a Friend of Carries confirmed the breakup pre- Instagram post? i must’ve missed that.

also, i feel awful for her. maybe i’m naive but i thought oliver and her seemed very suited - both a bit irritating admittedly but it seemed to work for them, their personalities seemed to match. i’ve been with my boyfriend for just over a year and i’d be devastated if it ended, especially suddenly. five years i can’t imagine.

Reactions: 5
Not a Carrie fan at all. Had not even noticed she hadn't been posting.

But wanted to stop by to say (as I know she'll be reading) that I really admire the honesty in her post and think she was very brave to publicly admit that she is not okay. She could have easily said nothing at all or posted some claptrap about them still being the best of friends, she didn't have to make herself look so vulnerable and for someone who usually can't bare to show even a hint of weakness, it's a huge step.

Take care Carrie, hope you're doing okay.

Reactions: 24
As much as there are things she’s done that I don’t like/agree with, heartbreak is horrible and nobody should have to go through it. 4/5 years is a long time to give yourself to someone and when it ends abruptly, you can’t help but constantly question what if and why. I do like that she hasn’t gone into detail with the matter in hand and I do hope she is being supported.

I wonder whether she’ll private all of the good morning lockdown videos

Reactions: 13
I leave Tattle for four hours and come back to a new thread with three pages already, wow. Ok anyway, I do feel badly for her. It makes you wonder what he did. Did he cheat on her with someone else? Did she give him an ultimatum and said "aight imma head out"? Was he using her? It all seems very odd and sad.

Reactions: 7
I imagine singing this one will be a tough ride too
Poor Carrie, really do feel for her at the moment

Reactions: 4
I leave Tattle for four hours and come back to a new thread with three pages already, wow. Ok anyway, I do feel badly for her. It makes you wonder what he did. Did he cheat on her with someone else? Did she give him an ultimatum and said "aight imma head out"? Was he using her? It all seems very odd and sad.
tbh as someone who’s watched her videos since she started dating alex, i think from the language used it’s been something serious like oliver cheating or some other thing that meant their relationship couldn’t continue. Imho i think Oliver definitely took advantage of Carries slightly, making a youtube channel after not being together that long and moving into her house without having to contribute etc. Carrie is certainly not perfect but i think she has gained a backbone during her relationship journey and i think cheating is probably what would end the relationship suddenly.
Even if it was Oliver not wanting to get married, i think that would be a long conversation spread over time rather than a sudden end.

Reactions: 12
Based on her wording, I think Oliver broke up with her, but didn't cheat. It could've been one of those situations where you realise you're not in love with the person anymore. He found somewhere else to stay pretty quickly. Maybe he knew for a while and was waiting for the right time to tell her, and that's why she was blindsided. No time to persuade him since he was already gone? Might explain why she followed him on the finsta then unfollowed a while later

Reactions: 26
Aww man, poor Carrie. It must be horrible being blindsided by a breakup, with someone she clearly wanted to settle down with and then have to contemplate going into work to sing about heartbreak every night!

Potentially unpopular opinion but I don't think the fact that it was sudden and that Carrie is heartbroken means that Oliver must have done something awful. One of my best friends had her ex-fiance break up with her, completely out of the blue, when they were due to look at wedding venues together in a few days. They'd been together for years and she was totally bewildered. Turns out he'd been having doubts for a long time but had suppressed them until he just couldn't.

Carrie and Oliver's relationship is characterised by being the exciting fling (Carrie herself compared what must have been the early stages to her uni experience) followed by a huge chunk of it being spent in lockdown, alone together, with neither of them able to work. They haven't really had a normal relationship for a lot of it.

Perhaps spending so much time together is when Oliver started having doubts about the relationship but then he hoped going back to work and being able to see other people again would make things better. And then maybe they just served as reminders that he was happier away from the relationship than in it. So they go to Lapland and maybe in Oliver's head it's a make or break type of holiday. Carrie thinks it's magical but maybe for Oliver it wasn't.

We've deduced that Oliver probably broke up with Carrie after that live she did, not long after he came out of COVID isolation. She was expecting a quiet evening with her boyfriend but maybe those days of contemplation, alone, are when Oliver finally plucked up the courage to break up with her. Coming out of isolation was perfect because he could actually take his stuff and go.

Now this doesn't mean Oliver is the devil incarnate if it is the case: Carrie could have ignored huge warning signs thinks weren't working. However, it also doesn't mean Carrie doesn't have a right to be hurt or upset: she loved him and she was blindsided whatever happened. Anyone would be hurt.

I might be wrong but I don't buy the comments saying he MUST have cheated/only been with her for her money/be a giant prick. Relationships break down all the time without it being solely one person's fault. I really do think this could be one of those times.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Aww man, poor Carrie. It must be horrible being blindsided by a breakup, with someone she clearly wanted to settle down with and then have to contemplate going into work to sing about heartbreak every night!

Potentially unpopular opinion but I don't think the fact that it was sudden and that Carrie is heartbroken means that Oliver must have done something awful. One of my best friends had her ex-fiance break up with her, completely out of the blue, when they were due to look at wedding venues together in a few days. They'd been together for years and she was totally bewildered. Turns out he'd been having doubts for a long time but had suppressed them until he just couldn't.

Carrie and Oliver's relationship is characterised by being the exciting fling (Carrie herself compared what must have been the early stages to her uni experience) followed by a huge chunk of it being spent in lockdown, alone together, with neither of them able to work. They haven't really had a normal relationship for a lot of it.

Perhaps spending so much time together is when Oliver started having doubts about the relationship but then he hoped going back to work and being able to see other people again would make things better. And then maybe they just served as reminders that he was happier away from the relationship than in it. So they go to Lapland and maybe in Oliver's head it's a make or break type of holiday. Carrie thinks it's magical but maybe for Oliver it wasn't.

We've deduced that Oliver probably broke up with Carrie after that live she did, not long after he came out of COVID isolation. She was expecting a quiet evening with her boyfriend but maybe those days of contemplation, alone, are when Oliver finally plucked up the courage to break up with her. Coming out of isolation was perfect because he could actually take his stuff and go.

Now this doesn't mean Oliver is the devil incarnate if it is the case: Carrie could have ignored huge warning signs thinks weren't working. However, it also doesn't mean Carrie doesn't have a right to be hurt or upset: she loved him and she was blindsided whatever happened. Anyone would be hurt.

I might be wrong but I don't buy the comments saying he MUST have cheated/only been with her for her money/be a giant prick. Relationships break down all the time without it being solely one person's fault. I really do think this could be one of those times.
I agree with this. I was the Oliver in this situation last year and broke up with my ex after almost 4 years. To them it was sudden, but I’d been repressing feelings of not being happy and not having romantic feelings for them any more for longer than I wanted to admit. I felt awful and guilty, and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt someone I still considered to be a good friend, but I had to put myself first and end the relationship. I’ve no doubt my ex was shocked and upset for a long time after - and I still feel horrible for hurting them - but it couldn’t carry on. It was kinder to both of us in the long run.

I know this is a gossip site but I personally refuse to paint Oliver as the villain until we have proof he actually did something wrong. Yes I feel bad for Carrie, but he’s not automatically the bad guy for breaking up with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Echoing the thoughts on this thread, I feel sorry for her. Whatever’s happened, I hope she’s okay and has her loved ones around her. Sounds like she’s had her world turned upside down very suddenly.

I hope Carrie can rise up bigger and better from this once her heart has healed a little. I wouldn’t wish heartbreak and the subsequent depression on anyone 💔

Reactions: 9
It seems like he ended it then?!
Definitely. She posted in that story that may or may not have been for her finsta about a broken heart and the caption of her latest photo all but confirms it wasn't her doing the dumping what with all the talk of it being unexpected.

Reactions: 4
It seems like he ended it then?!
That's what people are *guessing*, yes. I can't see that anybody really knows what's gone on (or is still going on), except Carrie, Oliver, Debbie, and probably Scott. And maybe Lord Andrew.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.