Carrie Hope Fletcher #14 Hetroflexible with her schedule

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just shows she’s quite superficial about her reading. Likes to have a ‘library’ and organises it by colour just so she can take pictures of them.

Reactions: 12
New video, feels a bit weird unless shes trying to go back in after cinderella? ( I Haven't watched yet will do later)

Reactions: 3
Going to a Mamma Mia audition in Doc Martens and a dress, of course that makes sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I used to be such a book purist when I was younger but now, who has the time to be so prescriptive about how other people enjoy a hobby? I used to think it was sacrilege to deface a book or bend the pages, and the idea of lining them up in colour order seemed against some holy law of libraries.

Now... couldn't care less what other people think, I like my rainbow books that are pleasing on the eye, I know exactly where each book is, and I'll happily write in and bend the pages of my favourite books because the ones I value most are the ones that are worn and tattered and obviously loved. If you're someone who likes keeping your books pristine and alphabetised, no shade at all, that's your choice - but other people can make different ones and that's also fine.

I also read books on my phone and Kindle, just to really trigger any of the aforementioned book purists who are about :LOL:

(Disclaimer: I still think Carrie's lame, I just think there are other reasons to think she's lame beyond how she organises her books.)

Reactions: 16
Going to a Mamma Mia audition in Doc Martens and a dress, of course that makes sense.
love how she is wowed by something that was nine years ago. Nine years! wow!!

Wait till she's actually lived some life and has memories from 4 or 5 decades ago :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How cute to think that nine years ago was so long.

Reactions: 4
I used to be such a book purist when I was younger but now, who has the time to be so prescriptive about how other people enjoy a hobby? I used to think it was sacrilege to deface a book or bend the pages, and the idea of lining them up in colour order seemed against some holy law of libraries.

Now... couldn't care less what other people think, I like my rainbow books that are pleasing on the eye, I know exactly where each book is, and I'll happily write in and bend the pages of my favourite books because the ones I value most are the ones that are worn and tattered and obviously loved. If you're someone who likes keeping your books pristine and alphabetised, no shade at all, that's your choice - but other people can make different ones and that's also fine.

I also read books on my phone and Kindle, just to really trigger any of the aforementioned book purists who are about :LOL:

(Disclaimer: I still think Carrie's lame, I just think there are other reasons to think she's lame beyond how she organises her books.)
lol people are always so bitchy about people on here but get so triggered if you mentioned anything they like. You do your rainbow books, we really don’t care. We’re talking about Carrie.

I’m a librarian and a big reader. I don’t care about any of the tit you mentioned. I love that people read whatever and however they read. For me though, Carrie only reads cause she thinks it makes her quirky and it’s part of her fake aesthetic that she sees herself portraying. It’s all false. You only have to see her ‘reviews’ to see she’s not really into it. Simple as.

Reactions: 17

Don't worry I deface my books too and i'm in no way a book purist - if you look through my books they've all been highlighted within an inch of their life - I don't care how anybody enjoys their hobby - I was simply saying it would be stressful having them in colour order.

Reactions: 3

Admittedly I don’t care how anyone organises their books, I’m sure people out there would think my organisation skills are lacking when it comes to my books. They get thrown into the top of my wardrobe when I’m finished because I don’t have any bookshelves. I think the reason it annoys so many of us is because Carrie obviously has a lot of books and hasn’t read the majority of them and when she does videos about the books she has ‘read’ she doesn’t give any information beyond the blurb. The fact that you write in and ear mark your books shows that you read your books a lot and that they are well loved. Carrie’s more recent book videos seem like she has barely read the hundreds of books that she owns and is just going off what other people have said. She obviously has read some of them, but when it comes to talking about them she is awful. I watch booktubers who can talk about one book for 20mins in depth, when Carrie does her book videos she reads the blurb and moves on within 2 minutes. I can read the blurb easily anywhere- can she give any thing more to make me want to read it?

Reactions: 9
lol people are always so bitchy about people on here but get so triggered if you mentioned anything they like. You do your rainbow books, we really don’t care. We’re talking about Carrie.

I’m a librarian and a big reader. I don’t care about any of the tit you mentioned. I love that people read whatever and however they read. For me though, Carrie only reads cause she thinks it makes her quirky and it’s part of her fake aesthetic that she sees herself portraying. It’s all false. You only have to see her ‘reviews’ to see she’s not really into it. Simple as.
'I love that people read whatever and however they read, except this one particular person who isn't reading in a way I deem correct' :ROFLMAO:

I do agree her 'book lover' facade lacks all authenticity. It's like with theatre, she's not interested in wider theatre, she's interested in CARRIE in theatre. She's not that into books, she's interested in what books can do for Carrie (whether she's writing them or being sent free copies). But you can't say you accept however and whatever people read, then say she's doing it wrong. Pick a lane.

Admittedly I don’t care how anyone organises their books, I’m sure people out there would think my organisation skills are lacking when it comes to my books. They get thrown into the top of my wardrobe when I’m finished because I don’t have any bookshelves. I think the reason it annoys so many of us is because Carrie obviously has a lot of books and hasn’t read the majority of them and when she does videos about the books she has ‘read’ she doesn’t give any information beyond the blurb. The fact that you write in and ear mark your books shows that you read your books a lot and that they are well loved. Carrie’s more recent book videos seem like she has barely read the hundreds of books that she owns and is just going off what other people have said. She obviously has read some of them, but when it comes to talking about them she is awful. I watch booktubers who can talk about one book for 20mins in depth, when Carrie does her book videos she reads the blurb and moves on within 2 minutes. I can read the blurb easily anywhere- can she give any thing more to make me want to read it?
Exactly! Call her out for clearly not knowing anything about the books she's read beyond what's on the cover, but calling her out for putting them on the bookshelf in a certain order seems weird. There are WAY more annoying things about her that we can focus on here :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
'I love that people read whatever and however they read, except this one particular person who isn't reading in a way I deem correct' :ROFLMAO:

I do agree her 'book lover' facade lacks all authenticity. It's like with theatre, she's not interested in wider theatre, she's interested in CARRIE in theatre. She's not that into books, she's interested in what books can do for Carrie (whether she's writing them or being sent free copies). But you can't say you accept however and whatever people read, then say she's doing it wrong. Pick a lane.

Exactly! Call her out for clearly not knowing anything about the books she's read beyond what's on the cover, but calling her out for putting them on the bookshelf in a certain order seems weird. There are WAY more annoying things about her that we can focus on here :ROFLMAO:
ok you’ve also contradicted yourself. You say Carrie’s only into books because of what they can do for her. That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m saying her interest in books is mostly put on and false and it’s to outwardly portray something about herself. Her rainbow bookshelves are a part of that - it’s shallow. I honestly don’t care that she does it, in my original post about it I just said it highlights that her book content is all for the aesthetic. I also call her out for not really giving us much about the books she reads cause she’s not really that bothered about them. My statement still stands about others reading whatever they want - my point is that I’d rather Carrie didn’t post any book content because it’s just all very shallow.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Slightly OT, but does anyone know what happened to Johnny Vickers? Lmao she acted like she was the first person to ever discover what a platonic friendship is when he was first introduced.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Oh I'm definitely not a book purist either as a librarian (lol the way I treat books sometimes would not impress people), but Carrie seems to think she is a book purist, being a keen reader is seen as an 'intellectual pursuit' so it's a good hobby (to pretend) to have if you want to look intelligent! But organising by colour is just not a very logical thing to do in my view

Reactions: 2
Thing is with Carrie is she has no authenticity to her. Everything is done for appearances sake for social media. This has been proven time and time again, so the ordering books by colour is no different. It's just for appearances on social media, not because she actually thinks it looks good. I'm not actually sure she really knows who she is as she has spent so many years basing her life off of likes and views.The whole image she is currently desperately trying to cultivate is one of intellectual literary creative.

Reactions: 16
Seems like she’s still obessed with talking about le mis, does anyone ever think she’s gonna get a different role or even try something new?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Seems like she’s still obessed with talking about le mis, does anyone ever think she’s gonna get a different role or even try something new?
I hope not. She’s not exactly old or funny enough to be Madame Thenardire. She’s too old to play Èponine, and Fantine would be beating a dead horse at this point. I think it’ll be a long time before Carrie is back on stage.

Reactions: 9
The same old boring content of Carrie reviewing shows she's been in. Yawn.

Carrie you've been in the same shows over and over again. Come back when you've got something new to say

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is going to be a short series then considering she repeatedly returns to the same show.
Can’t wait for the Cinderella one. Got rolled out everywhere as the face of the show, messed up WEL, didn’t go to work, had a load of rows on Twitter about how I’m not the face of the show, threw some shade at the man who pays my wage, had a few more days off, got the cast to throw shade at the man who pays their wage, show gets shut down…

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.