Carrie Hope Fletcher #12 she bloc, she attac, but most importantly, she has snac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She just never learns when to stop being defensive and tone deaf does she?! She's had so many social media dramas like this you'd think she would learn to grow a thicker skin or get out of the industry. Seriously!!

Reactions: 17
Oh wow her comment is actually embarrassing. There was no need for her to watch the video or comment at all. Isn’t rule number 1 of performing to just carry on if you make a mistake? So she messes up and spends the rest of the performance annoyed at herself about it. She’s very unprofessional and not capable of being a leading lady. I think she needs to go back and do a few years in the ensemble.
Just to add - not because the ensemble is lesser (although Carrie thinks it is) but because she needs to learn a few things about working in theatre. You don’t start in teaching as headteacher. You get full training and teach for years to learn how schools work and gain essential lessons over the years before you’re ready to work up. Same as in any industry. She’s skipped some steps and it shows.

She needs to learn some essential skills about singing, acting and dancing too but that’s a whole other thing.

Reactions: 30
It also shows how she really can't handle or take criticism. Imagine in life if you came up with that many excuses everytime you did something wrong in your job. Assuming she also searched her name again to find that video
Again, why did she choose this as her career? She obviously can’t handle it.

Reactions: 16
She’s also saying she was off after WEL cause of her voice but also to recover mentally. To me that just confirms what we all thought on here that she was essentially having a strop about it and took time off. I agree with what someone else said that ‘anxiety attack’ and ‘imposter syndrome’ is her being manipulative.
‘To recover mentally’. Jesus, she wouldn’t last a minute in health/social care.

Reactions: 16
That vocal coach made a good point about the staging, why did they choose that song when the staging makes NO sense out of context

Reactions: 25
In normal times isn't WEL like within the first week of the new Les Mis cast starting? They still manage to do pretty well lol
Yep, WEL used to be at the end of the first week for new Les Mis casts - this year they hadn’t even opened yet, not the only show in that position!
Carrie saying “it’s always early in contracts” is because that’s her experience of it with Les Mis and Heathers (which was arranged last minute). For example, Phantom cast change used to be early September, so any WEL performers in past years would have been near the end of their contracts.

Also, Carrie, just to remind you that you posted just the other week about not having to explain yourself to people.

Reactions: 13
Carrie's comment reminds me of when Eiza Gonzalez (actress) got called out for calling the paparazzi on herself and instead of ignoring the comment she replied a whole paragraph defending herself. The person she responded to commented on a paparazzi/celebrity account so she must have dug for it.
Carrie should have just ignored the video and have stayed away from the comment section, it just looks embarrassing.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
She is so horrible these days it's embarrassing, and I can't decide if it's worth watching this slow-motion train wreck that is her life.

Reactions: 13
two shows i can think of who use revolvers in their show and didn’t use them in live performances…. hamilton and hadestown

example hamilton… this is the staging for satisfied (the revolve is used) and hamilton

the second part of this performance is the schuyler sister on WEL (starts at the 4 minute mark)

example hadestown… this is the staging for way wait for me (sorry for it being a bootleg clip)

and this is the gma performance (second half starting at 2 minute mark, even then way down hadestown is revolve based as well)

just 2 examples of a cast being able to carry a song even without their correct stages and props

• Heart
Reactions: 14
two shows i can think of who use revolvers in their show and didn’t use them in live performances…. hamilton and hadestown

example hamilton… this is the staging for satisfied (the revolve is used) and hamilton

the second part of this performance is the schuyler sister on WEL (starts at the 4 minute mark)

example hadestown… this is the staging for way wait for me (sorry for it being a bootleg clip)

and this is the gma performance (second half starting at 2 minute mark, even then way down hadestown is revolve based as well)

just 2 examples of a cast being able to carry a song even without their correct stages and props
Even Les Mis, in the old production they use the revolve heavily during On My Own and One Day More which are always done at West End Live without the revolve

Reactions: 12
That comment is disgusting imo. Can’t believe she still has a career. I’m sorry, but when was the last time you saw someone like Audra McDonald write a fat paragraph to any of her critics talking about her mental health when she had a bad performance (she probably wouldn’t have a bad performance bc she’s a queen, but still)?? Carrie is a grown bleeping woman who is leading a west end show and cannot handle criticism on YouTube video with 3,000 views. It’s just pathetic. It’s really starting to piss me off, to the point where I just need her to fall from grace already so that she’ll be humbled.

Reactions: 24
That comment is disgusting imo. Can’t believe she still has a career. I’m sorry, but when was the last time you saw someone like Audra McDonald write a fat paragraph to any of her critics talking about her mental health when she had a bad performance (she probably wouldn’t have a bad performance bc she’s a queen, but still)?? Carrie is a grown bleeping woman who is leading a west end show and cannot handle criticism on YouTube video with 3,000 views. It’s just pathetic. It’s really starting to piss me off, to the point where I just need her to fall from grace already so that she’ll be humbled.
I'm going to watch the voice coach video and give it a thumbs up 👍

Reactions: 12
I just have this feeling Carrie might suddenly ‘take a step back’ from performing after Cinderella. And she’ll make it seem like it’s her choice because of her mental health etc. But it’s more likely she’ll struggle to get hired in the type of role that she wants.

Edit to add: unless there’s a new/underhyped show that needs her name to get sales. (Addams, heathers, Cinderella all did this so I guess that’s her thing now.)

Reactions: 23
I just have this feeling Carrie might suddenly ‘take a step back’ from performing after Cinderella. And she’ll make it seem like it’s her choice because of her mental health etc. But it’s more likely she’ll struggle to get hired in the type of role that she wants.
I agree, though I really can't imagine what job she would get for herself after. She's too thin skinned (and egotistical) to do any customer service stuff, too selfish to do something like social care, too attention seeking to be happy sitting in an office, anonymous, in the corner like the rest of us. Her book deals will dry up once the publishers find another influencer to use. What will she actually do?

Reactions: 8
I agree, though I really can't imagine what job she would get for herself after. She's too thin skinned (and egotistical) to do any customer service stuff, too selfish to do something like social care, too attention seeking to be happy sitting in an office, anonymous, in the corner like the rest of us. Her book deals will dry up once the publishers find another influencer to use. What will she actually do?
I wonder if doughnut time are hiring.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Imagine her behind counter at local Krispy kreme
‘Hi I asked for the biscoff and you gave me an original glazed.’

‘Don’t know why you’re complaining. You came for a donut and you got a donut.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
‘Hi I asked for the biscoff and you gave me an original glazed.’

‘Don’t know why you’re complaining. You came for a donut and you got a donut.’
All while giving the customer...the face

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.