Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Imagine her behind counter at local Krispy kreme
‘Hi I asked for the biscoff and you gave me an original glazed.’

‘Don’t know why you’re complaining. You came for a donut and you got a donut.’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

kev1974

VIP Member
ha ha ha ha ha. I don't know who's done this but well done. To the tune of "Bad Cinderella":

1636280610936.png

• Haha
Reactions: 46

LylaJovana

You just know she spent all day rehearsing the time warp dance to smugly show how much better she can do it than everyone else. So embarrassingly transparent. :rolleyes:

amanda-friends.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 43

figgypud

Chatty Member
She's overexplaining to the point that her mentioning having an anxiety attack and having imposter syndrome comes across as very manipulative. The vocal coach wasn't harsh at all and I'm embarrassed that Carrie is telling her things about the audio in her mountain of a paragraph that I'm sure the coach knows - like the sound changing when there is a crowd vs not. Literally just say things didn't go your way and it wasn't a good performance and move on, nobody needs an entire sob story.

Reactions: 41

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Are people actually saying they are ‘disappointed IN THEM’ or just ‘disappointed IN GENERAL’

it’s two very different things and I can’t help but think Carrie is cleverly wording this.

Someone tweeting
‘really disappointed I didn’t get to see you in the show last night’
and
‘really disappointed in you for not being in the show last night’
for example.

Are two COMPLETELY different things. Carrie as an author should know this. I can’t help but think she’s picking out words that suit her narrative and being manipulative

Reactions: 39

on-toast91

Carrie, your face is plastered all over the Gillian Lynne, you have been the face of ALL the promotion material (Children in need, All Stars Musical, newspaper interviews etc). You have endlessly bragged that you are the original lead of Cinderella. You and ALW threw a tantrum when our useless government pushed back the lift of lockdown, totally disrespecting everyone who has made sacrifices so you could sit comfortably at home for 18 months. You yourself stated that you could not wait to get back to theatre and perform.

And then you open. And have endless amounts of time off. People have the right to be annoyed when you take unscheduled time off when YOU have been marketed as Cinderella and have never shut up about it since it was announced. Not everyone is loaded and privileged like you and taking a trip down to London is something they may only get the opportunity to do once in a blue moon.

Sorry for the rant but she just drives me nuts with her endless self victimisation lol. People shouldn’t be hateful towards her, but most the people she takes on haven’t actually said anything nasty or even rude to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

ruthg19

Sorry, I know the thread has moved on a bit, but going back to Carrie posting expensive fan gifts - I understand wanting to express gratitude, but she should be careful about how it could make other fans feel. You can’t post everything, of course, but if she just posts and talks about her favourite gifts, fans who gave other gifts could feel disheartened.

I’ve talked about this before, but when I was a huge Carrie stan (I was like 14/15 and loved the whole ‘big sister’ thing), I made her this fan book and gave it to her at a meet & greet - it was nothing that special, just some memories of the favourite things I’ve seen her in, and some other fan messages I’d collected online. Regardless, I’d put a lot of work in. Not only did I never get a thank you card (I put my return address in the book), I distinctly remember her doing a gift unwrapping video from that exact meet & greet, and I was low key disappointed that she never spoke about my gift. She hyped up expensive lush gift boxes and lovely beauty products, but I would’ve liked to have seen just a little mention.

Reactions: 37

bumblebee1991

Heathers is returning to the Other Palace this winter, more changes for Carrie to constantly repeat she’s not going to be in it BUT she was the original UK Veronica and only can’t do it because she’s on Cinderella didn’t you know? 🙄
‘As much as I would love to be in two places at once, I’ve had my time at Westerburg High and have graduated to Belleville! Xxx’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

Lolly505

VIP Member
Screenshot_20211109-163643_Twitter.jpg

Much like how influencers want to get public forums banned because they don't like them 😏

Reactions: 34

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Unfortunately I think it may have passed the 24hrs for the stories to be up but honestly Lucie Jones’ last Q&A was so refreshing compared to Carrie’s - I don’t like to compare women or anything like that and I hope it doesn’t come across as that, I more mean that for their age group and role range in UK theatre Lucie seems to have quickly stepped far more into that relatable approachable well known “star” that people feel like they can ask advice from in these Q&As for example (within reason obviously) - these are the two examples that really stood out I couldn’t imagine Carrie even attempting to answer let alone giving supportive answers

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Kitt

VIP Member
I’d have respected her more if she said “touché! I guess there’s an exception if it’s family and you want to show your support for them” but no…
Don’t understand what there is to misunderstand though?

She said you get to see the show regardless of who’s in it. ‘You pay to see Cinderella and you saw Cinderella.’ She wants to go see the show to see Gi in it. People pay to see Cinderella because Carrie is in it. I’m sure she wouldn’t go on a night Gi has off because she’s specifically going for Gi. If she turned up and Gi suddenly wasn’t able to perform she’d be disappointed as she went to see Gi. It’s the exact same as her fans wanting to see her to support her.

JJusa69

VIP Member
Oh my GOD Carrie.
Move fucking on from WEL.
Stop making excuses for your bad performance.
Literally everyone is in the same boat at WEL, you're not special and neither is your show. Everyone has to perform on the same stage with the same sound issues.