Carrie Hope Fletcher #12 she bloc, she attac, but most importantly, she has snac

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sort of summary in no particular order

• she ran a marothon (and we’re all actually proud of her)
• she’s still going at it with the bowing videos
• the only positive thing a castmate could say about her was that “she’s got snacks”
• she keeps missing shows for unexplained reasons
• tried fighting a fan who was disappointed because she missed the show they saw (but denies being stunt casted)
• alw is trying to get cinderella to broadway by 2022, will he drag carrie along?
• she’s still making everybody else’s problems about her
• had a lovely discussion about what roles we could see carrie getting in the future (the list was very small)
• also it’s carries poomkins (oliver) birthday today if you hadn’t noticed

is there anything i missed??

Reactions: 13
-She is talking about having an off show where she did a terrible job but is probably fishing for compliments.
-We are not sure if she breaking rules or not by promoting her clothes collaboration without saying she worked on it.
-She is probably going through something because she keeps rebloging stories about “difficult” people to work with is because you don’t like to see them success or something.

Reactions: 12
Still find it so sad that the only good thing her cast mates can say about her is that she has food. Exchanging money for goods and services isn’t a personality trait, Carrie. She’s one step away from filming herself giving food to people who sleep rough.

Reactions: 9
Still find it so sad that the only good thing her cast mates can say about her is that she has food. Exchanging money for goods and services isn’t a personality trait, Carrie. She’s one step away from filming herself giving food to people who sleep rough
The worst part about that isn’t that having food is the compliment. It’s that she puts her cast mates in the corner and forces them to compliment her. How insecure do you have to be to do that?

Reactions: 11
Still find it so sad that the only good thing her cast mates can say about her is that she has food. Exchanging money for goods and services isn’t a personality trait, Carrie. She’s one step away from filming herself giving food to people who sleep rough.
I'm sure we're not far off from that happening! Does anyone remember the Twitter saga during her first run as Fantine where she was approached by a homeless (and shoeless according to Carrie) girl? The girl approached Carrie as she had seen her face on the Les Mis posters round town and I quote 'seemed like a kind person'. They both cried and Carrie personally got her into a hostel... press X to doubt...

Reactions: 16
Fell into a loophole on nightshift and watched all of the Addams family vlogs I miss Oliver’s innocence. He comes across as cocky now

Reactions: 13
Vocal coach reacts to West End Live:

And obv Carrie has to overexplain herself:
I loved this review! You can tell she’s still trying to be nice because she keeps excusing herself for saying something negative but she’s also not just saying bad things about Carrie’s vocals but the choreography etc as well. Just shows again why did they choose this song for WEL? Not showing the show in it’s best light because no ones got a clue what’s going on!

Reactions: 12
I've never seen anyone purposefully draw this much attention to their bad day at work. Also, was it tech issues or was she sick? Everytime people are mean about a performance she goes right back to 'well i was sick'. All the excuses in that comment with regards to the revolve and restating just prove it wasn't the song for WEL.

Reactions: 29
I've never seen anyone purposefully draw this much attention to their bad day at work. Also, was it tech issues or was she sick? Everytime people are mean about a performance she goes right back to 'well i was sick'. All the excuses in that comment with regards to the revolve and restating just prove it wasn't the song for WEL.
It also shows how she really can't handle or take criticism. Imagine in life if you came up with that many excuses everytime you did something wrong in your job. Assuming she also searched her name again to find that video

Reactions: 20
Omg I’m glad I found a thread for her- I used to lurk on her GG thread and think my god this girl cannot take any form of criticism. Always the victim!

Reactions: 18
It also shows how she really can't handle or take criticism. Imagine in life if you came up with that many excuses everytime you did something wrong in your job. Assuming she also searched her name again to find that video
I know. If you knew that was your worst performance why would you watch the video. You know it was bad and therefore the person reacting to it is going to say it was bad. You are hurting your own feelings at that point.

Reactions: 21

My goodness, that absolute word spew of an "apology" that she's posted there. I'm putting it in a spoiler in case she gets wise enough to delete it (or ALW tells her to when he sees it) so we have it in text form as well as your screenshot. Did she read back what she typed there? I'm guessing not, just bashed the keyboard for five minutes and furiously hit submit. Are her books this badly composed, before they are proof read and vague grammar inserted by others for her? How can a published author be this hamfisted in her writing?

All the tit about "early in the run" and "missing revolves" and "don't get any rehearsal time on that stage", and yet all the other shows/performers manage to pull something together just fine. And you see videos of folks like Rachel York rehearsing to come into Anything Goes for just a few weeks with mad amounts of dancing and they're already flawless. The WEL stage is just a blank box, petal. You're telling me, that knowing how important to the show promotion that performance was going to be, you couldn't just find a standard rehearsal room and rehearse rehearse rehearse till you can do it without a revolve? How hard can it really be to go from "with revolve" to "no revolve", honestly? All the other shows manage to rehearse both their full shows and a separate "promote the show" set piece for when they're invited on The One Show or BGT etc, why hasn't ALW Cinderella got something that's 3.5 minutes long and fantastic ready? I guess the problem here is that to do some rehearsals means actually turning up and not sitting at home playing with your cat.

I think she thought she'd got away with it by getting Andy to get the official videos taken down. But then this video has been posted a month later and she's furious. Andy's going to have to work much harder to get this one taken down. Hence the half-assed apology in the last couple of lines when she has not apologised before now (to the public). She is crazy. Should have either posted something short and laughing at herself like just "yeah that wasn't my best was it (smiley face) sorry there was a lot going on at the time, every performance since then has been marvellous!" or just ignored it altogether!

Hello! Carrie here. It pains me to see you reacting to literally THE single worst performance I've ever given on any stage. And I say that without a hint of exaggeration. So for full context, here's what happened. I will never be more nervous at West End Live. It's always at the start of a contract when you're only a month or so into performances and are still finding your feet/still in rehearsals so you're shattered, it's on a stage that isn't big enough to hold the entire cast (and we have revolves that are in action during this song which the West End Live stage doesn't have) so you have to come in for extra rehearsals to change all the staging and you only get a 10 minute slot on the WEL stage itself a few days before the performance to block and sound check and it's in front of an audience thousands bigger than you're used to performing in front of. That sound check is also pointless because the sound changes entirely when Trafalgar Square is full of people. You also have it in the back of your head that if you mess up, people will be filming it because they're allowed to at WEL. On this particular occasion, I was coming off the back of being under the weather (to the point where conversations were had about whether I should be doing West End Live at all...) and having a stressful couple of months leading up to this event so I was already going into West End Live on the back foot. So when I got up on that tree trunk and couldn't hear the music right from the off...it was the icing on the cake. Right from the beginning I couldn't hear what little intro this song has anyway to hit "Bad Cinderella". As I was dragged up and down the stage and the wind was blowing, it sounded like the track kept changing key and I had no idea if I was still with it. Then in the middle eight where it's just drums, I lost the track entirely and did go off key completely which is why I ended up singing a lower note on "game". When the music came back in I got back on key but spent the rest of the song absolutely mortified, embarrassed and annoyed with myself. During the interview that came after the song, I was fighting back tears. I came off stage and had what I can only explain as an anxiety attack which was a result of the last couple of months but West End Live was the tipping point. The video has been taken down off of the Official London Theatre website because the point of West End Live is to represent your show and this performance was not a true representation of the show at all. I sent an apology to my cast and creative team after this performance and took a couple days away from the show to recover vocally from being under the weather and to feel a bit stronger mentally moving forwards, too. So please know that I came away from this performance with my tail between my legs, filled with imposter syndrome and spent an entire weekend beating myself up for giving a performance that bad. Huge apologies to anyone who watched this live, too. I promise the show (and I) are much better than this. <3

• Wow
Reactions: 23

All the excuses she gave - small stage, reduced cast, new blocking, bad sound, etc applies to everyone who performed at WEL and most still managed a decent performance.
She needs to let it go and stop drawing attention to it. It's so unprofessional.

Reactions: 29
All the excuses she gave - small stage, reduced cast, new blocking, bad sound, etc applies to everyone who performed at WEL and most still managed a decent performance.
She needs to let it go and stop drawing attention to it. It's so unprofessional.
I mean there are always even several shows at WEL that aren't open yet, or are just very small runs at a concert hall or something. And they still manage to put something together to show off their event.

I can't see how she can ever lead a show again after these unprofressional performances and tantrums afterwards.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.