Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How on earth does she get away with this? ⬆
Easy, she manages to make the other person look like the villain here, acting as if they put unfair pressure on her thus causing her more problems. It's a very good tactic tbh and it works for her every single time because she gets no pushback from people in her industry. She always attacks fans and gets other fans to attack them too.

Reactions: 12
View attachment 803502
She's really selling the show for people.
Distinct lack of empathy

These things can be handled so much better, and usually are by other west end actors.

People shouldn't keep tagging actors in to express their disappointment, but they are allowed to be disappointed. You are making money from them and you're career is thanks to them. Respect them. Either ignore the messages or just put out a friendly apology. Don't act all superior to your minions as if they are a problem and don't have a right to be disappointed after spending possibly half a month's rent on tickets (if a family for example).

That tweet is basically a duck you what's your problem to her fans and followers

I've said it before, but for a writer she is appaling at expressing herself, especially in the written word

Reactions: 16
Right?? And how is that possible? How does someone with the jobs like hers have the time and motivation to seek out comments to start another drama and play the victim in yet another self-created outrage?? I'd feel sorry for her that she feels like her life is so unfulfilling and that she's that insecure, but she behaves like an ass, every single time. Insecurity doesnt have to manifest itself in being awful to others. But with Carrie, it always does.
Yup. What bothers me the most is that she knows people came to see her as Cinderella.
View attachment 803502
She's really selling the show for people.
What bothers me the most is that she very well knows that people came to see her and not the show. She can’t have tantrums every time someone calls her out. Does she realize that probably no one is gonna want to work with her after her contract is up?

Reactions: 11
Also, if you look at the time stamp on the tweets they’re from like 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning. Carrie, go to bed instead of doom scrolling through Twitter so you won’t be tired and have to call out.

Reactions: 16
Literally all she had to do was tweet “i am so sorry I wasn’t able to preform and I’m honoured you were so excited to see me, however these things happen and I hope you enjoyed the show!” Why does she need to be such a dick about it
Tbh she doesn’t have to say anything. She’s the one to chooses to go through her mentions on twitter when she’s called out of the show. It’s as if she’s trying punish herself. If she feels that bad about calling out, social media is the worst place to go.

Reactions: 17
She’s annoyed me so much today lol , if I spoke to people like in my job I’d be fired and trust me sometime I do wanna shout at people sometimes 😂 but I’m in work and I have to be professional! The way she conducts herself on social media is not nice or professional at all and makes her very unlikable

Reactions: 18
The thing is, I'm sure other musical theatre/West end performers see her behavior and likely disagree with her, but because 99% of them are classier and don't want to stoop to her level, they will never say anything to her. So she thinks she's right and because her minions back her every single time, there is no reason to change her behavior. Plus, she lacks class, that's basically it.

Reactions: 8
Carrie Hope Fletcher #12 Constant Twitter rows, Smug whilst taking bows… how much longer will she be ALW’s cash cow? 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She’s very lucky in her industry. If someone calls in sick, there’s always someone around, be it an alternate, a cover, or a swing, to step in. Occasionally she has to deal with seeing a tweet complaining about it. That’s it. In most jobs, calling in sick is so difficult. I used to work in a shop and if somebody calls in sick, there’s nobody to cover them. You don’t have swings waiting in the stock room to come out last minute to cover a shop assistant. 😂 This is the same for most jobs. You have to deal with your boss getting angry, the shop being short-staffed and your workload increased, and it’s a bleeping nightmare. I once called in sick and my boss outright said ‘No. You have to come in. Somebody is on holiday and somebody has already called in sick. If you don’t come in, there’s not enough staff to keep the shop open legally.’ I was genuinely so ill though so still said no so the shop had to shut and I had to deal with my boss’s anger the next day. The other colleague that was supposed to be in that day missed out on that day’s pay so I worked for free the next day so she could be paid for it.

Carrie is lucky that she can call in sick and the job isn’t affected, the show still goes on, and she has the privilege of being a ‘star’ so she won’t get fired for excessive days off. I know someone that got fired on the spot because she was called in to work last minute on a day she doesn’t normally work, and she was a single mum with a baby. She couldn’t get childcare at such short notice and she got fired. (Pretty sure that’s illegal but it’s what happened). All Carrie has to deal with is the odd complaint and she blows them well out of proportion by taking them so personally and getting so defensive, and she embarrasses herself online. The only reason she thinks it’s okay is because her rude attitude is supported by her loyal fans who worship the tit that comes out of her arse. It’s like that time (about a decade ago) Justin Bieber got called out for pissing on someone’s property and all of his fans defended it. This is very common with narcissists. I’m currently in therapy for narcissistic abuse and I’ve learnt that the term ‘flying monkey’ means the people that narcissists ‘recruit’ to jump to their defence all the time. A narcissist can do whatever they want because their flying monkeys will defend them. Carrie is textbook medium-level narcissistic. (She’s not full-blown ABUSIVE NPD narc but she has a LOT of narcissistic traits). Interestingly, my therapist also recently mentioned how narcissists do good deeds publicly and broadcast them so people think they’re a good person. She said ‘Most good people do good deeds and don’t brag about it on social media. Anyone who does is waving a huge red flag for narcissism.’ Didn’t even think about the narcissists I’ve had in my own life, I actually immediately thought of Carrie and her doughnuts. 😂

Reactions: 14

Yes they do Carrie, but it couldn’t have been either of those in this case because you wouldn’t have been allowed to do the evening show. The only reason I can think of is that she had another job commitment crop up “last minute” and they were willing to let her miss one show for it. You aren’t normally allowed to take one show of a two show day as holiday (at least that is the information I have been told by West End performers in the past).

Reactions: 9
So sad that she doesn’t go to work and then searches Twitter to see who’s disappointed she’s not there. It’s like an ego boost for her. She’d fake her own death and then go undercover at her own funeral to see people cry over her.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
So sad that she doesn’t go to work and then searches Twitter to see who’s disappointed she’s not there. It’s like an ego boost for her. She’d fake her own death and then go undercover at her own funeral to see people cry over.
Maybe it’s time she quits Twitter. It’s obviously doing nothing for her mental health. I deleted mine back in May and I couldn’t be happier. But we all know that will never happen.

Reactions: 13

Yes they do Carrie, but it couldn’t have been either of those in this case because you wouldn’t have been allowed to do the evening show. The only reason I can think of is that she had another job commitment crop up “last minute” and they were willing to let her miss one show for it. You aren’t normally allowed to take one show of a two show day as holiday (at least that is the information I have been told by West End performers in the past).
Holidays are booked in advance and illness doesn’t just last a morning. duck off carrie you entitled brat.
Does she not have management advising her how to handle social media and pr

Reactions: 18
She’s had a lotttt of days off recently with short notice. My manager would be asking what’s going on. The paying customers have a right to ask the same.

Reactions: 21
If she can't do shows because of mental health problems (possible and totally plausible) then she definitely should NOT be on twitter. How does she have nobody in her life who looks out for her?

Reactions: 13
I was only thinking yesterday she’s had a lot of time off relatively early into this show. As others have pointed out she’s very lucky to be in a position where she’s able to do so. Last week I was unwell (nothing contagious) and I had no choice but to go to work as I’m on probation and this could result in me not passing and I wouldn’t have received any sick pay and this would have screwed me over on payday as we don’t all have multiple sources of income, Carrie, and I can promise you I work hard. I previously worked in care and we were so understaffed we couldn’t go off sick unless we got another colleague to cover us (not even sure that’s allowed but they weren’t brilliant) and we rarely did find that cover. I once went into work with a migraine as nobody could cover me and I would have lost my job if I didn’t go in. My partner found out a childhood friend had passed away whilst he was on shift and whilst he was devastated I couldn’t go home early due to being understaffed, in fact he had to stay late as nobody else turned up! I know people who’ve been fired for illness, struggling with childcare and having time off for personal emergencies. I wish Carrie realised this is how working class people live. I’m not trying to make this post all about me by the way, I’m trying to say that she has no idea what it’s like having a job outside of theatre and she has a terrible work ethic.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.