Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Pick Me mentioned the documentary about Michael Schumacher yet? My earliest memories involve watching him on F1 and I grew up alongside his career and I really don’t think my brain will accept her trying to act like he is someone she’s cared about for longer than a month.
She doesn't even know who Michael Schumacher is I guarantee it.

Reactions: 9
So &Juliet opened tonight abs Grace Moat (apologies for spelling) is literally watching the show before she starts as alternate Juliet, doing something very similar to when Carrie herself was given a ticket to see Chitty before she took over as Truly so I get it’s not exactly the same as just “buying a ticket” which is probably what carrie meant in her last Q&A but it’s certainly been proved to be a Carrie-ism more than something that’s ingrained across theatre it seems

Reactions: 3
I think her “I grew up poor” complex must come from the fact that she went to a private school (paid for by her brother). So she probably only saw people who had a lot more than her. What she doesn’t realise is that, had she gone to the local comp, she would actually recognise just how privileged she was. There are so many kids whose only hot meal is their school dinner. But I guess all she saw were the kids who were constantly going out to fancy restaurants and always had the latest gadgets or whatever.

Reactions: 22
Did she ever say what work she was doing regarding Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat?? It’s one of my favourite guilty pleasure musicals but if she ever ends up as The Narrator, that’ll be it.

Did she ever say what work she was doing regarding Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat?? It’s one of my favourite guilty pleasure musicals but if she ever ends up as The Narrator, that’ll be it.
I’ll be absolutely devastated if she is the Narrator 😭 I need a classically trained soprano not that belty-witch

Reactions: 8
She doesn't even know who Michael Schumacher is I guarantee it.
Probably not, which is wild if she claims to be an F1 fan. M Schumacher, Eddie Irvine and Mika Hakkinen are F1 to me. But in fairness I couldn’t name any contemporary racers except Mick Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton.

You think she’d be all about the Schummys though. Family dynasty and all that.

Reactions: 6
I think her “I grew up poor” complex must come from the fact that she went to a private school (paid for by her brother). So she probably only saw people who had a lot more than her. What she doesn’t realise is that, had she gone to the local comp, she would actually recognise just how privileged she was. There are so many kids whose only hot meal is their school dinner. But I guess all she saw were the kids who were constantly going out to fancy restaurants and always had the latest gadgets or whatever.
This is (in my opinion) a valid argument when you're just out of school and don't check your privilege but when you're nearing 30 it's just pathetic. Says a lot about her that in over a decade she hasn't realized how privileged she is and what truly poor means. This was me after high school, I didn't go to a private school for most of my schooling but my school district included one of the top 10 richest zip codes in the country so because we were basically middle class in our area I assumed we were middle class in the rest of the country, nope. It took me less than a year of college to realize how privileged I was.

Maybe Uni would have helped her with this but even if she hadn't had exposure at work from people who have worked their butts off to get roles she would be offended to be offered, this is something people should realize if they're capable of empathy and reading the news.

Reactions: 19
Haven't been here in a long time. Even missed a whole thread. I did she her have a melt down over her West end live show. I suppose her boss must have BEEN Angry.

I remember her reading that book from her bookish videos now it's a movie and she is taking a part in it.

Reactions: 1
I’ll be absolutely devastated if she is the Narrator 😭 I need a classically trained soprano not that belty-witch
I was watching a thing about them making the singer easier for Sheridan and Alexa Burke, plus replacing some of the brothers and characters like the baker with kids. The narrator stopping singing to dance a robot conga with the kids was enough to put me off the modern day version!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I was watching a thing about them making the singer easier for Sheridan and Alexa Burke, plus replacing some of the brothers and characters like the baker with kids. The narrator stopping singing to dance a robot conga with the kids was enough to put me off the modern day version!
I was apprehensive about that but I saw it this summer and was very lucky to see Linzi Hatley in the role. She was amazing and made the changes work. The Narrator has more comedic role in the new production, something Carrie could never pull off!

I saw it the summer of 2019 with Sheridan Smith and didn’t enjoy it all. I know Joseph is quite pantomime-ish anyway but all the winks at the audience and the narrator playing several characters (including Potiphars wife, when Potiphar was played by a CHILD??!) was just awful. The fact that Jason Donavon got to bow after Joseph was also ridiculous (especially as his performance was not good).

I realise that was hugely off topic sorry!!

It's offensive that she even tries to claim she's working class when she goes on about how often she went to Disney Florida as a child/teenager and for her 18th birthday!

I'm probably what you'd describe as middle class and went as a child. I know I'm lucky I've even gone and both my parents had well paying jobs.

She needs a reality check!!

Reactions: 18
It's offensive that she even tries to claim she's working class when she goes on about how often she went to Disney Florida as a child/teenager and for her 18th birthday!

I'm probably what you'd describe as middle class and went as a child. I know I'm lucky I've even gone and both my parents had well paying jobs.

She needs a reality check!!
But that's the narrative that's popular these days. Everyone needs to be a victim, have a sob story, have faced adversity. 🙄 attract sympathy, gain followers

Look at Jameelia Jamil...she's the queen of it

Posted that tomorrow is her 50th Cinderella show… she would’ve hit it earlier if she didn’t have a strop

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably not, which is wild if she claims to be an F1 fan. M Schumacher, Eddie Irvine and Mika Hakkinen are F1 to me. But in fairness I couldn’t name any contemporary racers except Mick Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton.

You think she’d be all about the Schummys though. Family dynasty and all that.
Can someone please explain what F1 is? I'm from the States, so Idk much of European pop culture lol

Can someone please explain what F1 is? I'm from the States, so Idk much of European pop culture lol
I don't think it's purely a European thing, as far as I'm aware it's a worldwide thing. But it's the Formula One, a racing event.

i’ll give you a dumb answer from someone who knows of it but isn’t into it.
basically it’s competitive race car driving, like lighting mcqueen from the cars movie is a race car (i believe lewis hamilton did a cameo in 1 of the movies?) i call it “real life mario kart” and i know a few people are really into it (it’s also quite dangerous)

Formula 1 is kinda like IndyCar, but global and different cars for different teams rather than spec chassis/aero cars that IndyCar has these days. And no oval tracks in F1.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.