Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her video of being in DisneyWorld for her 18th birthday popped up and how did they afford that?! I felt bad asking my parents to buy my friends and I Nando’s, let alone a trip to Florida!🤣
I know, right! But she grew up working class remember! 😉 Her parents had to scrimp and save and work double shifts to afford these trips 🤣 It’s an absolute insult to those who actually struggled. Even if my parents could have afforded that for my 18th it’d be much more appropriate for a 21st I’d have thought.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I read a post ages ago that explained that Carrie makes out like her dad’s job wasn’t great but he worked at Kodak and they were actually very well paid there. Yes they may have had to save to pay for the holidays but they were able to save enough to go every year. Most people can just about afford to go once in their life and that’s with saving and paying off the holiday over time.

Also Carrie doing theatre regularly as a child would cost her parents a lot of time and money taking her into London several times a week. Plus their dad knew one of the Sherman brothers right? I feel like there’s a lot more to her childhood and her parents than we know about. Her upbringing was very very comfortable and she either doesn’t realise or wants to hide it to be relatable / that Carrie thing of wanting to be oppressed when she’s not.

Reactions: 14
I read a post ages ago that explained that Carrie makes out like her dad’s job wasn’t great but he worked at Kodak and they were actually very well paid there. Yes they may have had to save to pay for the holidays but they were able to save enough to go every year. Most people can just about afford to go once in their life and that’s with saving and paying off the holiday over time.

Also Carrie doing theatre regularly as a child would cost her parents a lot of time and money taking her into London several times a week. Plus their dad knew one of the Sherman brothers right? I feel like there’s a lot more to her childhood and her parents than we know about. Her upbringing was very very comfortable and she either doesn’t realise or wants to hide it to be relatable / that Carrie thing of wanting to be oppressed when she’s not.
I know what you mean, I read that too. She casually mentions he worked at Kodak as though he was minimum wage on the production line but I read he was quite high up and on something like £40,000 a year and obviously her Mum worked also.

That’s true regarding London too. A lot of parents jobs would never allow them to have that much time off. She was very privileged to be given the opportunities she had. I can’t figure out whether she’s trying to hide how privileged she was or she’s totally blind to other people’s lifestyles.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
what’s carries going to do when she runs this marathon? i don’t think you’re able to stop for a pee break
Are you familiar with Stephen King's The Long Walk where they're NOT allowed to go to the toilet and have to do it on the move? I suggest Carrie make it her book of the week

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know what you mean, I read that too. She casually mentions he worked at Kodak as though he was minimum wage on the production line but I read he was quite high up and on something like £40,000 a year and obviously her Mum worked also.

That’s true regarding London too. A lot of parents jobs would never allow them to have that much time off. She was very privileged to be given the opportunities she had. I can’t figure out whether she’s trying to hide how privileged she was or she’s totally blind to other people’s lifestyles.
didn’t she complain about how her primary school wouldn’t let her do more shows. all i could think of when she said that was why didnt her parents put her into stage school, where they provide tutors to help when a student is out of the classroom on a project.

Reactions: 4
That insta stories video of Edgar eating with all that cat food all over the floor is bleeping grim.

Sometimes I imagine how Edgar must think he lucked out big time by becoming Carrie’s Instagram accessory 😂 he gets so many gifted food items and toys. That’s one middle class cat.

didn’t she complain about how her primary school wouldn’t let her do more shows. all i could think of when she said that was why didnt her parents put her into stage school, where they provide tutors to help when a student is out of the classroom on a project.
Yeah exactly! They wouldn’t have “bullied” her for it there 🙃 I always wondered why when Tom paid for her to go to a private school it wasn’t a theatre school. Am I right in thinking Tom and Gi went to Sylvia Young? Why didn’t Carrie go too?

Yeah exactly! They wouldn’t have “bullied” her for it there 🙃 I always wondered why when Tom paid for her to go to a private school it wasn’t a theatre school. Am I right in thinking Tom and Gi went to Sylvia Young? Why didn’t Carrie go too?
She mentioned at some point that she interviewed(?) for Sylvia Youngs, or got her first agent through them or something, but she chose to go to a different school because she wanted a more ordinary school time, I think.

Reactions: 2
She mentioned at some point that she interviewed(?) for Sylvia Youngs, or got her first agent through them or something, but she chose to go to a different school because she wanted a more ordinary school time, I think.
Ah thank you! :) I wasn’t sure

Reactions: 1

I've always thought Carrie has a very narrow view of privilege and how it can show up, and the Sherman brothers stuff is an example of that. Even if they weren't the richest family in the world, having that kind of family friend is a privilege when you want to work in theatre. As is her whiteness, her thinness, being able-bodied, or even living in/close to London. On top of that, her brother being famous helped her enormously with her YouTube channel. Yes, it took her producing content to keep it going, but she initially had the attention because she's a Fletcher. None of these things are inherently bad, and people with more than that do less in life than she has, but not acknowledging and accepting it is quite immature.

Also, she can say she's working class until the cows come home but being working class is not shorthand for poor. While some definitions of class relate solely to the type of work a person does (like manual labour), it's also fair to define class by income. My dad worked an office job when we were kids, but we were poor as duck because it doesn't matter what type of job you have if it pays terribly. The fact her dad worked at Kodak is meaningless if it paid well.

If she's desperate to be disadvantaged, then she could open up about how her brother's career and name follows her around. How she finds it hard for people to see her as her own person outside of that. Or even about her mental health struggles and how they can impact things (I remember her saying a few years ago that she was on antidepressants).

Reactions: 16

I believe the only connection to the Sherman brothers was through Carrie being in Mary Poppins and Chitty as a kid. Carrie was in the original cast at Bristol and the Prince Edward in London for Mary Poppins and London Palladium for Chitty- i imagine the Sherman brothers were heavily involved in bringing their music to the stage productions which is why Carrie knows them.

I believe the only connection to the Sherman brothers was through Carrie being in Mary Poppins and Chitty as a kid. Carrie was in the original cast at Bristol and the Prince Edward in London for Mary Poppins and London Palladium for Chitty- i imagine the Sherman brothers were heavily involved in bringing their music to the stage productions which is why Carrie knows them.
I don’t know why but I had it in my head that her Dad knew one of them. Happy to be corrected but did anyone else think that?

at first i was like “aww carrie is supporting luke cutforths film”, then she mentioned in the second slide that her voice was in the trailer 🙄🙄

Reactions: 7
Her friend has been working on a film for years and now the trailer is out, it’s all about how her voice is in the trailer. (Am I the only one who didn’t hear her in it?)

Also in regards to her needing the pee during the show (the second time this week she’s told us about her bladder), if she calmed down with the tea, coffee, and fizzy drinks, she wouldn’t need to pee so much. As someone has already said, they are diuretics. She should try drinking water for a change.

Reactions: 11
Her friend has been working on a film for years and now the trailer is out, it’s all about how her voice is in the trailer. (Am I the only one who didn’t hear her in it?)
i think her voice was the singing at the end? the faint one that sounds like it’s under water

Reactions: 1
Also, she can say she's working class until the cows come home but being working class is not shorthand for poor. While some definitions of class relate solely to the type of work a person does (like manual labour), it's also fair to define class by income. My dad worked an office job when we were kids, but we were poor as duck because it doesn't matter what type of job you have if it pays terribly. The fact her dad worked at Kodak is meaningless if it paid well.
Absolutely - class is definitely not defined by income only. I grew up poor - properly poor, like sometimes there's no food in the cupboards poor - but despite the fact that I now have a really comfortable job and recently came into a pretty life-changing sum of money, I still consider myself to be working class and probably always will.

I think Carrie's definition of 'working class' is that both her parents 'worked'. But your parents owning their home, sending a son to stage school and paying for regular Disney holidays are not markers of a genuine working class childhood. Far from it.

Reactions: 18
Has Pick Me mentioned the documentary about Michael Schumacher yet? My earliest memories involve watching him on F1 and I grew up alongside his career and I really don’t think my brain will accept her trying to act like he is someone she’s cared about for longer than a month.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.