Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah of course but to someone else’s wedding? 🤔

Also I just watched the video. Wow. I cried! Amazing achievement for Carrie. Felt like watching the old her.

Reactions: 7
They often are short bursts of high energy instead of steady state like running and I wonder if that's her weak area.
100% agree here as I'm the opposite of this. Dance routines in a musical? No bother. Controlling my heart rate enough to run over a long period of time - nightmare :ROFLMAO: I did competitive cheerleading growing up as well as musicals (still do musicals as an adult) and have said for years my body is programmed to put everything I've got in to a 3 minute routine (or multiple routines over the course of a day/night/weekend) and just can't cope with trying to do a sustained smaller effort over a longer amount of time.

Reactions: 2
100% agree here as I'm the opposite of this. Dance routines in a musical? No bother. Controlling my heart rate enough to run over a long period of time - nightmare :ROFLMAO: I did competitive cheerleading growing up as well as musicals (still do musicals as an adult) and have said for years my body is programmed to put everything I've got in to a 3 minute routine (or multiple routines over the course of a day/night/weekend) and just can't cope with trying to do a sustained smaller effort over a longer amount of time.
Yeah I am (or was lol) better at more steady state stuff but anything that requires high intensity or explosive power or energy I'm hopeless at. You need to be fit for your lifestyle and/or job/hobbies

I really liked her marathon vlog. I wish she was like this more often. Got emotional watching that.

Reactions: 9
credit where its due im seriously impressed that she managed to do it! i really enjoyed the video that she did to go along with it as well (also i got distracted while watching it and a half hour ad came on that played in full so ur welcome for the ad money cazza)

Reactions: 5
Can't wait to watch the video, sounds promising if you are comparing it to her older self! :)

On a side note, her insta story about welcoming Natasha May-Thomas to the Cinderella cast made me lol, because I noticed Carrie isn't even following her 😆 Nor is Natasha following her either, just a funny situation imo. I know she's one for sharing quote-y posts from accounts she doesnt follow, but a fellow cast member?

Can't wait to watch the video, sounds promising if you are comparing it to her older self! :)

On a side note, her insta story about welcoming Natasha May-Thomas to the Cinderella cast made me lol, because I noticed Carrie isn't even following her 😆 Nor is Natasha following her either, just a funny situation imo. I know she's one for sharing quote-y posts from accounts she doesnt follow, but a fellow cast member?
I do find that a bit awkward personally! A tiny bit unrelated but I know someone who was in the Addams Family tour with her and I don’t think she ever followed them back. If I remember correctly from the GuruGossip days I'm sure she unfollowed Jodie as soon as their run at The Other Palace was over and then followed her again as soon as their transfer to Haymarket was announced

Reactions: 4
I'm struggling to find this online - am I right in thinking Carrie never does either Wednesday performance of Cinderella?

Edit: Nevermind! Found it:

Carrie doesnt do the Wednesday matinee until the 25th of October, after that she will then be off on Mondays.

Last edited:
Just read (ok: skimmed) Variety.com's article about ALW (he's still insufferable, sorry) and he wants to take Cinderella to Broadway by next summer, he's currently looking for a venue over there. My guess is he's going to take Carrie with him to Broadway. If I saw it correctly, the article doesn't mention her by name; it does mention Ivano in a fawning paragraph about how ALW's casting in all his productions has been colorblind. In true ALW he praises himself a tad too much for, well, basically everything.

Reactions: 7

Just came across this really well worded video on tiktok about Carrie and stunt casting. The comments from hopefuls all saying how dare you be so hateful our carrie is TALENTED 😡😡 lmao
but also non surprisingly so many theatre working people in the comments saying how much of a diva she is to work with

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You know I actually liked this vlog. It did feel very much like her old videos, which are the ones that I like the most. She did well with this one and I hope she continues with her original vlogging style.

Reactions: 6

Just came across this really well worded video on tiktok about Carrie and stunt casting. The comments from hopefuls all saying how dare you be so hateful our carrie is TALENTED 😡😡 lmao
but also non surprisingly so many theatre working people in the comments saying how much of a diva she is to work with
The fact this videos on Carrie are full of this rumors they really must have some truth behind them.
DCC7BD7F-1EAE-432F-8BD9-794638694043.jpeg
84F22A2F-5F6F-4760-9E26-95DD15E2937F.jpeg

Reactions: 13
I think her lack of friends in the industry speaks volumes. Everyone has bad days but there are clues and patterns in behaviour that give away the real person.

I think there's also a distinction between being a nice person and being someone who is pleasant to work with. One of the things you learn with every job (in my experience) is how to work with and alongside other people and never having had a "normal" job it makes a lot of sense to me that this is something that Carrie would lack.

Reactions: 14
I agree that her lack of friends in the industry (and in general) is telling. Not that not having friends is bad, but in Carrie's case I do wonder how she spent all those years at Les Mis without forming any meaningful friend/relationships with the dozens of performers she must have shared the dressing room and stage with. She has been in quite a few shows and I never got the feeling that there was a cast that particularly liked her. Maybe she's super awkward, or maybe she's just as judgmental and entitled as her online persona suggests. Plus, she has NO real love for musical theatre just for what SHE gets out of it (applause and fame).
And again, the disclaimer: this is not a dig at people without friends in general, just at Her Royal Highness Queen "I literally Carrie Hope" Fletcher :D

I agree that her lack of friends in the industry (and in general) is telling. Not that not having friends is bad, but in Carrie's case I do wonder how she spent all those years at Les Mis without forming any meaningful friend/relationships with the dozens of performers she must have shared the dressing room and stage with. She has been in quite a few shows and I never got the feeling that there was a cast that particularly liked her. Maybe she's super awkward, or maybe she's just as judgmental and entitled as her online persona suggests. Plus, she has NO real love for musical theatre just for what SHE gets out of it (applause and fame).
And again, the disclaimer: this is not a dig at people without friends in general, just at Her Royal Highness Queen "I literally Carrie Hope" Fletcher :D
Personally if I’d worked hard for years training, had potentially spent thousands of pounds attending drama school, spent a fortune to rent and live in London, was rejected countless times and made loads of sacrifices to get into the performing arts industry to be in a show with Carrie who’s had such an easy ride compared to most (but thinks she’s hard done by) I think I’d struggle to like her, no matter how many donuts she offered me. I certainly wouldn’t like to have a vlogging camera shoved in my face either but that’s just me.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.