Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw two people fist fighting by the Les Mis theatre but I didn’t become a total bleeping drama queen 🤷‍♀️
It's a good thing it was you and not her who saw that, or else she would have not had other choice than quit theatre altogether and what would the West End be without our heaven-sent prodigy Care Bear?

(I'm particularly petty today, sorry)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Matching her new collection jumper to her pram, FFS the daft twit 🤦🏼‍♀️ Really hope that one’s a £3.75 Asda barg next week

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lol, Carrie in the first episode of her podcast: "I've done some book videos on my YouTube channel in the past few months, but they don't get as many views as my other videos because my audience comes for the theatre content".
No, Carrie, many of us joined before you started in musical theatre, back when your videos were more creative and fun/interesting. Your taste in books and how you "review" them is what makes your book vids boring.

Reactions: 16
Because he's going out to pretty much the same bar right next to the Frozen theatre (or, like last night, taking an uber with his cast mates) every night when his girlfriend is at home having an anxiety attack over an unfortunate situation. I don't even like Carrie but having met/seen him IRL he comes across as a really weird person. Either they're broken up or he's not that attentive to her.
I really don't see the issue with him going out or taking an uber with his castmates (how very dare he :rolleyes:) We don't know that Carrie was home having an anxiety attack. It really came across that she was at home being a spoilt brat more. We don't know anything about their relationship and what they are really like together but from the way she behaves, I don't blame the guy for going out and having fun.

Reactions: 14
Lol, Carrie in the first episode of her podcast: "I've done some book videos on my YouTube channel in the past few months, but they don't get as many views as my other videos because my audience comes for the theatre content".
No, Carrie, many of us joined before you started in musical theatre, back when your videos were more creative and fun/interesting. Your taste in books and how you "review" them is what makes your book vids boring.
Remember when she branded herself as ‘your older sister’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Was going to listen to the first episode of the podcast whilst doing a face mask, but I couldn't find it on Apple podcasts... one thing lead to another and I've ended up locked* out of my Gmail account 😭
Thanks Carrie. (I kid)

Anyway, for anyone interested in a TL;DR of the podcast's first ep:
(I don't know if there's a way for me to chop this post up with a 'read more' a là Tumblr, or...)
  • "For those of you who don't know who I am, because why would you? I'm Carrie Hope Fletcher: author, actress, and vlogger." — I truly don't see this breaking out into the mainstream, as it was so bloody hard to find in the first place (see above). Also the smugness and faux-modesty...
  • She proceeds to list all her West End credits from the past seven years. "You may have seen my moonface up on the stage," did make me laugh, sue me.
  • "I just couldn't wish for a better job." Which is why you always complain about it, alright.
  • Apparently she burned the first book she ever wrote, and she hopes the books she's written as an adult are better than that was. YMMV. And she lost her passion for reading because she moved into "a little one bedroom flat at 22." She couldn't take all her books, so she had to renovate her new house to fit them all in 😔 the hardship. Now she reads all the time.
  • She's started this podcast because her booktube videos do rubbish engagement-wise. I appreciate the self-awareness, but this podcast is essentially a glorified Goodreads.
  • She believes in casual magic which, fair enough. But she thinks books are "genuinely magic", which I don't think is quirky.
  • "I tend not to review books," please, do it less, Carrie.
  • She has a very low bar for appreciating musicals, which explains why she's in Cindermehla.
  • "I only spend energy on things I enjoy," hmm. We all know how the past weekend went.
  • "I'm beginning to sound like Granny Carrie."
  • She's on Bookstagram for shelfies and a podcast—which is very spontaneous, apparently. Not like Gi started one recently, or anything.
  • Rhyming 'silly' and 'willy nilly'.
Carrie's five criteria (if the answer to each one is yes, she adds a star):
  1. Does she like the cover? (ETA—I think this is a bullshit metric, as actually the cover has very little bearing on the content of the book other than making you want to pick it up in a shop. Also covers vary by regions quite drastically? IDK this feels very out-of-place for someone trying to be serious.)
  2. Does she like the writing style?
  3. Does she relate to the characters (can't she read her own books for this?)?
  4. Did it make her feel something (but presumably something positive, as she just said she can't get through Breaking Bad because the characters aren't morally superior)?
  5. Would she recommend it (AKA—is it currently popular, and thus she knows other people like it? I can't envisage her sharing any hidden gems)?
Then she went on a tangent about a 'niche' book that only some people would like or understand. 🙃 You can still bloody recommend it, unless you're gatekeeping it.

She said it was lovely to have me, so thanks Carrie.

the 4 recordings of her podcast are the only one she will do, whatever happened to her and Celinde (?) one?
Here you go: "We have a podcast called Wonder Women, but we haven't recorded an episode in two years [...] because of our schedules, we're busy people." She said they intend to continue soon. I call BS but, y'know.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Was going to listen to the first episode of the podcast whilst doing a face mask, but I couldn't find it on Apple podcasts... one thing lead to another and I've ended up logged out of my Gmail account 😭
Thanks Carrie. (I kid)

(I don't know if there's a way for me to chop this post up with a 'read more' a là Tumblr, or...)
  • "For those of you who don't know who I am, because why would you? I'm Carrie Hope Fletcher: author, actress, and vlogger." — I truly don't see this breaking out into the mainstream, as it was so bloody hard to find in the first place (see above). Also the smugness and faux-modesty...
  • She proceeds to list all her West End credits from the past seven years. "You may have seen my moonface up on the stage," did make me laugh, sue me.
  • "I just couldn't wish for a better job." Which is why you always complain about it, alright.
  • Apparently she burned the first book she ever wrote, and she hopes the books she's written as an adult are better than that was. YMMV. And she lost her passion for reading because she moved into "a little one bedroom flat at 22." She couldn't take all her books, so she had to renovate her new house to fit them all in 😔 the hardship. Now she reads all the time.
  • She's started this podcast because her booktube videos do rubbish engagement-wise. I appreciate the self-awareness, but this podcast is essentially a glorified Goodreads.
  • She believes in casual magic which, fair enough. But she thinks books are "genuinely magic", which I don't think is quirky.
  • She has a very low bar for appreciating musicals, which explains why she's in Cindermehla.
  • "I only spend energy on things I enjoy," hmm. We all know how the past weekend went.
  • She's on Bookstagram for shelfies and a podcast—which is very spontaneous, apparently. Not like Gi started one recently, or anything.
  1. Does she like the cover?
  4. Did it make her feel something (but presumably something positive, as she just said she can't get through Breaking Bad because the characters aren't morally superior)?
  5. Would she recommend it?
Then she went on a tangent about a 'niche' book that only some people would like or understand. 🙃 You can still bloody recommend it, unless you're gatekeeping it.

Here you go: "We have a podcast called Wonder Women, but we haven't recorded an episode in two years [...] because of our schedules, we're busy people." She said they intend to continue soon. I call BS but, y'know.
As someone who's just listened to the episode, your review is spot on 😂 Better than any review she's ever done of anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You can find it on Spotify, and no, not really. This episode was just basic exposition and a tiny bit of an ego fest.
Thank you! Haven’t even started listening but I really dislike the picture she’s used for the cover. The hair makes me think of Annie

The way she’s talking is very ASMR, like it’s not how she normally talks?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Nope can’t listen to it. As soon as she started speaking, I could hear her smug smirk and her annoying eyebrow raise. And it drives me mad when she frequently recaps us all on her career, under the pretence of a ‘reintroduction’ to new audiences, because it’s just her trying to sound welcoming when actually she just wants to brag. No other theatre actor, or any actor, or even influencer, does as many recaps of their career as she does. I’ve never known anyone to talk about themselves so much, it’s screams insecurity and lack of personality. She’s so boring.

Reactions: 16
Was going to listen to the first episode of the podcast whilst doing a face mask, but I couldn't find it on Apple podcasts... one thing lead to another and I've ended up locked* out of my Gmail account 😭
Thanks Carrie. (I kid)

1. Does she like the cover? (ETA—I think this is a bullshit metric, as actually the cover has very little bearing on the content of the book other than making you want to pick it up in a shop. Also covers vary by regions quite drastically? IDK this feels very out-of-place for someone trying to be serious.)
  5. Would she recommend it (AKA—is it currently popular, and thus she knows other people like it? I can't envisage her sharing any hidden gems)?

Thanks for taking one for the team, I couldn’t even read to the end of your post without giving up and rolling my eyes so I think you deserve a medal for actually listening to it 😂

🤦🏼‍♀️😑😴

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Having seen the new Joanie halloween collection, it really looks like some of Carrie's collection was just the rejects from that to me

Reactions: 6
After the WEL disaster, I must say, it makes me so sad looking at what Carrie and her social media presence have become. I used to absolutely love her channel (yeaarss ago), she was truly passionate and informative about theatre. She definitely wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I really liked her content, she put effort in. I even loved her first books. I joke about the "honorary sister" stuff now but at the time she did feel like a role model to me. I met her during her Eponine Les Mis run and thought she was lovely, she seemed genuinely grateful to be where she was with her career and her platform.

Theatre is a bloody hard industry, I know so many people who would KILL to be where she is with her career. Many of my friends in the industry/training would break down over the opportunity to perform at WEL and yet, she acts like it's a chore she has to complete because of her job. She could've given that opportunity to one of the Cinderella covers if she was truly so anxious about it, but no, it has to be about Carrie and only Carrie. Back at the beginning of her youtube channel, that Carrie may have been nervous at the idea of performing at something like WEL but she would've been so grateful for it. Not anymore, clearly.

It is just so embarrassing to watch this downfall knowing I looked up to her for so many years. There's no gratitude anymore and no passion.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I lasted 2 minutes and 16 seconds into the podcast and had to switch off. It’s basically just another medium for Carrie to talk about her favourite subject - herself. Don’t bother listening.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.