Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie didn't sound any worse than she did in the theatre. She's was very meh at the New London. Honestly, she's making this whole charade about herself and how everything was an attack on her.

It was a weird song to pick anyway. It's not an emotional ballad and it's not a bop you can dance to.

Reactions: 11
I still don't think it was Carrie demanding the videos were removed, I think it was someone higher up, which contributed to her anxiety. It was a bad promo for the show all round, and with them struggling to sell tickets, I think the PR team probably had to act and Carrie's gone into a tailspin about it.
I agree. I don't think she's enough of a diva to demand that they get taken down, as I think she's smart enough to know that could come back to haunt her.

However, I think the decision to take it down was BECAUSE of her reaction to the performance. Not entirely, but partially. ALW or one of his higher minions probably saw her social meltdown, thought it was bad for PR because Princess Carrie can do no wrong, and tried unsuccessfully to remove any evidence of her being a regular actress who makes mistakes as opposed to some kind of musical deity.

Wouldnt WEL be the perfect chance for the show to highlight a new song from the show, show off the ensemble and other cast? I can’t think of any other song from the show having not been but it’s like an artist only ever playing one song from the album and expecting everyone to buy tickets to the tour?
I watched a lot of the other performances from WEL on YouTube as they showcase a few of the songs from each show but to only have one song and one character it doesn’t exactly draw in a new audience

I just had a thought...

Bad Cinderella, so much not like other girls that she's the only one who gets any evidence of her mistakes destroyed 😌

I wonder if they'd have done the same for her alternate/covers/swings? Silly question, we all know the answer to that.

Reactions: 6
I just had a thought...

Bad Cinderella, so much not like other girls that she's the only one who gets any evidence of her mistakes destroyed 😌

I wonder if they'd have done the same for her alternate/covers/swings? Silly question, we all know the answer to that.
I love that! Could we shorten it a little to make it our next thread title? Looks like we’ll be needing it soon 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree. I don't think she's enough of a diva to demand that they get taken down, as I think she's smart enough to know that could come back to haunt her.

However, I think the decision to take it down was BECAUSE of her reaction to the performance. Not entirely, but partially. ALW or one of his higher minions probably saw her social meltdown, thought it was bad for PR because Princess Carrie can do no wrong, and tried unsuccessfully to remove any evidence of her being a regular actress who makes mistakes as opposed to some kind of musical deity.
Yeah sorry I should have been clearer on that! I think it was definitely done in response to her public reaction, not because she demanded it. There’s plenty of rough WEL performances out there that the shows’ social media accounts, worse case scenario, just cut down and posted sections that were redeemable instead of uploading the whole thing. So something definitely happened there.

Reactions: 8
Wouldnt WEL be the perfect chance for the show to highlight a new song from the show, show off the ensemble and other cast? I can’t think of any other song from the show having not been but it’s like an artist only ever playing one song from the album and expecting everyone to buy tickets to the tour?
I watched a lot of the other performances from WEL on YouTube as they showcase a few of the songs from each show but to only have one song and one character it doesn’t exactly draw in a new audience
They could have use the Sebastian/Cinderella duet.
Is catchy, doesn’t need that much choreography and you have the romantic interest in a playful banter with Cinderella, and is so early on the show it doesn’t give that much plot away.
is my favorite song of the musical but sadly can’t listen that often because of some vocal choices of Carrie (her mocking voice is so baaaaad)

Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but the anxiety card won’t wash with me in this situation. Having suffered with it myself I know it can be awful but you cannot behave the way she has and expect to be taken seriously in the industry. This is professional theatre - the West End no less - not am dram Carrie 🙄

Reactions: 19
But surely, if she knows she suffers bad anxiety from performing outside of a theatre- why not let one of the understudies take the gig?? There were plenty of understudies and swings on stage throughout the weekend!

Reactions: 14
But surely, if she knows she suffers bad anxiety from performing outside of a theatre- why not let one of the understudies take the gig?? There were plenty of understudies and swings on stage throughout the weekend!
No way would Carrie give someone else the spotlight!!!

Reactions: 12
It would of been lovely to have seen Georgina's take on Cinderella

Reactions: 12
That would mean letting her alternate take the spotlight and the attention and the praise if the performance goes well, and not only that, it would mean letting the alternate's performance be seen by potentially more people that would ever see hers, having the video posted on youtube forever and all. Also *gasp* can you imagine if someone got the wrong impression and though the alternate is actually the main actress playing Cindermehla?. No chance of that happening in front of our Care Bear with one of her precious roles, which are all hers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Cinderella has a Sunday show so I wonder why there wasn’t a performance at Sunday’s WEL. Like someone said, it could’ve been a nice way to show Georgina’s version like how Six always includes the alternates in their pieces at WEL

Reactions: 9
Lmao she just wants attention. I bet she's loving the spotlight right now.

Because he's going out to pretty much the same bar right next to the Frozen theatre (or, like last night, taking an uber with his cast mates) every night when his girlfriend is at home having an anxiety attack over an unfortunate situation. I don't even like Carrie but having met/seen him IRL he comes across as a really weird person. Either they're broken up or he's not that attentive to her.
Isn't that normal behavior though? It's a good sign that he's actually hanging out with his castmates. Just because Carrie's a huge attention bleep doesn't mean Oliver's a simp for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Did anyone see the absolutely joyful bows that Georgia Tapp took when she went on for Carrie?! They were at the end of the post Carrie just put on her stories. Sooo lovely to see, and the cast are thrilled for her!

So Carrie has sort of addressed Georgia’s debut… but literally just sharing the picture of Georgia’s post but without any indication of the caption and with no actual comment from Carrie (clarification: she has commented on the actual post though I more mean for her followers etc) but I guess we’ll have to take it - it is a bit strange though because I’ve seen amazing posts from leads supporting the covers of other actors or their own by writing really sweet messages either in posts or on their stories, mainly phantom, Heathers etc - but anyway all this to say Georgia’s post was so so sweet and really inspirational thank you and the photos of the cast like Ivano being so happy for her are just 🥺

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Her ankles are ruined, she's said so previously. How does she think she can do a marathon and not get injured? Surely that would be jeopardising Cinders, but then again, they are used to covering at a moments notice. Sounds like she is becoming more and more of a liability.
Maybe that's her plan. Then she'd have a legitimate reason to get out of Cinders, and her fans will still love her.

Reactions: 1
Maybe that's her plan. Then she'd have a legitimate reason to get out of Cinders, and her fans will still love her.
I think it's more win-win for Carrie. If she doesn't absolutely wreck her body she'll go on about how she ran a marathon, wrote 2 books and starred in a West End musical and isn't she great. If she does injure herself she'll pull the whole martyr routine and her Hatefuls will lick her backside anyway. She'll be insufferable either way.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.