Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this on her Twitter feed.. yeah, very grim. Unless it's one of your mates (SH) playing the public, then it's fine for the likes of you and that dreadful India women to jump in. Hello Pot, have you met Kettle? šŸ™„

Imgine having a public one way IG rant at Drunk Elephant because a private DM about what they really thought of you was sent to you.

Carolineā€™s not confrontational (thankfully) so she kept her dignity and sorted it out privately šŸ˜‰.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Just found this on her Twitter feed.. yeah, very grim. Unless it's one of your mates (SH) playing the public, then it's fine for the likes of you and that dreadful India women to jump in. Hello Pot, have you met Kettle? šŸ™„

Yes, and her condescending use of the term WAG.

Reactions: 2
And on another day sheā€™d be saying ā€œgood on Colleen for sticking up for herselfā€

These influencers turn on a dime and blow whichever way their ā€œhot takeā€ dictates in the moment. Usually just to be contrary to what they perceive to be the general consensus. Itā€™s tiresome.

Reactions: 6
And on another day sheā€™d be saying ā€œgood on Colleen for sticking up for herselfā€

These influencers turn on a dime and blow whichever way their ā€œhot takeā€ dictates in the moment. Usually just to be contrary to what they perceive to be the general consensus. Itā€™s tiresome.
Yeah exactly, can almost see the quote "good on her, don't mess with us Northerners"

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah exactly, can almost see the quote "good on her, don't mess with us Northerners"
When she did her supportive video about Kylie Jennerā€™s skincare range you could see the cogs turning in her head. ā€œHa! Everyone will be expecting me to be critical of her as a vacuous airhead with no knowledge of skincare launching skincare! But Iā€™m going to celebrate her as an entrepreneurial, savvy young women! Women supporting women! Iā€™m so clever!ā€

And wtf is this ā€œskin care activistā€ shite. Is she actually going to try to co-opt XR language for her own financial gain?

Reactions: 6

Absolutely zero self awareness

Reactions: 3
When she did her supportive video about Kylie Jennerā€™s skincare range you could see the cogs turning in her head. ā€œHa! Everyone will be expecting me to be critical of her as a vacuous airhead with no knowledge of skincare launching skincare! But Iā€™m going to celebrate her as an entrepreneurial, savvy young women! Women supporting women! Iā€™m so clever!ā€

And wtf is this ā€œskin care activistā€ shite. Is she actually going to try to co-opt XR language for her own financial gain?
Skincare activist who doesn't care about rotten practices in the industry "old news, everyone does it"

Skincare activist who doesn't care about rotten practices in the industry "old news, everyone does it"
And that might make sense if she had talked about at length when the whistleblower first went to Reddit. Followed by the Allure article etc. But I donā€™t recall....

Iā€™m sure back then it was ā€œwe donā€™t know for sure, let the authorities investigate it through the proper channelsā€

Well.. now they have and as you say: radio silence. Sadly most people have the attention spans of goldfish so they get away with such blatant contrariness.

Reactions: 2
Activism implies she is going to disrupt or protest against the prevailing ā€˜regimeā€™ (ha ha) or system. Sheā€™s so much part of the system she canā€™t even see it. On the systemā€™s payroll. Sheā€™s doesnā€™t care about corrupt or misleading practises (old news) because sheā€™s on the side of the industry & not consumers. Bloody hypocrite. And so stupid to think weā€™re so stupid we donā€™t see her & her ilk (Sali, India) for what they really are.

Bringing out a box of products costing Ā£290. Either alienating people or making people want to spend more than they can afford. šŸ‘šŸ»

So Caroline dropped her ā€œbig announcementā€ a winter kit for the bargain price of Ā£290. And if sheā€™s donating Ā£10k of the profits to charity just how much is she making? (a shitload I imagine)

Bringing out a box of products costing Ā£290. Either alienating people or making people want to spend more than they can afford. šŸ‘šŸ»
From the look the replies on her FB group alienating people

Attachments

It would be a bit more worth it if the Zelens was full size. I can see a lot of people not realising that and purchasing it thinking the inclusion of Power D makes it good value.

Itā€™s a no from me. I do like that some brands have included discount codes too though.

Reactions: 1
I get what she's saying about packaging with advent calendars but without the thing of opening up and having something each day, it's just a box of stuff. No surprise and a fair percentage is bound to be unsuitable for your skin. It's really repetitive and boring too. I couldn't believe how nuts the freaks were getting-but now it's announced most seem to be saying it's overpriced, big fail for me.

Wow. There are some nice products in there, but the economy is tanking and people all over the country are starting to feel the pinch, especially in the run up to Christmas. This feels tone deaf to me.

Reactions: 4
Someone asked if they were full size products and she said yes. Er no - Pixi, Emma Hardy and josh Rosenbrook, plus others are travel size!

• Wow
Didn't she do a similar thing last year (and the year before, and before)? Why is this being presented as something novel and exciting? It's a beauty box and there is a big chance a lot of the product will not suit you or be a disappointment. Also, I believe most people already have a cleanser and moisturiser (much cheaper and just as effective, if not more so).
Why 2 forms of retinols? (OK, Pixi had to be included somewhere, duh!)
What's the point of the Josh Rosebrook hydrating spray, there was no specific explanation what it actually does other than moisturise and that JR is a living angel or something like that, but she already included moisturiser and moisturising serum, why do I need this as well? And of course she used up so many of them, because it's a bleeping spray. Not to mention 2 moisturisers, if the first one isn't a proper sunscreen, you don't need 2 moisturisers.
If you lose all your skincare then maybe something like this would make sense, but it has unnecessary products. I'd rather buy 3 things full price, if they are something I actually need or miss in my routine.

She said she chose brands first, then products. I can see how that makes sense for her, but for the consumer? Nope.

Iā€™m convinced people with disposable income are simply on the lookout for tit to blow their cash on, itā€™s the only way to explain how stuff like this and all the beauty advent calendars sell out year after year.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.