Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s stripping on Twitter now. . .
So @YouTube have demonetised my video. It’s a Skincare Empties. What do they think it shows FFS? Literally empty bottles of product. WOW. THE HORROR.....
why don’t she just go and enjoy her family holiday time.

She's quite frosty in that empties vid - even if it is pre DE gate.

I love empties vids.

Last edited by a moderator:
She’s stripping on Twitter now. . .
So @YouTube have demonetised my video. It’s a Skincare Empties. What do they think it shows FFS?
Demonetised it because they think it's sponsored? Oh, good.

Reactions: 2
Her aggressive personality isn’t new.

Years ago when I first followed her and did Twitter she’d often comment about using a bat on anyone who crossed her or her kids . She dropped that when she became much more successful. She’s always prided herself in being one not to cross despite her saying she’s not confrontational .
She does seem like the type that has pulled out a few ear rings and pony tails in her day.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's awful - a total kiss-up fest. It's embarrassing. I can't see that post on there so I guess it was moderated.

I have been critical in the comments - overlooked but not yet banned.

Reactions: 4
Came here via the Sali Hughes forum after seeing the DE debacle...

I'm with DE on this one. I was a long-time follower of Caroline's until it became clearer and clearer that she had commercial arrangements with companies she was promoting. I spent A LOT off the back of her recommendations, not one which has hung around in my routine. Many recommendations were pointless. I totally get that the head of R&D would get eye-rollingly frustrated with CH. Her product knowledge is the equivalent of a pile of press-releases.

If I remember correctly aren't there some brands which she stopped covering all of a sudden? Was it Sunday Riley? I imagine she is pretty mercenary - have a commercial arrangement with me or I will freeze you out. DE staff will be well aware of this and probably more cynical than most of us..

Reactions: 9
Came here via the Sali Hughes forum after seeing the DE debacle...

I'm with DE on this one. I was a long-time follower of Caroline's until it became clearer and clearer that she had commercial arrangements with companies she was promoting. I spent A LOT off the back of her recommendations, not one which has hung around in my routine. Many recommendations were pointless. I totally get that the head of R&D would get eye-rollingly frustrated with CH. Her product knowledge is the equivalent of a pile of press-releases.

If I remember correctly aren't there some brands which she stopped covering all of a sudden? Was it Sunday Riley? I imagine she is pretty mercenary - have a commercial arrangement with me or I will freeze you out. DE staff will be well aware of this and probably more cynical than most of us..
In the interest of being fair, I don't think we can say that most of her recommendations are bad for everybody. I myself, as a former Hirons lover (and now very outspoken critic), have spent a fortune on her recommendation, but most products have hung around and changed my skin dramatically (for the better).
The issue is that she's sold her soul to the highest bidder, only started recommending super expensive products, and let loose terrible attitude and general propensity for lying and being super aggressive.
And yes she definitely fell out with SR.

Reactions: 8
Goodness. Have just caught up with this thread.

I don’t think I have bought anything Hirons has recommended (though I am v keen to try out the P50), but wow!! I can’t believe that she would burn bridges in this way when her livelihood depends on it.

I am actually rather gobsmacked.

@SavetheDrama

What’s the deal with snail mucin in K Beauty, please? Because I tend to follow Charlotte Cho’s recommendations and came across this:

https://theklog.co/beauty-products-with-snail-mucin/

That article totally fails to say that the mesh on which “snails are left to rest for 30 minutes” is electrified in order to cause stress to the snails so they secrete more mucin. The mesh is covered not because snails prefer the dark, but so they can’t get away. What a whitewash.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
That article totally fails to say that the mesh on which “snails are left to rest for 30 minutes” is electrified in order to cause stress to the snails so they secrete more mucin. The mesh is covered not because snails prefer the dark, but so they can’t get away. What a whitewash.
bleeping hell. I had no idea. Jesus. 😱

Reactions: 1
Awful

Goodness. Have just caught up with this thread.

I don’t think I have bought anything Hirons has recommended (though I am v keen to try out the P50), but wow!! I can’t believe that she would burn bridges in this way when her livelihood depends on it.

I am actually rather gobsmacked.

@SavetheDrama

What’s the deal with snail mucin in K Beauty, please? Because I tend to follow Charlotte Cho’s recommendations and came across this:

https://theklog.co/beauty-products-with-snail-mucin/
Animal cruelty - the poor snails are treated horribly.

Instead of the hard to get P50 I recommend Pixi's Glow Tonic or the Ordinary version acid toner (can't remember the name right now!)

I use Glow Tonic - I like it a lot.

I think she does know about formulas and I trust her chat on that. But yes, it's more the aggressiveness and the uber high end products that I can't get passed these days - it's a shame because I really used to like her and she has done wonders for my skin.

I use Glow Tonic - I like it a lot.

I think she does know about formulas and I trust her chat on that. But yes, it's more the aggressiveness and the uber high end products that I can't get passed these days - it's a shame because I really used to like her and she has done wonders for my skin.
I agree. I have bought lots of products as I learned about them from her. Some I still use and some I don’t but that is not her fault. I am an adult and can buy what I choose. For me it’s the shoutyness and eyebrow raising I can’t bear along with not being able to accept criticism. She also has a massive chip on her shoulder which shows itself daily. She does seem to only go high end now.... don’t suppose there is much money to be made in the lower price point products.

And another thing she posts pictures of her family solely so that the fan cult gush over how beautiful they are. We don’t need to see pictures of your kids Caroline

And another thing she posts pictures of her family solely so that the fan cult gush over how beautiful they are. We don’t need to see pictures of your kids Caroline
How old is her daughter? Gotta say I’m a bit surprised her account’s public.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.